*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers (11/06/21 @ 7:30 pm PT) Gm#10 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

It looks bad but we're 5 & 5. Keep the faith people. Don't LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

I hated the lack of effort, I can withstand losing but play with effort
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
I caught the beginning of the game and then went into a concert. So I didn't see any of this debacle. For this I am grateful.

Watching this team right now is giving me shades of pre-LBJ team...pretty much expecting losses, surprised at wins. Depressing.

Which was fine pre-LeBron because that was a bunch of NBA babies and no stars. Fine. That's not fine now with a bunch of veterans players and legit stars as I'm sure you'd agree

I'll stand by my opinion that I posted earlier I think I posted during preseason that it hurts us that our roster is never stable from one season to another. It amplifies injuries - which happens to every team - because then not only are you missing key people but it's people that don't have any experience playing with one another, don't necessarily know the coaches schemes, they just don't know anything and so we're always learning on the fly every season.

I believe in our talent so I'm digging deep and not panicking and I'm saying OK let's see how we're looking more around All-Star break, hopefully we will have a clearer picture by then of what this team really is.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:

AMEN!!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:

No continuity. Unstable lineups don't allow for chemistry development. Our main pieces are injured or sick. It's very, very early. Patience people, patience.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AJ wrote:

No continuity. Unstable lineups don't allow for chemistry development. Our main pieces are injured or sick. It's very, very early. Patience people, patience.

Agreed!
With so many new pieces it's naturally going to take time. We have 72 more games, there is plenty of time to get it together if they play with more effort and heart.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
I still believe if Lebron can stay healthy (and right now that’s a huge question mark) he automatically makes every single player on the roster much better. Even Russ.

Same can be said for AD but yeah to state the obvious he’s still no Lebron

If LeBron (and everyone else who plays) gets and stays healthy I think we'll be fine in the long run.

Key injuries really destroy your attempts at building chemistry, cohesiveness, confidence and consistent, coherent rotations and lienups.

Agreed 💯
And it’s perfectly normally for the majority of us to lose our (bleep) especially LG 😂🤣😂 during this horrible start but at the end of the day we’re 5-5 with 72 games to go.

So true. I'm amazed at the hateful, reflexive comments about Westbrook just in this thread, acting as if he's the devil.

It's just one game. Yes, a disastrous one, but one in which we were without our two best players.

Let's just try to be at least 1% better than we were yesterday.

Criticizing someone's bad play is being hateful? And someone called him the devil? Russell is playing horrible, and he's confirming what many have said. That he is either unwilling, or unable to change and play smarter. I was actually excited when we got him and remain very hopeful that he will work on this team. I expected it to take some time and I'm still holding out hope, but I have to admit that to this point it's been "shockingly" worse than I was expecting.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Next Up:
Los Angeles Lakers vs Charlotte Hornets
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA | Monday, Nov. 08, 2021 • 7:30 PM PT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22
Jump to: