8 - 9
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: 8 - 9

Someone brought up a thread here that the 2011 Heat team started 9-8 before going to the Finals and losing.

This Lakers team is the opposite, 8-9.

Has any championship team started this bad before winning the championship? Not only going to the NBA Finals but actually winning the whole thing?

Or...

Time for the Lakers to make history right? NBA champs with the worst start in NBA history! Who’s with me? Anyone? Hello?

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

That heat team had peak prime Lebron James. We don’t have that guy on this team.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

We ain’t making the playoffs

We have had the third easiest schedule so far and absolutely suck.

Westbrook has been a disaster.

Vogel has lost the team.

In 13 month’s we’ve gone from
Championship team to lottery.

Unbelievable.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Before this thread is closed...

This squad looks like hot garbage right now. Just calling it like I see it. Right now they look more likely to enter the lotto than even make the playoffs.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Seriously, this team is stupid. If you don’t have to players to play agreesive defense, adjust and go to zone more. At least they can save some energy
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
That heat team had peak prime Lebron James. We don’t have that guy on this team.

People just don’t realize how much Lebron has lost from his peak. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still good but no longer the athletic phenom that bent teams over on a nightly basis.

We are a flawed roster and 37 year Lebron isn’t able to fill in the gaps like he could so effortlessly 10 years ago
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Heat had 3 HOFers in their prime, which makes Dirk's run in 2011 even more unreal.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

This team is terrible. If they’re lucky they’ll make the playoffs as a play in team and get swept round 1. They also have no cap space or draft picks.

But this was all very predictable.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Seriously, this team is stupid. If you don’t have to players to play agreesive defense, adjust and go to zone more. At least they can save some energy

Well...Vog is infamous for calling the zone a junk defense and generally gives disfavorable commentary on it...
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Well...Vog is infamous for calling the zone a junk defense and generally gives disfavorable commentary on it...

And yet he was forced to use it because of how easily the Celtics were scoring in the paint and the team was getting outworked.

And it still didn’t work. 130 pts for a team that has been struggling to break 100. Sad!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Gonna take a the next few games off until after thanksgiving.

This is not good for my mental healthy haha.
Happy thanksgiving laker fam!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

And yet he was forced to use it because of how easily the Celtics were scoring in the paint and the team was getting outworked.

And it still didn’t work. 130 pts for a team that has been struggling to break 100. Sad!

How about we just play the amoeba D and Vog munch on towels?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

The title of the thread should be:

“How to go from winner to loser in 2 seasons, by Rob Pelinka.”

The Lakers are 8-9 but it’s the way they’re losing. They’re one of the worst defenses out there. Offense could get better, but that won’t fix the problem.

They’re running out of excuses. I personally don’t expect Reaves, Nunn, or Ariza to make significant differences overall.

I agree with AD’s 13 game assessment. I don’t need to wait 30 or 40 games to see how bad this team is.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

It feels like any scoring drought of 3 minutes or more will end the game for us at this point.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

If Crappy second half starts is gonna be the reoccurring theme throughout the season forget everything.

No Heart! 🤬🤬🤬
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

We are in the unofficial preseason of the NBA (pre Christmas). Frank is getting a better idea on who to play and who to sit. Ill be more critical between the Christmas and the All Star Break when we should be solidifying style and pace.
This team needs to be clicking post ASB like we did in 2020 before the shutdown. We make a late season run to get into the playoffs and then crush to a championship.
Thats my view through these purple and gold colored glasses.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: 8 - 9

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Someone brought up a thread here that the 2011 Heat team started 9-8 before going to the Finals and losing.

This Lakers team is the opposite, 8-9.

Has any championship team started this bad before winning the championship? Not only going to the NBA Finals but actually winning the whole thing?

Or...

Time for the Lakers to make history right? NBA champs with the worst start in NBA history! Who’s with me? Anyone? Hello?

1995 Rockets started hot but started to suck even losing to the Lakers I believe all 5 times they played and continued to suck even worse after the Thorpe for Drexler trade. Vernon Maxwell leaves the team....nobody expected anything of the Rockets.....and they go on to upset the Jazz, Suns, Spurs and the Magic. So yes its possible. Likely....probably not
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

We are so much like the Manchester United at the moment, lol
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

There's a HUGE difference between a team full of talent who just needed to get going and a team with mediocre players. The Heat is the former and the Lakers is the latter. You think Westbrook could channel his inner Curry? You think Melo is hiding his Holiday like defense? Dream on.

At this point, I think this is where we're at, a middle of the road team barely making/missing the playoffs handing the Pels a high draft pick.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

I started thinking about this thread yesterday. And perhaps a comparison to the 2012 Heat doesn’t work for reasons other posters mentioned.

I think a comparison that might work is to the Tampa Bay Bucs and Tom Brady and the 2012 Lakers with Dwight.

Yes one is a different sport and the 2012 Lakers ended on disaster. Tom Brady and LBJ are both defying age by using their knowledge of the game.

And the 2012 Lakers actually ended the season 25 and 12 I believe one of the best in the 2nd half thus vastly Improved. If it wasnt for Kobe’s injury hard to say how far they would have gone. Luck plays a role in these scenarios.

I do see this as possible for this Lakers if Healthy. As in we may see continued subpar performance until after the all star break even. Than they could get hot and if things go right, maybe even a championship.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
There's a HUGE difference between a team full of talent who just needed to get going and a team with mediocre players. The Heat is the former and the Lakers is the latter. You think Westbrook could channel his inner Curry? You think Melo is hiding his Holiday like defense? Dream on.

At this point, I think this is where we're at, a middle of the road team barely making/missing the playoffs handing the Pels a high draft pick.

This is the team we have, maybe Nunn might help but Ariza is doubtful. We have big name players and sell lots of tickets so management is probably happy.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject:

This was always the likelier outcome from their roster moves over the summer. We were counting against league trends where they surround their aging vets with much younger players. We were hoping to buck the trend but unfortunately, its not working and our team isn't gelling either. So we are sub .500 while they try their best to play good enough basketball to make the playoffs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
I started thinking about this thread yesterday. And perhaps a comparison to the 2012 Heat doesn’t work for reasons other posters mentioned.

I think a comparison that might work is to the Tampa Bay Bucs and Tom Brady and the 2012 Lakers with Dwight.

Yes one is a different sport and the 2012 Lakers ended on disaster. Tom Brady and LBJ are both defying age by using their knowledge of the game.

And the 2012 Lakers actually ended the season 25 and 12 I believe one of the best in the 2nd half thus vastly Improved. If it wasnt for Kobe’s injury hard to say how far they would have gone. Luck plays a role in these scenarios.

I do see this as possible for this Lakers if Healthy. As in we may see continued subpar performance until after the all star break even. Than they could get hot and if things go right, maybe even a championship.

If only Lebron had Kobe’s heart.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

Not surprising.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

8-9 with a ridiculously generous schedule.

Imagine if they had the Bulls early schedule. They would be 4-13 or worse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: