Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 26986
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject:

He makes it interesting virtually every outing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 12748

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject:

That actually would have gotten the job done with a 1 run lead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 1465

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:02 pm    Post subject:

If not for Hudson going down, we coulda already DFA'd Cardiac Kimbrel.

Postseason Starters:
Gonsolin
Kershaw
Urias
May


Postseason Pen:

Ferguson (LHP)
Graterol (RHP)
Price (LHP)
Anderson (LHP)
Almonte (RHP)
Heaney (LHP)
Buehler (RHP)
Treinen (Set-up)
Phillips (Closer)


Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 26986
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
If not for Hudson going down, we coulda already DFA'd Cardiac Kimbrel.

Postseason Pen:

Ferguson (LHP)
Graterol (RHP)
Vesia (LHP)
Almonte (RHP)
Heaney (LHP)
Buehler (RHP)
Treinen (Set-up)
Philips (Closer)


I would add May in there, although the Dodgers could see him as the 4th starter over Anderson, I suppose, if he's back and looking dominant. In that case, Anderson goes back to the pen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 1465

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
If not for Hudson going down, we coulda already DFA'd Cardiac Kimbrel.

Postseason Pen:

Ferguson (LHP)
Graterol (RHP)
Vesia (LHP)
Almonte (RHP)
Heaney (LHP)
Buehler (RHP)
Treinen (Set-up)
Phillips (Closer)


I would add May in there, although the Dodgers could see him as the 4th starter over Anderson, I suppose, if he's back and looking dominant. In that case, Anderson goes back to the pen.


Just edited my prediction/hopes, I pulled Vesia but maybe Anderson/Heaney/Price is too redundant, may need a lefty specialist (Gonzales?) to battle Soto if facing SD.

I feel our starters in the DS could look something like...

Gonsolin
Kershaw
Urias
May
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 11474

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
If not for Hudson going down, we coulda already DFA'd Cardiac Kimbrel.

Postseason Pen:

Ferguson (LHP)
Graterol (RHP)
Vesia (LHP)
Almonte (RHP)
Heaney (LHP)
Buehler (RHP)
Treinen (Set-up)
Phillips (Closer)


I would add May in there, although the Dodgers could see him as the 4th starter over Anderson, I suppose, if he's back and looking dominant. In that case, Anderson goes back to the pen.


Just edited my prediction/hopes, I pulled Vesia but maybe Anderson/Heaney/Price is too redundant, may need a lefty specialist (Gonzales?) to battle Soto if facing SD.

I feel our starters in the DS could look something like...

Gonsolin
Kershaw
Urias
May


I've been trying to look it up, I don't see any restrictions on pitchers in the postseason roster. So we can have over 13 as far as I know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 1465

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
If not for Hudson going down, we coulda already DFA'd Cardiac Kimbrel.

Postseason Pen:

Ferguson (LHP)
Graterol (RHP)
Anderson (LHP)
Almonte (RHP)
Heaney (LHP)
Buehler (RHP)
Treinen (Set-up)
Phillips (Closer)


I would add May in there, although the Dodgers could see him as the 4th starter over Anderson, I suppose, if he's back and looking dominant. In that case, Anderson goes back to the pen.


Just edited my prediction/hopes, I pulled Vesia but maybe Anderson/Heaney/Price is too redundant, may need a lefty specialist (Gonzales?) to battle Soto if facing SD.

I feel our starters in the DS could look something like...

Gonsolin
Kershaw
Urias
May


I've been trying to look it up, I don't see any restrictions on pitchers in the postseason roster. So we can have over 13 as far as I know.


LOL you know Doc won't want waste any roster spots on the bench as pinch hitting is so passé these days with the universal DH. So 13 or possibly 14 pitchers could be selected.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 11474

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 pm    Post subject:

QFTOS:

Quote:
The last time the giants lost 7 straight to the dodgers in a season was 1980


Quote:
When was the last time they lost 8 straight?


Quote:
Tomorrow


Quote:
This team disappoints me more than I disappoint my parents


Quote:
Man, we really used up every ounce of our situational hitting last year huh


Quote:
This is some of the worst choking and the worst baseball I’ve ever seen.

J. D. Davis probably wondering why the Mets hate him enough to dump him on this (bleep) team


Quote:
3 bases loaded the last two games = 0 runs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 11347
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject:

Dodgers back with the best winning percentage in the MLB and biggest run differential...!
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 11474

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Dodgers back with the best winning percentage in the MLB and biggest run differential...!


I see Yankees at +206 and Dodgers at +205
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5116

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
QFTOS:

Quote:
The last time the giants lost 7 straight to the dodgers in a season was 1980


Quote:
When was the last time they lost 8 straight?


Quote:
Tomorrow


Quote:
This team disappoints me more than I disappoint my parents


Quote:
Man, we really used up every ounce of our situational hitting last year huh


Quote:
This is some of the worst choking and the worst baseball I’ve ever seen.

J. D. Davis probably wondering why the Mets hate him enough to dump him on this (bleep) team


Quote:
3 bases loaded the last two games = 0 runs


The JD one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 1465

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

Break out the Brooms 🧹🧹🧹🧹

Betts, RF
Turner, SS
Freeman, 1B
Smith, C
Muncy, 3B
Gallo, LF
Lux, 2B
Bellinger, CF
Outman, DH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 12748

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Gallo strikes out in his first at-bat and it’s all up to Lux to bring in the runner on 2nd. This is what the team traded for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 12748

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

And of course Lux drives in the run. Why is Gallo hitting in front of him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5116

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
And of course Lux drives in the run. Why is Gallo hitting in front of him?


Let’s give him some time. Long season.

It’s clear Dodgers prefer Lux near the bottom - has nothing to do with performance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5116

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Nice fluke HR from JD. 99 off the bat and 364 feet on a ball lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 26986
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
And of course Lux drives in the run. Why is Gallo hitting in front of him?


Let’s give him some time. Long season.

It’s clear Dodgers prefer Lux near the bottom - has nothing to do with performance.


It's clear our manager is a dolt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5116

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
And of course Lux drives in the run. Why is Gallo hitting in front of him?


Let’s give him some time. Long season.

It’s clear Dodgers prefer Lux near the bottom - has nothing to do with performance.


It's clear our manager is a dolt.


I’ve been over it for years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 2435

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Ebel was aggressive on that send there and it cost us. Gallo was out by a mile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 26986
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Oh, and Ebel is a dolt too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 21558

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw breaking down?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 12748

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject:

This is why I liked having Mitch White on the roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 11474

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
This is why I liked having Mitch White on the roster.


Me too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 11474

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Kershaw breaking down?


It's that time of year. About time his back acts up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 10953
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
And of course Lux drives in the run. Why is Gallo hitting in front of him?


Let’s give him some time. Long season.

It’s clear Dodgers prefer Lux near the bottom - has nothing to do with performance.


It's clear our manager is a dolt.


You know Kapler was almost our manager, ownership went with Dave.

What do you think of Gabe? my friends out here think he's a good person but largely a roided buffoon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 233 of 243
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB