Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Kimbrel is 0-for-4 this season in save chances with a 1-run lead. Here comes attempt #5.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Never a clean inning.
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Keeping this guy around and not even trying for something better at the trade deadline is malpractice.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject:

NMLaker wrote:
Keeping this guy around and not even trying for something better at the trade deadline is malpractice.

We have enough, presuming that Treinen returns and is his normal self.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Obviously not a fan of the Kimbrel experience but happy for him tonight. Still a struggle but a bit of vindication for a struggling Dodger is never a bad thing.

As to the playoffs - I maintain that the club knows it’s going to mix it up and the comments in the press are nothing more than back your guys PR.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually glad Doc threw him out there again...Even if he doesn't close in the playoffs, he may have to pitch some important innings in them for us. Might as well at least "try" to keep his confidence up.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

David Vassegh fractured like 5-6 ribs and his wrist at the game today and went back to work.

The story is, during pregame he was doing some kind of tv promo where he went down a steep slide. Apparently Miller’s Park has a steep slide. He went down once no problem. Went down a 2nd time and picked up too much speed, crashed into the padded wall and broke all those ribs and wrist.

I heard this on the radio today.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/dodgers-brewers-reporter-slide-failure
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Stripling took a perfect game into the 7th today.

2.93 ERA now.

Looks like we gave up on him too early.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
David Vassegh fractured like 5-6 ribs and his wrist at the game today and went back to work.

The story is, during pregame he was doing some kind of tv promo where he went down a steep slide. Apparently Miller’s Park has a steep slide. He went down once no problem. Went down a 2nd time and picked up too much speed, crashed into the padded wall and broke all those ribs and wrist.

He was actually talking about doing that a good bit on Dodger Talk the previous night.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

He was actually talking about doing that a good bit on Dodger Talk the previous night.

Oh, I see
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Great win today. Caught the highlights only. Surprised Kimbrel got the save but happy still.

Hope we can light up Burnes tomorrow.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Has Gonsolin earned our playoff trust yet?

Dude has done nothing but deal all season

No not for me. But he makes me eat crow every damn start. Very very impressive stuff.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:29 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

2.93 ERA now.

He had a 4.80 ERA last year and was terrible in the 2020 season when we traded him. I'm not losing sleep over that one, but it's good for him that he's having a nice season this year in about 90 innings. Actually, he'll be a free agent this winter. You can lead the charge to bring him back!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:27 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

2.93 ERA now.

He had a 4.80 ERA last year and was terrible in the 2020 season when we traded him. I'm not losing sleep over that one, but it's good for him that he's having a nice season this year in about 90 innings. Actually, he'll be a free agent this winter. You can lead the charge to bring him back!

Yeah, whether you lose sleep or not wasn't the point of my post...

I don't know how terrible he was last year compared to us signing the corpse of Cole Hamels.

I know by the end of last year, we had 3 healthy starters: Buehler, Scherzer, Urias and 2 bullpen games.

That was our rotation for seemingly the last 50 games or so. Did that contribute to Buehler, Scherzer and Urias running out of gas in the playoffs? Who knows. But, when you know there's 2 bullpen games in the rotation, sometimes you always try to give the team 7ip on your own starts.

I'm not going to sneeze at a healthy starter when we were that in need of arms.

Last 2 years, we've paid Duffy and Cole Hamels around $4-5M to NOT PITCH for us.

Toronto paid Stripling $6.7M to actually pitch for them.

It's ironic you sneeze at a 4.80 ERA and 1.27 Whip from a starter but been a staunch supporter of Kimbrel's 4.46 ERA and 1.56 Whip for most of this year.

Honestly, I'd rather lose sleep over Kimbrel than Stripling...

Quote:
You can lead the charge to bring him back!

I'm going to say that's a bit snarky yourself...

But anyways, this post wasn't meant for you to get all snarky. This post was meant for anyone who's interested in seeing how our old buddy Stripling's doing with Toronto.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject:

Early start time today: 11:10am

Heaney vs. Burnes.

Brewers fans confident of getting a split in the series and they're quite happy with that. Seems like we instill alot of fear into other fan bases.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
This post was meant for anyone who's interested in seeing how our old buddy Stripling's doing with Toronto.

There's definitely something to be said about guys who can throw a bunch of league-average innings at the end of a rotation. I've always thought we gave up on Stripling a little early.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

LBP, I don't know why you thought that was snarky when I included a smiley-face emoji. It was posted in good fun. My point was that Stripling was beyond awful in 2020 and then replacement level in 2021, so the fact that he's having one good year out of the last three is not the Dodgers' concern. He's been good as he hits free agency, so it's good for him, but he had reached a point where he was pitching awful for us and we had no spot for him. What he does after that we can't really worry about. He's been worth 2.4 WAR, total, since the beginning of the 2019 season, and 1.5 of that has come this year. At the time we traded him, he had put up a -0.6 WAR for us in 2020.

Turning the page on that, Joe Davis said on the broadcast after Trea's 3rd inning infield single that it was his 25th infield hit on the year, out of his 145 base hits. He's hitting .305; if you take all of those infield hits away, his average would plummet to .250. Now, of course, it's not like he'd lose ALL of those infield hits as he ages and loses some speed, but let's say that you took away 12 of those 25 hits. At that point, his average becomes .280. He turned 29 forty days ago, so he'll turn 30 in the middle of next season. Will a team want to pay him past the age of, say, 36, knowing his career OPS+ of 123 is very good but not monstrous and that it's 127 this year? He did put up a monster 162 OPS+ mark in the shortened 2020 season, and then last year it was also excellent at 146. Still, given how much speed adds to his overall profile, I wonder how teams will see him as a free agent. I guess it only takes one team, though. There was a team willing to give Seager $300MM, which I thought was crazy.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LBP, I don't know why you thought that was snarky when I included a smiley-face emoji. It was posted in good fun. My point was that Stripling was beyond awful in 2020 and then replacement level in 2021, so the fact that he's having one good year out of the last three is not the Dodgers' concern. He's been good as he hits free agency, so it's good for him, but he had reached a point where he was pitching awful for us and we had no spot for him. What he does after that we can't really worry about. He's been worth 2.4 WAR, total, since the beginning of the 2019 season, and 1.5 of that has come this year. At the time we traded him, he had put up a -0.6 WAR for us in 2020.

Turning the page on that, Joe Davis said on the broadcast after Trea's 3rd inning infield single that it was his 25th infield hit on the year, out of his 145 base hits. He's hitting .305; if you take all of those infield hits away, his average would plummet to .250. Now, of course, it's not like he'd lose ALL of those infield hits as he ages and loses some speed, but let's say that you took away 12 of those 25 hits. At that point, his average becomes .280. He turned 29 forty days ago, so he'll turn 30 in the middle of next season. Will a team want to pay him past the age of, say, 36, knowing his career OPS+ of 123 is very good but not monstrous and that it's 127 this year? He did put up a monster 162 OPS+ mark in the shortened 2020 season, and then last year it was also excellent at 146. Still, given how much speed adds to his overall profile, I wonder how teams will see him as a free agent. I guess it only takes one team, though. There was a team willing to give Seager $300MM, which I thought was crazy.

Yeah we won’t be paying TT..nor should we. I just want him to play his best and get paid elsewhere. Works for both parties.

I absolutely see TT getting paid by someone..just not sure who?

Last edited by Snipes on Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

Dodgers 0 McCutchen 3. Can’t get beat by that guy man.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject:

All these no name pitchers are going to catch up with is team… we need some legit high end Aces. We have none.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

Snipes wrote:
Dodgers 0 McCutchen 3. Can’t get beat by that guy man.

0 to 5 now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

Now this is the Andrew Heaney that his former teams came to know. Pitches very well in most innings, but gets bitten by the home run ball. Although Will Smith bears some blame for that last homer. Inning should have been over. 10 K's. He threw the ball pretty well.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
All these no name pitchers are going to catch up with is team… we need some legit high end Aces. We have none.

Julio is definitely back on his ace game
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Julio is definitely back on his ace game

He’s the only one I trust in the playoffs
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Beautiful swing by Lux. Robbed of a homer but could’ve been robbed altogether. We will take the triple. Time for Gallo to tie this up. Burnes is out and the Brewers are (bleep) their pants. This series and game is ours.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 255 of 434
Jump to: