Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Guessing years were the difference. Doubt Dodgers offered more than 8. Mookie won’t be happy.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Gotta hand it to Boras. That dude is a monster.

He got Seager, Scherzer, and Semien paid.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
I'm ok with losing Seager. Misses too many games and I think the 2020 playoff run was more an anomaly than the norm. I definitely won't miss his glove.

Losing Scherzer does put a huge dent in our starting rotation - especially if we let Kersh walk. I do think that the FO will make sure to bring in another top of the rotation pitcher. Perhaps they'll rehash the Luis Castillo/Sony Gray deal with the Reds.

I'll tell you one thing, they better retain Chris Taylor. I personally think he's more important to the team than Seager.

I’m not sure which statistic makes you think Ct3 is worth more to the Dodgers. His bat is OK..after a torrid start he cooled off. Didn’t even crack .800ops last year I believe. He’s inconsistent. Not sure why we are acting like Taylor has been a pillar of consistency. He plays a bunch of positions that’s where his value lies but so did Kike. I don’t want to overpay for a utility guy I believe Friedman can replace for pennies on the dollar. Oh and we better not pay Turner 300million. That would be an absolute travesty next year.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers had so many great players you just can't retain them all. They don't rebuild they reload. It will be interesting to see what the final product will me.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Gotta hand it to Boras. That dude is a monster.

He got Seager, Scherzer, and Semien paid.

Absolutely. Best agent in the business. Got a 30 year old Semien 7 years..got Max the highest annual salary in baseball and got Seager the pay day he was looking for.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
I'm ok with losing Seager. Misses too many games and I think the 2020 playoff run was more an anomaly than the norm. I definitely won't miss his glove.

Losing Scherzer does put a huge dent in our starting rotation - especially if we let Kersh walk. I do think that the FO will make sure to bring in another top of the rotation pitcher. Perhaps they'll rehash the Luis Castillo/Sony Gray deal with the Reds.

I'll tell you one thing, they better retain Chris Taylor. I personally think he's more important to the team than Seager.

I’m not sure which statistic makes you think Ct3 is worth more to the Dodgers. His bat is OK..after a torrid start he cooled off. Didn’t even crack .800ops last year I believe. He’s inconsistent. Not sure why we are acting like Taylor has been a pillar of consistency. He plays a bunch of positions that’s where his value lies but so did Kike. I don’t want to overpay for a utility guy I believe Friedman can replace for pennies on the dollar. Oh and we better not pay Turner 300million. That would be an absolute travesty next year.

Yeah, I'm not going to say CT3 is worth more than Seager, but I can back up the argument that he's a more mportant signing to the Dodgers for the following reasons:

1) He's a better defensive player than Seager
2) He's way more versatile than Seager
3) He's more durable than Seager
4) He's cheaper than Seager (which allows us to spread the money to other players)
5) He's a better playoff performer than Seager (career postseason OPS of .806 vs. Seager's .675)
6) He's a right handed bat (we struggle mightily vs. lefties)
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Guess 2022 will be a worse down year than many fans had anticipated. Feels like a firesale except the front office isn't trying to break apart the team.

And most likely the Dodgers will win the division in 2022
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

RF - Mookie
CF - Bellinger
LF - Pollock
1B - Freeman
2B - Muncy
SS - T. Turner
3B/DH - J.Turner
C - Smith

Dream to maintain a competitive lineup still alive (but fading fast)
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

Yeah, I'm not going to say CT3 is worth more than Seager, but I can back up the argument that he's a more mportant signing to the Dodgers for the following reasons:

4) He's cheaper than Seager (which allows us to spread the money to other players)
5) He's a better playoff performer than Seager (career postseason OPS of .806 vs. Seager's .675)

CT3 plays gold glove defense at basically every position sans catcher. The fact that he plays multiple positions allows other players to play their normal/more comfortable positions.

He's durable and comes through come playoff time.

Yeah, I'd rather have Taylor on my team than IR defensive sieve Seager.

Kiss my Converse.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject:

If you feel bad about Seager leaving, just picture the countless times he swings at sliders low and away and strikes out while on his knee, it’ll make you feel better instantly.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
If you feel bad about Seager leaving, just picture the countless times he swings at sliders low and away and strikes out while on his knee, it’ll make you feel better instantly.

Or swinging at the first pitch 75% of the time and letting the pitcher off the hook. Or letting routine grounders go by you. Or missing about 50% of the season the last 4 years.

Kiss my Converse.

Last edited by Hard_Butter on Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Guess 2022 will be a worse down year than many fans had anticipated. Feels like a firesale except the front office isn't trying to break apart the team.

And most likely the Dodgers will win the division in 2022

Yeah, Dodgers are still the World Series favorites: https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/mlb/mets-2022-world-series-odds-improve-after-acquiring-scherzer/
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Seager has been absolutely trash in the playoffs in 5/6 years he's been here. Somehow, he's just really easy to get out in the playoffs for some reason. Maybe it's better for him to be with the Rangers for the next 10 years where he won't even make the playoffs.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Seager has been absolutely trash in the playoffs in 5/6 years he's been here. Somehow, he's just really easy to get out in the playoffs for some reason. Maybe it's better for him to be with the Rangers for the next 10 years where he won't even make the playoffs.

Not going to lie, getting Freeman to come home and trading for a cost effective young stud like Castillo will make me forget about Seager and Scherzer real quick
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Trea is going to have a monster season back at his natural position. I'm OK with this if we lock him up long-term.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:

If we could trade for those two that'd be awesome. Castillo has one of the best arms in the league and he's an absolute workhorse.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Guessing years were the difference. Doubt Dodgers offered more than 8. Mookie won’t be happy.

He apparently turned down 8/250 from us.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

CT3 plays gold glove defense at basically every position sans catcher. The fact that he plays multiple positions allows other players to play their normal/more comfortable positions.

He's durable and comes through come playoff time.

Yeah, I'd rather have Taylor on my team than IR defensive sieve Seager.

I’m not going to argue with the points above, they are all true. Except Seager carried us to a World Series win. His impact is undeniable.

Also the swinging first pitch issue is comical..he’s at the top of the league when it comes to hitting pitches in the strike zone. He turned that around real quick.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Why is the Freeman deal not done? Is there something there? This should be automatic for the Braves.

Can we offer him 5/200 and get this done? Lol
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to Seager for getting paid. Since we we have to pay Trea next year, there was clearly no way it was getting done. Also, I really appreciate 2020, but the guy (like many others on the team) was a no show against the Braves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
I’m not going to argue with the points above, they are all true. Except Seager carried us to a World Series win. His impact is undeniable.

Yup, but we're not paying him for that 2020 playoff performance. We're paying him for the next 10 years to perform for us.

And judging by his 5/6 years of crapping the bed, I don't have any confidence in Seager to perform in the playoffs for the majority of the next 10 years.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Or swinging at the first pitch 75% of the time and letting the pitcher off the hook. Or letting routine grounders go by you. Or missing about 50% of the season the last 4 years.

LOL, his plate approach was pretty infuriating
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Yup, but we're not paying him for that 2020 playoff performance. We're paying him for the next 10 years to perform for us.

And judging by his 5/6 years of crapping the bed, I don't have any confidence in Seager to perform in the playoffs for the majority of the next 10 years.

Assuming he's actually playing, of course. He did not play in 44% (239/546) of possible games in the past 4 seasons. Yes, most of those were in 2018, but his propensity to get injured cannot be ignored considering this contract will take him, a shortstop, to age 37. Sorry, I don't think he's the next Omar Vizquel. Time will tell on how much longer he holds up as a SS.

I guess there's always the upside that he'd be in the AL where there will always be a DH as opposed to the "possibility" it ever becomes a permanent thing in the NL.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Congrats to Seager for getting paid. Since we we have to pay Trea next year, there was clearly no way it was getting done. Also, I really appreciate 2020, but the guy (like many others on the team) was a no show against the Braves.

We don’t have to pay Turner. I certainly hope we don’t because he wants a huge contract and he’s even older than Seager. Not to mention he relies on speed..do I want to give him an 8-10 year deal when he’s going to slow down? Heck no. I think he walks.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

Also the swinging first pitch issue is comical..he’s at the top of the league when it comes to hitting pitches in the strike zone. He turned that around real quick.

Not sure why you find that comical when he continues to do it and gets exposed in the playoffs for it wherein he gets himself into 0-2/1-2 counts seemingly every AB. This often leading to swinging and missing at junk balls in the dirt. You say he's been one of the best at hitting pitches in the strike zone. He's also been one of the best at hard hit balls. Taking those two things into account, why wouldn't you be patient and make pitchers work? The reality is that when he does, Seager is actually good at drawing walks and hitting his pitch. But the other/harsh reality is that he's hasn't changed his ambush approach since little league and he hasn't "turned that around real quick". He's had one really good playoff run in an otherwise injury-riddled-ish the-bed-in-the-playoffs-7 year Dodger career. The fact that you cite the one said playoffs run as the crux of your argument is what's comical to me.

Kiss my Converse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 4 of 434
Jump to: