Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 257, 258, 259 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject:

When's the last time Taylor made contact with the baseball?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Trayce!
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Nice catch by Trayce.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Thompson might be our CF next year
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

I am more than happy with that. When Trayce made that catch my first thought was Belli who?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

He deserves to be playing most days in LF or CF. Taylor has turned into a human ceiling fan. When guys get hot, roll with it.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

He deserves to be playing most days in LF or CF. Taylor has turned into a human ceiling fan. When guys get hot, roll with it.

When you say human ceiling fan, you mean he swings and misses right? Sorry I'm a bit slow on the analogies. LOL
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

When you say human ceiling fan, you mean he swings and misses right? Sorry I'm a bit slow on the analogies. LOL

Ha, yes. As in, if you're nearby, you catch the air from his swings and misses.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Yeah, it's weird, he has reverse splits:

.579 ops vs. lefties
1.029 ops vs. righties

Yet, seems like right now he'll only play vs. lefties.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Hader looks totally cooked
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Hader looks totally cooked

So sad. He won't get paid. Brewers really used and abused him then traded him.

AJ Preller might make alot of sexy moves and get praised at the time he does it. But his trades haven't worked out the last 3 years. He's gotten alot of big name players though.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Padres and Brewers lost tonight. Both are going head to head for that final spot. But if both keep losing like this, giants just might creep up on them and take it. lol
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Padres and Brewers lost tonight. Both are going head to head for that final spot. But if both keep losing like this, giants just might creep up on them and take it. lol

Phillies and Giants also lost tonight, so the Wild Card standings stayed the same. The Cardinals are actually further ahead in the NL Central (4 games) than the Mets are in the NL East (3.5) now. The Astros and Yankees lost, too.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject:

I read a really good article on how Muncy found his stroke back. Basically, the injury caused him to lose his natural stroke. I didn't get the explanation but basically his stroke got out of whack and he couldn't find it again. He could see the ball fine and the pitches that he used to barrel up on, now they turned into pop ups. It was really frustrating for him and he didn't know what to do.

One day in Colorado, for some reason he decided to take a step back with his back foot (right before the pitch arrives). This allowed him to get into his natural swing path back and it worked. He's been hot ever since. I didn't get the explanation for this either, but it sounds exactly how Justin Turner found his swing by lifting his leg.

Quote:
For Dodgers’ Max Muncy, a swing forward comes with a step back

Quote:
While Muncy managed to avoid surgery and return in time for Opening Day, the elbow still gave him trouble. When he did pick up a bat again, he slotted himself into a position that felt comfortable. Years ago, when Muncy was remaking his swing, he thought of things vertically. He lowered his tall stance into a squat, allowing him to get a better view of the pitch’s trajectory and be in a position to maximize it. It centered Muncy on his approach, working “over the ball.”

“Me working above the ball allows me to get underneath it a little bit, and that’s where I was having a lot more like drives and that’s where the home runs came from,” Muncy said. Only when he tried to replicate it, he was shocked at what he saw.

“It’s been the same swing my entire life,” Muncy said. “But this year it hadn’t been my swing at all. Nothing about it.”

That only further sunk his woes as he spent months trying things out to correct it.

“Coming back, trying to hit the ground running, fight through where his elbow was at and then you get off to a slow start — an extremely slow start — absolutely taxing on him mentally,” manager Dave Roberts said. “Then you kind of find yourself in no-man’s land, trying to figure out how he’s going to recoup this season which adds anxiety and pressure. That’s real.”

It’s a fear that’s real, even for a hitter as accomplished as Muncy has been since he became a full-time big leaguer.

“Things aren’t going to be easy in life,” Muncy said. “Life’s hard. But how are you going to handle that? Are you going to quit and give up or are you going to fight and get to where you want to go?

“I feel like if I’d quit, I’m quitting on myself, I’m quitting on the 26 guys in here. I’m quitting on more than myself, and that’s not acceptable to me. I can’t do that.”

Quote:
For much of 2022, physical and mechanical maladies robbed Muncy of what had made him great. He’d retained his discerning eye at the plate but struggled to make hard contact. Even as his elbow healed and the hard contact returned, the ball too often shot straight into the air for easy outs. Resetting his healing elbow meant relying on muscle memories established during countless swings as one of the game’s preeminent sluggers.

But those feelings deceived him; upon further review, his return to a comfortable swing after the injury had moved his positioning to a completely different spot than he’d thought. The angles were off, and he wasn’t able to see pitches the way he always had. The swing he thought was back to normal was anything but.

“I was doing what I thought was right, but it was only what felt comfortable,” Muncy told The Athletic recently.

Quote:
It left the 31-year-old searching for answers that ranged to the extreme. The Dodgers discussed moving his hands around or changing how Muncy stood in the box. On a whim, he tried a different approach in the cage before a game last month at Coors Field. As the pitch would arrive, he’d take a half step back with his left leg, getting his back hip higher, and better positioning his shoulders. Doing so redistributed his body back down and forward rather than up and under the ball.

It felt good, so Muncy took those mechanics into that night’s game. He recorded a hit in his first at-bat, a ripped single off José Ureña, and he locked it in. Since then, he’s been a top-five hitter in the sport.
It resuscitated his batting line. Through Thursday, Muncy’s overall production was right around league average by wRC+ after hovering well below for much of the year. It also restored confidence in what had been a lost season for a player whose surprise arrival in 2018 has shifted much of the franchise’s fortunes.

Now, this is what I don't understand about Dave Roberts. Dude says:

Quote:
“Coming back, trying to hit the ground running, fight through where his elbow was at and then you get off to a slow start — an extremely slow start — absolutely taxing on him mentally,” manager Dave Roberts said. “Then you kind of find yourself in no-man’s land, trying to figure out how he’s going to recoup this season which adds anxiety and pressure. That’s real.”

Yet, he continually put him in the 4-5 hole where he had alot of pressure to produce. Doesn't make sense. If Roberts knew Muncy was struggling that bad and in no man's land, why not stick him in the 9 hole so he can find himself? Doesn't make sense to me.

article: https://archive.ph/9sv6K#selection-2689.0-2721.171

video of his feet shuffle:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadMoriyama/status/1560086512129097728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1560086512129097728%7Ctwgr%5E7f59bb500c95f3e923f3da8c2ac36bc230916ec0%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-2022810202246448432.ampproject.net%2F2208051912001%2Fframe.html
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Yankees were widely considered the best team in baseball after an inordinate 44-16 (.733) record in their first 60 games of the year.

They have gone 29-31 over their past 60 games, becoming the first team in MLB history with a .700 win percentage across their first 60 decisions to then go under .500 in their next 60 decisions, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Dodgers News: LA Planning for Intriguing 6-Man Starting Rotation for a Bit

The Dodgers get a big weapon back today with the return of Dustin May. The lanky right-hander re-joins the rotation 15 months after undergoing season ending Tommy John surgery.

With the return of May, the Dodgers rotation gets a little more full. He joins ace-in-the-wings Julio Urias, All-Stars Tony Gonsolin and Tyler Anderson, as well as veteran lefty Andrew Heaney. Moreover, with Clayton Kershaw sidelined, top pitching prospect Ryan Pepiot has taken a couple turns in the rotation for now. And earlier this week, Dave Roberts said that will remain the case.

The manager said that the team will keep Pepiot in the rotation once May returns which means, you guessed it, the Dodgers will be running with a 6-man rotation for at least a little bit.

With just seven weeks of regular season left, easing back on at least a pair of starters at the top of the rotation seems to be a focus for the LA front office. Tony Gonsolin has already thrown more innings than he ever has as a big leaguer and Julio Urias is well on his way to surpassing the 200 innings pitched mark for the first time in his career.

Yup, this is what I was thinking they might do. This lessens the workload on Urias and Gonsolin and gives May more rest between starts.

However, this is going to be incredibly taxing on the bullpen. We get 1 less reliever (7 vs. 8), and they'll have to cover more innings. We could be possibly looking at 3 guys in the rotation going 4-5ip per start:

May
Pepiot
Heaney

Plus, with our playoff position secure, we're probably going to limit the 3 main guys to 6ip per start:

Gonsolin
Urias
Anderson
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Dodgers News: LA Planning for Intriguing 6-Man Starting Rotation for a Bit

The Dodgers get a big weapon back today with the return of Dustin May. The lanky right-hander re-joins the rotation 15 months after undergoing season ending Tommy John surgery.

With the return of May, the Dodgers rotation gets a little more full. He joins ace-in-the-wings Julio Urias, All-Stars Tony Gonsolin and Tyler Anderson, as well as veteran lefty Andrew Heaney. Moreover, with Clayton Kershaw sidelined, top pitching prospect Ryan Pepiot has taken a couple turns in the rotation for now. And earlier this week, Dave Roberts said that will remain the case.

The manager said that the team will keep Pepiot in the rotation once May returns which means, you guessed it, the Dodgers will be running with a 6-man rotation for at least a little bit.

With just seven weeks of regular season left, easing back on at least a pair of starters at the top of the rotation seems to be a focus for the LA front office. Tony Gonsolin has already thrown more innings than he ever has as a big leaguer and Julio Urias is well on his way to surpassing the 200 innings pitched mark for the first time in his career.

Yup, this is what I was thinking they might do. This lessens the workload on Urias and Gonsolin and gives May more rest between starts.

However, this is going to be incredibly taxing on the bullpen. We get 1 less reliever (7 vs. 8), and they'll have to cover more innings. We could be possibly looking at 3 guys in the rotation going 4-5ip per start:

May
Pepiot
Heaney

Plus, with our playoff position secure, we're probably going to limit the 3 main guys to 6ip per start:

Gonsolin
Urias
Anderson

I'm hoping our offense can give the starters enough lead to go deep in the games.

On a side note, looks like the day off did good for Mookie yesterday. Roberts should start giving Freeman and T Turner some days off here and there too.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

It’s May Day. Hope everyone is ready!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject:

Moronta DFA'd to make room for May.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

No Taylor, no Lux in today's lineup against another lefty. Muncy is back in. Smith is DH'ing with Barnes catching May. Bellinger is back in. And Trayce is getting another start.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Mitch White did okay in the win against the Yankees. Gave up 7 hits in 4ip but only allowed 1 run.

Speaking of Yankees, i don't know what happened to this team. Its insane how bad they have become. They are about to get swept by Blue Jays at home. Yankees might be playing in the wild card series by the time the season is over. Only 7 game lead on Toronto and 8.5 game lead on Tampa Bay. Minnesota who is fighting for that final wild card spot is only 9 games behind the yankees. Its' crazy.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Looks like Mitch White did okay in the win against the Yankees. Gave up 7 hits in 4ip but only allowed 1 run.

Speaking of Yankees, i don't know what happened to this team. Its insane how bad they have become. They are about to get swept by Blue Jays at home. Yankees might be playing in the wild card series by the time the season is over. Only 7 game lead on Toronto and 8.5 game lead on Tampa Bay. Minnesota who is fighting for that final wild card spot is only 9 games behind the yankees. Its' crazy.

Their next 3 games are against Manoah, Scherzer and deGrom too, lol
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Thats brutal. LOL. They have 42 games left with 22 games vs teams that will be fighting for that final spot and 6 games against Boston who always shows up to play the yankees.

Until recently I was hoping for a Dodgers Yankees WS. But now I want to see the Yankees miss the playoffs. It will be the ultimate failure. Something you don't see often. LOL
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
It’s May Day. Hope everyone is ready!

Can't wait. I hope this kid becomes the 2020 Walker Buehler for us.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:49 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Thats brutal. LOL. They have 42 games left with 22 games vs teams that will be fighting for that final spot and 6 games against Boston who always shows up to play the yankees.

Until recently I was hoping for a Dodgers Yankees WS. But now I want to see the Yankees miss the playoffs. It will be the ultimate failure. Something you don't see often. LOL

Its like watching the trainwreck of 1995 coming from a mile away when Seattle finally caught the California Angels and then embarassed them in the one game playoff at the Kingdome.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 257, 258, 259 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 258 of 434
Jump to: