Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 255, 256, 257 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

This one's not done yet. Burnes is out of there and we're only down by 2. Lux just missed a homer, but we'll take the 2-run triple.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject:

2 guys who could seem lost all day but find a way to get a clutch hit are up. Will it be Clutch Taylor? Or will he get on base for Cody? Stay tuned!
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Nevermind.

Plenty of time.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

down by 2 … let’s do this
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Price continues to roll.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Cmon Belli
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject:

chased that one about 3 ft off the plate
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I can’t wait to see Cody in a Cubs jersey one day
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
I can’t wait to see Cody in a Cubs jersey one day

Realistic chance he gets non-tendered, or, at the very least, the Dodgers non-tender him but he and the team agree on a drastically reduced 1-year deal. I simply can't see us tendering him so that he gets $17-20MM one final time in arbitration.

And if he seeks free agency and leaves, whatever, we figure something else out.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LBP, I don't know why you thought that was snarky when I included a smiley-face emoji. It was posted in good fun. My point was that Stripling was beyond awful in 2020 and then replacement level in 2021, so the fact that he's having one good year out of the last three is not the Dodgers' concern. He's been good as he hits free agency, so it's good for him, but he had reached a point where he was pitching awful for us and we had no spot for him. What he does after that we can't really worry about. He's been worth 2.4 WAR, total, since the beginning of the 2019 season, and 1.5 of that has come this year. At the time we traded him, he had put up a -0.6 WAR for us in 2020.

Yeah, I get it. I already know where you stand, it's loud and clear, believe me.

If you spend your entire post dismissing the value of a player, to the point where you're not even going to "lose sleep" over him, then tell me to lead the charge to get him back, that's being condescending. That's talking down to a person. And no matter how many smiley faces you insert, it's still condescending.

And this goes for any subject with any person. It's a condescending way of communicating.

I mean, if your wife comes to you and says I want to open up a coffee shop, and you spend 30 minutes sheeting on the idea, then end it by saying, but you go ahead and do it. That's condescending. That's talking down to her. And no matter how many smiles you want to add while saying it, it's still a condescending way of totally dismissing an idea.

Now if you want to double down and say you have no idea how I could see it that way, then so be it. It is what it is.

It's no different when you and Cutheon got into it about Muncy's defense. You said Muncy's defense sucks. He said the stats don't show it. You said you believe in the "eye test".

He said maybe your eyes aren't as clear as you think.

You thought that was snarky.

That was his condescending way of dismissing your "eye test".

If you can see that as being snarky (or condescending) but you have "no idea" why your words this time were exactly the same, then so be it. I've said my piece.

The only difference is the then.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Devin Williams coming up in the 9th? I actually think our donk lefties have a good shot against him (Gallo/Belli) but I’m an optimist. Maybe Ct3 can draw a walk amongst it all. Also is Mookie available to PH? Or is it a day off?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject:

^
Yeah, it is a difference. I figured that was clear that I wasn't posting in a prickly way. When Cutheon posted what he posted, there was no hint of anything being playful or good-natured or with a smiley-face or an LOL or anything of the sort. As for my opinion of Stripling, what, am I not allowed to post what I think of a player and why, and the cirumstances surrounding him when we dealt him? That's having a discussion. Just because I disagree with your opinion on Stripling doesn't mean I'm talking down to you. That's not my intention or style. No one is always right about their thoughts or opinions, and obviously that includes me, and I have even acknowledged that you were right and I was wrong on Kimbrel, as you have shown enough data from the last 4 years that shows that the Cubs 2021 Kimbrel has been the exception rather than the rule.

I don't come on the internet to get into a pissing contest with people. What a waste of time. I guess sometimes lines can be blurred when you're not talking directly to someone in person, but that was why I included the emoji that I did. I didn't think you'd take offense, I apologize if you did, and I meant no ill will. I am not sorry for my opinion on Stripling, but I am sorry for my opinion on Kimbrel!

Let's just move on, shall we?
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Gallo took 2 pitches I would’ve liked him to be aggressive on. That’s just how it goes I guess.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Yeah, it is a difference. I figured that was clear that I wasn't posting in a prickly way. When Cutheon posted what he posted, there was no hint of anything being playful or good-natured or with a smiley-face or an LOL or anything of the sort. As for my opinion of Stripling, what, am I not allowed to post what I think of a player and why, and the cirumstances surrounding him when we dealt him? That's having a discussion. Just because I disagree with your opinion on Stripling doesn't mean I'm talking down to you. That's not my intention or style. No one is always right about their thoughts or opinions, and obviously that includes me, and I have even acknowledged that you were right and I was wrong on Kimbrel, as you have shown enough data from the last 4 years that shows that the Cubs 2021 Kimbrel has been the exception rather than the rule.

I don't come on the internet to get into a pissing contest with people. What a waste of time. I guess sometimes lines can be blurred when you're not talking directly to someone in person, but that was why I included the emoji that I did. I didn't think you'd take offense, I apologize if you did, and I meant no ill will. I am not sorry for my opinion on Stripling, but I am sorry for my opinion on Kimbrel!

Realizing now I didn't see your post -- apologies if you thought I was being condescending. I absoluetly respect your opinion/knowledge on/about baseball.

I admit I was being snarky -- but, and I don't think this is controversial, so were you.

In any event, apologies -- c'est la vie, and go blue.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Ohh brother Belli
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Must be nice to have a proper closer. That was an easy close.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

any way to relegate Bellis bat to the 10th position?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Must be nice to have a proper closer. That was an easy close.

Williams' changeup is absolutely filthy. It's similar to Gonsolin's splitter. The ball just falls off the table, and so even his 93-94 fastball can be very effective when the hitter has that changeup in the back of their head.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Realizing now I didn't see your post -- apologies if you thought I was being condescending. I absoluetly respect your opinion/knowledge on/about baseball.

I admit I was being snarky -- but, and I don't think this is controversial, so were you.

In any event, apologies -- c'est la vie, and go blue.

Thanks for reaching out. No worries. And yes, go blue!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
As for my opinion of Stripling, what, am I not allowed to post what I think of a player and why, and the cirumstances surrounding him when we dealt him? That's having a discussion. Just because I disagree with your opinion on Stripling doesn't mean I'm talking down to you.

Disagree all you want. We disagree all the time. I think we can cordially disagree without getting snarky at the very end.

And I said that last line was snarky.

Call it playful if you wish. Call it all in good fun if you wish. You had fun, I didn't.

Like I said, you could have added all the smiley faces you wanted, it was snarky and condescending to me.

Take out that last line, and I have absolutely no problem with you disagreeing with me.

I only took offense to the very last line which you wanted to add for "good fun." If you had fun, it was at my expense. If you thought I was going to have fun with it, I didn't.

I don't need you to apologize for how I might have taken it. I'd feel the same way if you did that to someone else (which I supported you when you called out Cutheon).

I think it's snarky and condescending no matter who does it. I thought Cutheon's remarks were snarky, and so was your last line...

You can differentiate the 2 in your mind due to the . That's your choice. But I really didn't see the humor at all in that last remark other than to be condescending.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
any way to relegate Bellis bat to the 10th position?

Man, I take back my opinion of him. I thought dude turned the corner when he hit those 2 HRs awhile back.

Yeah, he might be non-tendered after this year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I still can't figure out why Chris Taylor has so much trouble making contact. Does he not see the ball?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
I still can't figure out why Chris Taylor has so much trouble making contact. Does he not see the ball?

He has a long, looping swing - a lot like Belli actually. A really good eye keeps his bat a threat but his miss rate on pitches in the zone is simply horrendous. And getting worse every year.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

He has a long, looping swing - a lot like Belli actually. A really good eye keeps his bat a threat but his miss rate on pitches in the zone is simply horrendous. And getting worse every year.

Yep, that's the concern for me is that he's been trending in this direction, steadily, for something like 4 years in a row. The Dodgers certainly have the budget to be able to carry Taylor as a utility player over the next 3 years if that's what it comes to, but his hitting has to be a concern for management.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

The Braves are up 3-2 in the 9th in what was a deGrom start for the Mets. Jansen is trying to close it out but he has to face the heart of their order, and Lindor just hit a leadoff single and Alonso is up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 255, 256, 257 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 256 of 434
Jump to: