Anyone else tired of the smugness?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: Anyone else tired of the smugness?

-Lebron doing his ‘big balls’ celebration after hitting a game clinching shot against the Pacers who are 10-16

-That stupid thru the legs pass Lebron does to Westbrook when the Lakers win a jump ball to start the game

-Russ smiling and laughing as we’re down by 8 to the Clippers

-Monk’s primal screams after a dunk against the Kings when the Kings offense collapses due to their youth and inexperience

Wake me up when the Lakers go on a 5 game winning streak because for the time being I’m done with all the antics, turnstile defense and grinding out games against teams that are purposely tanking.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I agree all the sideline antics are good for winning teams otherwise as Horry said in a post game show recently purely show while most teams don't even fear the team. Most Bron teams have been this way though.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I just want to see wins. I don’t care about the other stuff.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

The through the legs quarterback style pass is the worst. What if the ball goes out of bounds?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
The through the legs quarterback style pass is the worst. What if the ball goes out of bounds?

Hahahahah this would be hilarious if it happened. I could see Skip and Shannon doing a segment on it.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, i'm usually the one that isn't bothered much by any celebrating or boasting in any sport but this team just looks stupid asf sometimes considering they were heavy contenders to start the season and had a cake schedule to open it.

If i'm Bron, Russ or AD i'm telling the team behind closed doors we gotta stop this bs and end celebrating, complaining or exaggerating contact on 85% of the plays until we actually hit a 5-10 game win streak like AD was mouthing off about a few games ago. At this point it's like the team down by 30 that makes a great play and celebrates.. Just looks sad and kind of pathetic imo.

I hate to say it but this years team is far and away the toughest team for me to follow in a really long time and it has almost nothing to do with there record. Just how they handle themselves on the court and continue to feel like they are the best while fighting for a low seed currently. I really didn't expect it to be nearly this bad. I still think they can do some damage potentially but they are tough to watch for such a talented roster.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

wins first, antic later.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else tired of the smugness?

george w kush wrote:
-Lebron doing his ‘big balls’ celebration after hitting a game clinching shot against the Pacers who are 10-16

-That stupid thru the legs pass Lebron does to Westbrook when the Lakers win a jump ball to start the game

-Monk’s primal screams after a dunk against the Kings when the Kings offense collapses due to their youth and inexperience

Wake me up when the Lakers go on a 5 game winning streak because for the time being I’m done with all the antics, turnstile defense and grinding out games against teams that are purposely tanking.

eyes closed to shoot a free throw, then proceeds to brick it.. that takes the cake of SMH moments for this team.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else tired of the smugness?

Drifts wrote:
george w kush wrote:

eyes closed to shoot a free throw, then proceeds to brick it.. that takes the cake of SMH moments for this team.

Who did that? Why?!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I prefer players like Alex Caruso over the spoiled celebrity athletes.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else tired of the smugness?

CandyCanes wrote:
Drifts wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Who did that? Why?!

Lebron, apparently.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else tired of the smugness?

Drifts wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Drifts wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Who did that? Why?!

Lebron, apparently.

Which game? Why on earth would he do that?

george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else tired of the smugness?

CandyCanes wrote:
Drifts wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Drifts wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Who did that? Why?!

Lebron, apparently.

I just found it:

BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Or how about flexing after getting the foul call and then bricking the freethrow....

Yeah the antics of this "veteran team" is getting quite annoying and of course all the dumbassery has to be in a Lakers uniform.

We don't have that dog on the team to tell everybody to stop being stupid and win the game. I think Kieff was that guy the last two seasons. We need a guy that will get in Bron/AD/Russ face when they're doing stupid crap. Like a Rasheed Wallace/Udonis Haslem/Charles Oakley type of mentality.

The coasting mentality of this team is just exhausting...
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I really don't understand why this team acts and feels so cool and confident when they're 12-12 and have had only one easy win so far this season.

They seem to have that "too cool for school" mindset even more than some of the Shaq-led teams.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

It reminds me of when D'Angelo Russell was jumping around and acting like a fool and Kobe was just serious.

Or when Kobe was on Jimmy Kimmel and he showed Kobe a clip of Nick Young, Jeremy Linn, Carlos Boozer, and Jordan Hill celebrating winning after losing 8 straight, and their record is terrible.

I miss the all business, laser focused, wanna win at all cost type of demeanor. I'm all for a little celebratory gesture when your team is playing good, you're on fire, defensive stop, rallying the troops, but there is nothing right now for this team to be celebrating. I understand basketball is supposed to be fun, they have a job playing the game that they love, but it is also a competitive sport, and right now we are losing the competition. We are a .500 team.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Eh, yup…..Act like you been there before….. Should be ashamed not Shaqtin a fool on the court.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:39 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Or when Kobe was on Jimmy Kimmel and he showed Kobe a clip of Nick Young, Jeremy Linn, Carlos Boozer, and Jordan Hill celebrating winning after losing 8 straight, and their record is terrible.

I think that selfie even made the FO ill. A disgusting moment and, iirc, the W was against the Sixers who were practicing tank tactics that would've impressed Rommel..
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

Between Kareem and Horry you have a couple of really great players not liking lebrons dance. Not surprised to see a thread like this on here from fans, but as guys in that community they really should both just STFU.

Kobe’s death affected me. Like I never met the guy, he never talked to me, but what he represented in my life was pretty special. His work ethic, his approach to life, maybe it was all an elaborate show, but in my youth, those things really inspired me. I can only imagine what it felt like for lebron who felt those exact same things but had the benefit of spending months with Kobe in Beijing and seeing how that work ethic resonated with people around the world. Life is short, let alone a basketball career, and if he wants to pretend parts of his body are swinging because he is happy, well I’m happy for him.

But that’s not all that happened. I didn’t really get to reflect on Kobe’s death really because the entirety of humanity rolled into a crisis situation. Everybody was scrambling to just make things work. Some industries still are. Lebron marched out there and made it work, won that pandemic title (btw, that askerik is a badge of honor) and even played through being injured and because of the insane schedule the nba laid out where they rolled right into next season with very little break. We all remember that period when lebron came out and started talking about “never being the same player” again.

Anyway, I don’t really care if you label me a lebron apologist or whatever. I just think that is the context of the life that I think Lebron is living. I know horry has a tv career and Kareem is promoting a podcast, but sheesh, just let lebron enjoy the twilight of his career however he wants to, to be able to feel good about walking away from the game. The man has earned it.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject:

When I watch this team play, I see a fundamentally mediocre basketball team, not a "coasting" team. If Ariza and Nunn help in some large way, cool.

If the team is bad, they might as well have fun. Kareem didn't say (bleep) when Kobe did the same dance.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

I know this isn't a popular opinion here in LG land, but it needs to be said...Lebron James is a horrible influence on this Lakers team. From his lazy-ass "coasting" effort to his "Godfather-like" control over the franchise to acting like a juvenile buffoon on the court, I am 100% sick of seeing his stupid face. I appreciate him bringing a Championship to LA, but he's worn out his welcome, especially in light of the professional personalities of some of our passed champions, like Kobe, Kareem and Magic. Even Shaq, who was a goofball, wasn't as much an offensive, arrogant A-hole as Lebron. I know Lebron is a Laker and I have to support him because of that, but I'm over Lebron James, and I wouldn't mind at all if he and "Bronny" took their circus act somewhere else.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else tired of the smugness?

CandyCanes wrote:
Drifts wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Drifts wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Who did that? Why?!

Lebron, apparently.

Because Michael Jordan did it once, and the clip of MJ doing it was going viral on social media the previous week. He wanted to copy the meme.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I know this isn't a popular opinion here in LG land, but it needs to be said...Lebron James is a horrible influence on this Lakers team. From his lazy-ass "coasting" effort to his "Godfather-like" control over the franchise to acting like a juvenile buffoon on the court, I am 100% sick of seeing his stupid face. I appreciate him bringing a Championship to LA, but he's worn out his welcome, especially in light of the professional personalities of some of our passed champions, like Kobe, Kareem and Magic. Even Shaq, who was a goofball, wasn't as much an offensive, arrogant A-hole as Lebron. I know Lebron is a Laker and I have to support him because of that, but I'm over Lebron James, and I wouldn't mind at all if he and "Bronny" took their circus act somewhere else.

When has a teammate said anything bad about Lebron?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
troy wrote:

When has a teammate said anything bad about Lebron?

Ex teammates? NBA players are not like middle school kids, so no one is gonna publically say bad stuff about another player. But we do know that quite a few current stars wouldn't come to the Lakers presumably because of Lebron's presence, and quite a few recent Lakers have been oddly shipped away, again presumably because of Lebron.

Beyond that, I don't need Lebron teammates, or the verification of NBA players to see what I see, and neither do Laker legends like Kareem. But I am biased. Honestly, I've never liked Lebron James, not since he was an entitled rookie, to his "take my talents to south beach" media sh*tshow, to his big balls moment in front of millions of children that admire him. Grateful to him, yes, for bringing me a title. At awe at him, yes, for his godlike physique and talent. Respectful of him, yes, for his social commentary on civil rights.

But I just don't like the guy.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Between Kareem and Horry you have a couple of really great players not liking lebrons dance. Not surprised to see a thread like this on here from fans, but as guys in that community they really should both just STFU.

Horry and Kareem are both sports commentators. It is literally their job to give their opinion about things like this.

Beyond that, Horry and Kareem are right. The current Lakers are shockingly unprofessional and an embarrassment.

I have no problem with them saying the truth.

Last edited by activeverb on Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: