Have you gone back to indoor dining or the gym?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you gone back to indoor dining and the gym?
Yes to both
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Just indoor dining, no gym
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
Just gym, no indoor dining
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No to both
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 24

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject:

Powerblocks, Bowflex, Ironmaster, or whatever else you might get all sell their own stands if you prefer to use one. They aren’t cheap though so that depends on how much you’re willing to spend. Depends on what exercises you might do too. Personally I do find a stand to be very nice to have.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:51 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
We do indoor dining but if the restaurant has patio seating then that is where we sit.

As for the gym, during the pandemic I bought a weight set so I don't need to go to the gym now. For cardio I just go jogging outside.

Do you have a link to the set you bought? Just as good as going to the gym?

I would have gone to the gym if I didn’t have stuff at home. But if you have enough stuff at home, then a home gym is much better. A barbell, rack, dumbbells and bench will do A LOT. You can order a ton of stuff online these days too. I also really like resistance bands and after I got them discovered they are much more useful than I realized. There are a ton of exercises you can do with them and they are easy on the joints.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:59 am    Post subject:

I have the dual selectech dumbbells by bowflex. They are amazing. The only drawback is that they're long so some exercises where you would bring the dumbbells in tight side-by-side are impossible.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:04 am    Post subject:

Judging by the small sample size, I'm either a fool, a thrill-seeker or both.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject:

dp

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM

Last edited by C M B on Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

Never stopped doing either with the exception of the couple weeks that those things were closed in Florida at the beginning of the pandemic. I have had some of my best gains in the gym over the last year.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Home gym. Indoor eating is highly situational - meaning how isolated we can get, what outdoor options there are, is takeout an option.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Home gym. Indoor eating is highly situational - meaning how isolated we can get, what outdoor options there are, is takeout an option.

Exactly. If one is vaccinated and makes wise decisions about which establishments one visits, dining in shouldn't be a problem. I certainly wouldn't go to a small bar where people are packed in and mixing about. But sitting down at reasonably spaced table space is relatively low risk.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

yes I been back to indoor dining basically since they started allowing it again. I dont go to packed places and still use a mask when Im not eating even though Im increasingly fewer people are doing that. Im vaxed and ever tested positive.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject:

I've been wondering for a while if swimming laps (either at an indoor or outdoor pool) is safe if you're fully vaxxed against COVID.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I've been wondering for a while if swimming laps (either at an indoor or outdoor pool) is safe if you're fully vaxxed against COVID.

Can't give scientific answer, but I would have to assume it is in that you are vaccinated and swimming laps is a fairly isolated activity.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

Not seeing much evidence that the virus survives in any real quantity in pool water. The danger in restaurants is proximity and duration. Sitting far enough apart and wearing masks when not at the table drops the first, but if you sit in a room with people for over an hour, you’re breathing in a fair amount of their aerosolized droplets. If you’re vaccinated and they are, that’s probably ok, unless either of you are maskless around unvaccinated or vulnerable people afterward. I avoid it because even though I’m vaccinated and everyone else has to be here in my state, I work around some vulnerable people and even with masks on I’m still trying to be extra careful for them. That’s probably not a concern for everyone.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Not seeing much evidence that the virus survives in any real quantity in pool water. The danger in restaurants is proximity and duration. Sitting far enough apart and wearing masks when not at the table drops the first, but if you sit in a room with people for over an hour, you’re breathing in a fair amount of their aerosolized droplets. If you’re vaccinated and they are, that’s probably ok, unless either of you are maskless around unvaccinated or vulnerable people afterward. I avoid it because even though I’m vaccinated and everyone else has to be here in my state, I work around some vulnerable people and even with masks on I’m still trying to be extra careful for them. That’s probably not a concern for everyone.

How about outdoor dining? Is that safe?

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

The aerosolized chlorine from the pool would kill any of the virus that managed to make it into your airways, so I would imagine pools are some of the safest places, actually. I wonder why nobody got the idea to open more swim up bars/restaurants during the pandemic. Pretty much would have solved the problem.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Properly spread out seems to be fine. Outdoor air gets rid of aerosol quickly, so you really have to be within literal spitting distance to be in danger.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Properly spread out seems to be fine. Outdoor air gets rid of aerosol quickly, so you really have to be within literal spitting distance to be in danger.

And with the vaccine requirement, the odds of there even being an infected person is not that high.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Can’t believe gyms and indoor dining are even open right now. No mask requirement for gyms in the Bay Area, at least until recently.

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I am still going to gym, masked.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:08 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

Exactly. If one is vaccinated and makes wise decisions about which establishments one visits, dining in shouldn't be a problem. I certainly wouldn't go to a small bar where people are packed in and mixing about. But sitting down at reasonably spaced table space is relatively low risk.

Not dining in at all now with omicron. It's crazy how transmissible it is. This is the surge that finally got several of my friends who were pretty careful.

I'm pretty resigned to getting it eventually, but I'm trying to put it off as long as possible since I work-from-home and don't need to go to crowded or indoor places much beyond groceries.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: