*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New York Knickerbockers (11/23/21 @ 4:30 pm PT) Gm19 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Tomorrow is back-to-back day. Should we just rest AD and Lebron and wave the white or purple and gold flag? Rest AD if he's sick. He's beast when healthy. He's big and strong and talented but boy, does he get sick or injured so often.

Maybe with AD. If LBJ good I'd play him.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
Anthony Davis got out rebounded by freaking Avery Bradley. BY AVERY BRADLEY.

This man is softer than charmin. And people said he would be our center hahahaha.

He was playing through "flu-like symptoms"; if he was suffering from what I know about a flu-like symptom, it's not fun at all doing anything physically exertive...nevermind playing a pro basketball game.

You don’t need to explain to the Laker fans that Davis was trying his best to play through awful weather condition, everyone knew there was a chance he wasn’t going to play.

Huh?

Seriously IG, I so not get you at all.

He probably meant AD is under the weather. Voice dictation does folks wrong.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:

This man is softer than charmin. And people said he would be our center hahahaha.

He was playing through "flu-like symptoms"; if he was suffering from what I know about a flu-like symptom, it's not fun at all doing anything physically exertive...nevermind playing a pro basketball game.

You don’t need to explain to the Laker fans that Davis was trying his best to play through awful weather condition, everyone knew there was a chance he wasn’t going to play.

Huh?

It's not that TD - I interpreted his post as a negative comment towards my content. Which is ironic, since such a post itself would be worthy of the same critique.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Tomorrow is back-to-back day. Should we just rest AD and Lebron and wave the white or purple and gold flag? Rest AD if he's sick. He's beast when healthy. He's big and strong and talented but boy, does he get sick or injured so often.

Maybe with AD. If LBJ good I'd play him.

Agreed. We need wins (many of them) in the worst way STAT. This would be a terrible time to "load manage" anyone.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:

Huh?

It's not that TD - I interpreted his post as a negative comment towards my content. Which is ironic, since such a post itself would be worthy of the same critique.

Ah werd
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:

Huh?

My post had nothing to do with your content it was more directed towards Davis being under the weather during the Knicks game, sorry if it was meant that way.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:

Huh?

My post had nothing to do with your content it was more directed towards Davis being under the weather during the Knicks game, sorry if it was meant that way.

His rebound numbers have gone down every year basically since 2016-2017 season (with one season being the outlier). Example, dude average less than 8 boards a game last season. He has zero interest to be inside and bang. He wants to to be a SF basically (not a center). He has had less than double digit boards in 5 of the last 7 games. The majority without LBJ. It’s not just last night, just like the last five seasons, his rebound numbers continue to trend down. And I expect this season he will once again be well below double digits by the time the season ends.

Stop making excuses for this man and acknowledge what he actually is. A very talented player with freakish gifts for his size but is starting show significant decline in very important parts of his game (my only guess is he is starting to play for timid/less aggressive in hopes it will prevent injury). Only thing I can figure. It’s mental and he has no desire to be a true PF/C big and instead play a SF type role from the PF position
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject:

^He is averaging 10 boards this year after almost 25% of the season. He was also feeling ill last night.

Calm down.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:

Huh?

Ok IG. Thanks for clarifying. All good😎👍
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

The Lakers came back from a huge deficit again. They never took the lead, they did tie, I think twice. The amount of energy it takes to come from 25 down is mind boggling. They ran out of gas in the fourth.

I still believe the Lakers have a chance to make the playoffs and possibly win a ship. I said I'd wait until we were 20 games into the season before I made a judgment.

We're 10-9, 1 below 500. I'm concerned. When we floor a full healthy squad if we don't improve, I'll be worried.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The Lakers came back from a huge deficit again. They never took the lead, they did tie, I think twice. The amount of energy it takes to come from 25 down is mind boggling. They ran out of gas in the fourth.

I still believe the Lakers have a chance to make the playoffs and possibly win a ship. I said I'd wait until we were 20 games into the season before I made a judgment.

We're 10-9, 1 below 500. I'm concerned. When we floor a full healthy squad if we don't improve, I'll be worried.

We are 9-10, actually
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

With the 5th easiest schedule to date, it is worrisome.

9-10 is terrible playing mostly bad teams. If they can’t beat horrible teams consistently without Lebron then how are they going to compete with the top of the league or even just average NBA teams.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
jodeke wrote:

We are 9-10, actually

I stand corrected. Got it backassward.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Can Russ be this aggressive with LBJ in?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28
Jump to: