*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic (12/12/21 @ 6:30 pm PT) Gm#28 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I thought Vogal should have been shot for playing Bron in the fourth. I have to walk that back.

I don't understand how or why this team blows big leads and turns blowouts into nail biters. Do they lose concentration, take their foot off the gas, WHAT? Bron should have been able to sit most of the 4th but he had to play to secure the win. SMH

As for Bron sleeping so much, it may be one of the things that keep him up to par to play as many minutes as he does. He takes care of his body Kobe style. Also says he's not out and about. His only focus is on basketball.

I was right there with you. I've never seen a team lose a DOMINANT lead as fast as this Lakers team in my life. It's ridiculous. Thankfully they can rest until Wednesday.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

So I was at this game in person which means I can pay attention to the things you don’t see on TV:

1. Vogel really has to help himself with the rotations. -7 in the first quarter is because of those clunky lineups.

2. The 3rd quarter was pretty impressive. Yes, it’s Orlando but the Lakers played their most dominating quarter specifically on defense. The Magic didn’t even have many good looks.

3. Jordan was good in spurts. Vogel can steal a couple of minutes against the bigger slower footed teams while Day to Davis is out. He’s good for like a 2-3 minute shift and then he loses concentration.

4. In the first half, Lebron looked at Russ on a missed defensive switch like wtf man, come on. Don’t know if it was evident on TV.

In summary, the first half was frustrating and same old, same old. I was ready not to go to the next games I have planned, but then the 3rd quarter was brilliant and reeled me back in. So I will be back Lakers, saved for today

Honestly, the 4th quarter let down wasn’t as bad as other games but it’s because we have done it so often, it’s magnified. The problem is lazy dudes who aren’t playing defense. The opponent knows that these guys are going to be lazy so they don’t give up. Once Vogel took out the likes of Melo, Monk and sat Russ for a bit, the back end of the 4th stabilized. Really need more than just a few guys like AB and Reaves battling on defense.

If you aren’t going to play defense, Vogel can’t play them. It’s not casual pick up. If some of the Lakers think that, there are plenty of dudes looking for that garbage time PT to get back into Vogel’s rotation and get more minutes.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Here we thought Westbrook was the reason the Lakers keep losing, then AD goes out and we win two straight...!

Trade Ad...relax I'm JOKING...
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

I really want this team to go on a significant winning streak right now.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Here we thought Westbrook was the reason the Lakers keep losing, then AD goes out and we win two straight...!

Trade Ad...relax I'm JOKING...

I know you're joking, and obviously we aren't going to trade AD. But there is some validity to the observation that we win without AD. I think it has to do with AD's low energy and overall laziness. When he is playing, ideally we want to run the offense through him. But that doesn't work if his is gonna just float around the perimeter (settling for jumpers), or let smaller guys push him off the block when he does get in the post. Hopefully AD sees what's happening and comes back with the mindset that he is going to be dominant. However, since he's never consistently shown that, I'm not real hopeful.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16
Jump to: