Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 317, 318, 319 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Howard Cole
@Howard_Cole

Tony Gonsolin started and went two innings at OKC tonight, allowing a hit, with no walks and two strikeouts on 27 pitches, 17 of them strikes. Maybe 40 pitches Sun or Mon, than a sim game the following weekend, and if all goes well, 50 to 60 pitches in the NLDS. #Dodgers

6:57 PM · Sep 27, 2022

Guess pitching in the reg season is out.

Looks like Treinen, Gonsolin, and May are going to enter the playoffs cold (if they do).

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject:

Silver lining to losing last night:

Quote:
Craig Kimbrel falters again in Dodgers' loss to Padres, jeopardizing his playoff role

Up next came Alfaro, a burly right-handed hitter with only 10 walks this season and none over 63 plate appearances since mid-July.

"I mean, it's not a secret,” Alfaro told reporters postgame. “I don't walk that much.”

Still, Kimbrel couldn’t find the zone. Four times, Kimbrel tried to land a fastball over the outer edge of the zone. Four times, he missed wide again, the last coming in a 3-and-2 count that Alfaro took before trotting up the baseline.

“I just looked at the dugout,” Alfaro said. “I'm like, Oh, s--t, I walked!"

Kimbrel’s reaction couldn’t have been any different.

He shouted in anger. Looked down as he vacated the mound. Then tried to grasp on to whatever confidence he had left postgame.

“I think so,” he said when asked if he could still contribute to the Dodgers in the playoffs. “I think I’ve got some good pitching to do in the next couple days to prove that. I think, actually, I know I can. I don’t think I can. I know I can. Just gotta do it.”

Roberts’ take?

“Like I said, every day is a test,” the manager responded when posed a similar question. “He has to go out there. I’ll keep getting him out there when it makes sense and we’ll make decisions as we get down the line.”

https://news.yahoo.com/craig-kimbrel-falters-again-dodgers-070820793.html
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject:

Anyone understand the balk rule? That's one rule I have no idea about.

Anyways, in the Mets-Marlins game yesterday, a pitcher was called for 3 consecutive balks. Ever seen that? Interesting thing is, this pitcher has never balked before in his mlb career.

Here's the video:

Quote:
Miami Marlins' Richard Bleier only pitcher since 1900 with 3 balks in same at-bat, gets tossed vs. Mets

Miami Marlins lefty Richard Bleier had himself an inning to forget Tuesday night against the Mets in New York, making major league history as the only player since 1900 to balk three times in the same at-bat, according to Elias Sports Bureau.

Bleier, who opened the eighth inning in relief with the Marlins up 6-3, quickly retired his first two batters before allowing Jeff McNeil to reach on an infield single. With Pete Alonso at the plate, Bleier was called for a balk three times, allowing McNeil to come around to score.

"Words cannot describe what happened in that inning on my end," said Bleier, a seven-year veteran who hadn't been called for a balk in his first 303 big league appearances. "I don't know. It was wild."

Bleier grew increasingly agitated with each balk call. Following the run-scoring balk, Marlins manager Don Mattingly sprang out of the dugout and was ejected following a heated argument with the entire umpiring crew.

"I know I'm gone the minute I walk out of the dugout," Mattingly said. "It's just ridiculous. I guess you see something new every day in this game, and that was new for sure."

After retiring Alonso on a groundout, Bleier began arguing with plate umpire Ryan Blakney. First baseman Lewin Diaz tried steering Bleier to the dugout, but Bleier continued arguing and was ejected.

The Marlins went on to win 6-4.

"It's the same move I've been doing for 300 innings, and here we are," Bleier said. "Maybe I was balking. I watched the video. I completely disagreed, but I'm biased, so I don't know."

According to ESPN Stats & Information, only six other pitchers in major league history have balked three times in the same inning. Bleier was the first to do it since Jim Gott for the Pittsburgh Pirates against the Mets on Aug. 6, 1988.

This ump is right up there with that ump that felt up Bumgarner.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
If there was any doubt about Kimbrel making the postseason roster, I think that was a death blow for him. So maybe a blessing in disguise for us. I'm expecting right-handers Kahnle, Phillips, Martin, Graterol, and Almonte in there, along with May if he's healthy. Treinen would have a spot if he can get healthy but I think that's unlikely. If we assume that 5 "starters" will make the roster (Urias, Kershaw, Anderson, Gonsolin, and Heaney), that leaves, what 8 relievers, right? I just mentioned 6 righties that I think will get spots. Vesia is a lock. I assume Ferguson is close to a lock, which would leave Price out, but maybe Doc would incorrectly opt for the veteran Price. I think that would be a mistake. Of course, if the Dodgers just don't trust May and think that the 5 righties are enough from that side, perhaps they'll opt for Price over May.

The guy has taken 7 losses on a team that is going to win 110+ games. I don't see any way you can put him in a high leverage situation in the playoffs after witnessing him implode time after time this season.

Just cut him and be done with it.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

Was busy yesterday, so I watched the game (recorded) this morning without getting spoiled. I can't believe how many men were left on base - There were/was also just a lot of BABIP/DPs and crap luck last night.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Was busy yesterday, so I watched the game (recorded) this morning without getting spoiled. I can't believe how many men were left on base - There were/was also just a lot of BABIP/DPs and crap luck last night.

It was definitely an interesting game. It looked like both teams were in tank mode and wanted to lose. LOL
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Anyone understand the balk rule? That's one rule I have no idea about.

Anyways, in the Mets-Marlins game yesterday, a pitcher was called for 3 consecutive balks. Ever seen that? Interesting thing is, this pitcher has never balked before in his mlb career.

Here's the video:

Quote:
Miami Marlins' Richard Bleier only pitcher since 1900 with 3 balks in same at-bat, gets tossed vs. Mets

Miami Marlins lefty Richard Bleier had himself an inning to forget Tuesday night against the Mets in New York, making major league history as the only player since 1900 to balk three times in the same at-bat, according to Elias Sports Bureau.

Bleier, who opened the eighth inning in relief with the Marlins up 6-3, quickly retired his first two batters before allowing Jeff McNeil to reach on an infield single. With Pete Alonso at the plate, Bleier was called for a balk three times, allowing McNeil to come around to score.

"Words cannot describe what happened in that inning on my end," said Bleier, a seven-year veteran who hadn't been called for a balk in his first 303 big league appearances. "I don't know. It was wild."

Bleier grew increasingly agitated with each balk call. Following the run-scoring balk, Marlins manager Don Mattingly sprang out of the dugout and was ejected following a heated argument with the entire umpiring crew.

"I know I'm gone the minute I walk out of the dugout," Mattingly said. "It's just ridiculous. I guess you see something new every day in this game, and that was new for sure."

After retiring Alonso on a groundout, Bleier began arguing with plate umpire Ryan Blakney. First baseman Lewin Diaz tried steering Bleier to the dugout, but Bleier continued arguing and was ejected.

The Marlins went on to win 6-4.

"It's the same move I've been doing for 300 innings, and here we are," Bleier said. "Maybe I was balking. I watched the video. I completely disagreed, but I'm biased, so I don't know."

According to ESPN Stats & Information, only six other pitchers in major league history have balked three times in the same inning. Bleier was the first to do it since Jim Gott for the Pittsburgh Pirates against the Mets on Aug. 6, 1988.

This ump is right up there with that ump that felt up Bumgarner.

That was just weird. That ump is crazy. I don't see the balk. If I had to agree with someone then it would be with the conspiracy theorists who believe that mlb wants the mets to win the division.

Here's another view of the balk from mlb network.

According to these guys, they can see that it can be a balk. But Bleier has been doing this all year and he has never been called on it.

I always wondered why Bickford and some other pitchers do the little shaking of the leg before pitching and now I understand after seeing this video. LOL (4:50 mark on the video)
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Most important game of the year for the Mets and they're down 2-0 in the 7th vs a lefty: Jesus Luzardo.

MIA: 4
METS: 0

ATL: 1
WAS: 2

Yeah, last game until Mets vs. Atl for a pivotal 3 game series. Exciting stuff.
Also, I wonder if they move the series due to the hurricane. It's supposed to pass Florida and head over to Georgia afterwards.

Quote:
MLB discusses plans for New York Mets-Atlanta Braves series with Hurricane Ian looming

With the pivotal three-game series slated to start Friday at Truist Park, the National League East rivals and MLB have discussed several options, according to multiple reports, including a split doubleheader on Sunday.

The teams have a mutual day off Thursday, but MLB is not considering starting the series a day early, according to MLB.com. Relocating the games to a neutral site also was not a serious consideration as of Wednesday morning, according to MLB.com.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject:

let’s go Willl
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject:

no contact Will …. darn
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject:

good eye Muncy
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Gallo wiffed … at least Musgrove’s arm is weary
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:

Sounds like the same story from yesterday...
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

That TT chase was pathetic for a top hitter
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

That TT chase was pathetic for a top hitter

Playoff form
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Cmon Urias can’t you get sharp earlier
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject:

is Musgrove done for the night?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Obviously Joe is not pitching to Mookie… TT is batting next and first base open are the reasons
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Obviously Joe is not pitching to Mookie… TT is batting next and first base is open is the reason…

Damn, LaRussa would disagree with this move..
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

TT just can’t deliver
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Musgrove 2ip, 54 pitches. Sounds like a carbon copy of yesterday's game.

When will we start making errors today?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:35 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Musgrove 2ip, 54 pitches. Sounds like a carbon copy of yesterday's game.

When will we start making errors today?

2 stellar plays in that inning
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Most important game of the year for the Mets and they're down 2-0 in the 7th vs a lefty: Jesus Luzardo.

MIA: 4
METS: 0

ATL: 1
WAS: 2

Yeah, last game until Mets vs. Atl for a pivotal 3 game series. Exciting stuff.
Also, I wonder if they move the series due to the hurricane. It's supposed to pass Florida and head over to Georgia afterwards.

What a turn of events, wow. Mets won, Braves lost. Mets up by 1 game.

Basically Braves have to sweep the Mets now to win the division.

If Braves win the series 2-1, the teams will be tied. However, Mets will earn the tiebreaker between the 2.

Mets play the Nationals to end the season while the Braves play the Marlins.

The Braves losing means they'll move into our bracket and likely facing SD.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject:

The bottom of our lineup just doesn’t produce
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Take Will out NOW please. I don’t care if it’s a little booboo. No risk.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 317, 318, 319 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 318 of 434
Jump to: