Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 253, 254, 255 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“It’s tremendously frustrating,” Kimbrel said following the loss. “This whole year really, I’ve felt like I’ve been battling. Not necessarily the other team, but myself. … I just think in the last 40-something innings, it’s been very frustrating.

It’s time for me to turn it around, and I’m going to.”

So the problem was - it wasn’t time to turn it around yet. Now it’s time.

Quote:
Fabian Ardaya
@FabianArdaya

Dave Roberts said he's sticking with Craig Kimbrel as his closer.

"The result is not what any of us wanted, but I'm not going to just go by results alone if I believe that the stuff is good, the process is good."

Both are delusional
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:40 am    Post subject:

Not Dodgers related:

Quote:
Little League World Series player in critical condition after falling from a bunk bed

A 12-year-old player in the Little League World Series is in critical condition after falling from a bunk bed at the players' dormitory in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, his team tells CNN.

Easton Oliverson of Utah's Snow Canyon Little League suffered a fractured skull from the fall, his team said. He is being treated at Geisinger Janet Weis Children's Hospital in Danville, Pennsylvania, according to a hospital spokesperson.

The injury happened early Monday morning, according to a statement from Little League International. St. George News reports Oliverson fell out of his bed in his sleep in the middle of the night, citing a source within the team.

Oliverson was airlifted to the local children's hospital, where he underwent surgery to stop the bleeding and stabilize him, according to an Instagram account set-up to provide updates on his condition. He was then put into a medically induced coma, his team said.

Oliverson's father Jace, who is an assistant coach on his son's team, said in a statement, "There was a lot of blood in his brain and a lot of pressure being caused. He had what was called an epidural hematoma. He fractured his skull and in the meantime punctured an artery outside the brain which caused the bleeding."

Oliverson's doctors began weening him off of painkillers and scaling back his oxygen with positive results, the Instagram account reported Tuesday afternoon, adding that a neurosurgeon told the family that the boy's CT scan was "looking great."

The account also said Oliverson was able to respond physically when one of his friends spoke to him on the phone.

"He told Easton to put his thumb up - and he did! His friend then told him to put his other thumb up - and he did that as well! We are so grateful for these little miracles," the post said.

"As of the afternoon of Tuesday, August 16, Little League officials spoke with Easton's family and were pleased to hear that his medical team remains encouraged by his progress," Little League International said in a statement. "At the request of his family, Little League International encourages all to join us in keeping the Snow Canyon Little League player and his family in our thoughts and prayers, as we wish for a full and complete recovery.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/16/us/little-league-world-series-player-injured-bunk-bed/index.html
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:04 am    Post subject:

Roberts better not tank this season by overmanaging in the playoffs and having blind faith in a closer who is obviously washed up.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Roberts better not tank this season by overmanaging in the playoffs and having blind faith in a closer who is obviously washed up.

Yeah, he doesn't do that (regarding having blind faith in a closer). What he does is do a 180 and turn to someone else (who's not used to the role).

In 2019, Kenley was the closer all season, then he turned to Kershaw in game 5
In 2020, Kenley was the closer all season, then Urias closed the WS
In 2021, Kenley was the closer all season, then he turned to Scherzer and burned him

In 2022, Kimbrel is the closer all season, then_____________________?
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
“It’s tremendously frustrating,” Kimbrel said following the loss. “This whole year really, I’ve felt like I’ve been battling. Not necessarily the other team, but myself. … I just think in the last 40-something innings, it’s been very frustrating.

Quote:
Fabian Ardaya
@FabianArdaya

"The result is not what any of us wanted, but I'm not going to just go by results alone if I believe that the stuff is good, the process is good."

Both are delusional

Delusional indeed. I mean results speaks for itself. It's not just once or twice. It's literally everytime he is out there. How much more results does Roberts needs to see until he realizes that Kimbrel is a fraud.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Fabian Ardaya
@FabianArdaya

Both are delusional

FO needs to take this decision out of his hands by just DFA’ng Kimbrel.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject:

I just think we should have just gave kenley what he wanted, his night in night out performance spoke for itself.

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
I just think we should have just gave kenley what he wanted, his night in night out performance spoke for itself.

Kimbrel isn't the answer (and I don't think many were ever convinced he was), but I also don't think locking Kenley into a long-term contract would have made things any significantly better - both this season and going forward.

Who knows what kind of contract the Dodgers really offered Kenley (if anything), but Kenley wanted 3 years. If Kenley were willing to sign a 1-year deal like he did with the Braves, then yes, I think it was a mistake to let him go (in hindsight). But Kenley isn't really delivering that much better than Kimbrel is this season and if we had him for another 2 seasons, everyone would be pissed off that we committed long term to a dude whose best days are clearly behind him.

For the most part Friedman and the scouting department do a fantastic job in building out a roster, but whatever events and decisions that led to waiting until a week before the season started to trade for Kimbrel was an absolute failure. When it was apparent Kenley wasn't coming back, they should have been more proactive in addressing that.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Kimbrel isn't the answer (and I don't think many were ever convinced he was), but I also don't think locking Kenley into a long-term contract would have made things any significantly better - both this season and going forward.

Who knows what kind of contract the Dodgers really offered Kenley (if anything), but Kenley wanted 3 years. If Kenley were willing to sign a 1-year deal like he did with the Braves, then yes, I think it was a mistake to let him go (in hindsight). But Kenley isn't really delivering that much better than Kimbrel is this season and if we had him for another 2 seasons, everyone would be pissed off that we committed long term to a dude whose best days are clearly behind him.

For the most part Friedman and the scouting department do a fantastic job in building out a roster, but whatever events and decisions that led to waiting until a week before the season started to trade for Kimbrel was an absolute failure. When it was apparent Kenley wasn't coming back, they should have been more proactive in addressing that.

I think their hands were tied with the Bauer situation. They had a number they weren't willing to go over (in terms of team payroll).

I'd guess it was the $290M mark which kicks in a whole new penalty level.

They asked Kenley to wait until they could move some salary. Kenley was willing to wait until Atlanta came and offered him $16M, then he couldn't wait any longer.

Finally, the Dodgers were able to find someone to trade salary for salary (AJ Pollock - $15M for Kimbrel - $16M).
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

I think their hands were tied with the Bauer situation. They had a number they weren't willing to go over (in terms of team payroll).

They asked Kenley to wait until they could move some salary. Kenley was willing to wait until Atlanta came and offered him $16M, then he couldn't wait any longer.

Finally, the Dodgers were able to find someone to trade salary for salary (AJ Pollock - $15M for Kimbrel - $16M).

Yeah the team really got screwed by the Bauer situation
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

That makes a lot of sense. Timing aside, I'm not convinced the Dodgers/Kenley were even on the same page as far as a deal goes. Kenley getting a 1-year from Atlanta seems more of a byproduct of a dried up market and teams being wary on locking him in to a multi-year contract.

The Kimbrel-Pollock trade was definitely addressing a need while not hurting the finances, but I can't help but wonder if the Dodgers couldn't have just kept Kenley (if they really wanted him) and figured out the finances later - like trade Pollock for a PTBNL to offset the salary for Kenley. This is why I'm thinking beyond the timing issue, the Dodgers probably offered Kenley a 1+1 with a team option, but Kenley said no thanks.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

That makes a lot of sense. Timing aside, I'm not convinced the Dodgers/Kenley were even on the same page as far as a deal goes. Kenley getting a 1-year from Atlanta seems more of a byproduct of a dried up market and teams being wary on locking him in to a multi-year contract.

The Kimbrel-Pollock trade was definitely addressing a need while not hurting the finances, but I can't help but wonder if the Dodgers couldn't have just kept Kenley (if they really wanted him) and figured out the finances later - like trade Pollock for a PTBNL to offset the salary for Kenley. This is why I'm thinking beyond the timing issue, the Dodgers probably offered Kenley a 1+1 with a team option, but Kenley said no thanks.

Yeah, I think they weren't willing to risk it.

I think they probably tried to move Pollock's salary and there were no takers. Probably not alot of teams were looking to take on $15M in salary without shedding any of their own.

I thought Pollock was worth as least a prospect, but maybe no one wanted his salary.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:16 pm    Post subject:

MLB.com has its updated top 100 prospects list out, and the Dodgers have 7 players on there:

9. Diego Cartaya (C)
27. Bobby Miller (RHP)
44. Miguel Vargas (INF/OF)
45. Michael Busch (INF/OF)
69. Andy Pages (OF)
77. Ryan Pepiot (RHP)
81. Gavin Stone (RHP)
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Danny Duffy 'Unlikely' To Pitch For Dodgers In 2022
AUG 17, 2022 8:18 AM

Danny Duffy has suffered a setback in his rehabilitation from a flexor injury, according to Dave Roberts.

While the Los Angeles Dodgers aren't completely ruling Duffy out as an option down the stretch, Roberts admitted that it is "pretty unlikely" that Duffy will pitch in a game this year.

Duffy experienced "discomfort" when facing live hitters. He last pitched on a Major League mound on July 16, 2021.

Looks like we paid him $500k last yr and $3M this yr to not play for us.
Same with Cole Hamels.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Danny Duffy 'Unlikely' To Pitch For Dodgers In 2022
AUG 17, 2022 8:18 AM

Danny Duffy has suffered a setback in his rehabilitation from a flexor injury, according to Dave Roberts.

While the Los Angeles Dodgers aren't completely ruling Duffy out as an option down the stretch, Roberts admitted that it is "pretty unlikely" that Duffy will pitch in a game this year.

Duffy experienced "discomfort" when facing live hitters. He last pitched on a Major League mound on July 16, 2021.

Looks like we paid him $500k last yr and $3M this yr to not play for us.
Same with Cole Hamels.

That's too bad. Sounds like he couldn't get over the flexor injury. Could have TJS in his future. Hometown kid, too, so it has to be really disappointing for him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

0-for-1 in the Achilles heel situation already.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Make that 0-for-2.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe they didn't send Betts on the fly ball out.

Need to take advantage when they can since Dave is playing his lousy hitter line up. (Barnes , Alberto and no Smith at all)
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Neither team has brought their hitting shoes to this one. Gonsolin has faced the minimum through 4 with 1 walk and no hits allowed, and we have 1 single. Lauer turns into Cy Young against us, as he's 6-0 in his career against the Dodgers.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject:

For a team so reliant on stats and analytics, why have the Dodgers given Trayce almost as many AB's vs. lefties as they have against righties? Are they not able to tell that he doesn't see the ball as well against lefties? He came into today with a .611 OPS against lefties, compared to 1.029 against righties, and he's 0-for-2 against the lefty so far today.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Need to take advantage when they can since Dave is playing his lousy hitter line up. (Barnes , Alberto and no Smith at all)

Barnes got offended
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:10 pm    Post subject:

OK, I'll say it: Muncy is back.

Even his outs look normal now, like they usually did. He's also lined out to first base today on a rocket, and he hit a fairly deep flyout to left on a pretty good pitch on the outside half that he went with and got a good piece of. The ball is being put into play with mean intentions again.

And Trayce is 0-for-3 with 3 strikeouts.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject:

What on earth is Stan Van Gundy doing at the Dodgers vs. Brewers game in Milwaukee?
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Has Gonsolin earned our playoff trust yet?

Dude has done nothing but deal all season
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Barnes got offended

If that's what it takes I'll be wrong everyday.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 253, 254, 255 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 254 of 434
Jump to: