*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers (10/29/21 @ 7:30 pm PT) Gm# 6 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t think people truly realize what LeBron brings in terms of leadership, if he’s playing he won’t allow the team to sleep walk through games.

have you seen him play this year?
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t think people truly realize what LeBron brings in terms of leadership, if he’s playing he won’t allow the team to sleep walk through games.

Reallly
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He’s been a beast shooting the 3 ball, I’m not saying he’s always gonna make the team engaged but the example I wanna bring is him not allowing the team to play lackadaisical against bottom feeders when we won our championship in 2020 we were beating the bottom feeders almost every time, having him in the line up when we are playing a inferior opponent is crucial.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He’s been a beast shooting the 3 ball, I’m not saying he’s always gonna make the team engaged but the example I wanna bring is him not allowing the team to play lackadaisical against bottom feeders when we won our championship in 2020 we were beating the bottom feeders almost every time, having him in the line up when we are playing a inferior opponent is crucial.

agree but that likely changes. he's had some lackadaisical play. His problem is we have heard he can mesh with anyone, he plays the right way etc.

he needs to hand the ball over to russ when on the court, and he needs to stop pounding the ball on the perimeter waiting to launch.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I hope the Lakers don’t think this is the lottery cavs.

They will get their asses kicked if they think this is a lottery team. Cavs aren’t in the tanking tier like OKC anymore. They are playing good ball.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Cavs have better record than us...
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Cavs on a 3 game winning streak shutting down their opponents pretty much in all those games holding teams way below 100 points... It seems like that 3 7ft line-up is working for them.

Expect a lot of Westbrook and AD outside shots tonight. Cavs will be shutting down the paint with those bigs.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not true. Good teams have bad losses all the time. Including James led teams.

IMO this Laker roster is not about the talent. It is about effort and efficiency. OKC showed us the two sides of this team.

The team hustling on defense, passing and getting easy shots at the basket. And went up by 26 pts by halftime. And then the other, no effort on defense, poor decisions leading to TOs and settling for too many 3pt shots.

Which team shows up tonight? I’m hoping the first half team, I can like that team.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Le sigh

Per Faigen (press release at link)

Late addition to the injury report: Malik Monk has "common cold symptoms" but is probable to play.

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1454177109576806403?s=21
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Le sigh

Late addition to the injury report: Malik Monk has "common cold symptoms" but is probable to play.

Inuuries are no joke and not gloating over any of that, but it's so ironic how we were labeled the old team but so many of the younger guys who are on the injured list
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not true. Good teams have bad losses all the time. Including James led teams.

IMO this Laker roster is not about the talent. It is about effort and efficiency. OKC showed us the two sides of this team.

The team hustling on defense, passing and getting easy shots at the basket. And went up by 26 pts by halftime. And then the other, no effort on defense, poor decisions leading to TOs and settling for too many 3pt shots.

Which team shows up tonight? I’m hoping the first half team, I can like that team.

Just a heads up in case no knows the Bobcats during our championship years 2008-2010 were whooping our ass almost every time we matched up with them, if the OKC Thunder end up being our nemesis I could careless as long as we are ready come April and May.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

LBJ A GAMETIME DECISION

Per Faigen

LeBron James is still testing out his ankle, Frank says that he will be a "true gametime decision."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1454247933172338689?s=21
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Le sigh

Inuuries are no joke and not gloating over any of that, but it's so ironic how we were labeled the old team but so many of the younger guys who are on the injured list

Indeed. The situation has been very wack.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LBJ A GAMETIME DECISION

Per Faigen

LeBron James is still testing out his ankle, Frank says that he will be a "true gametime decision."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1454247933172338689?s=21

How are we supposed to believe in stuff like this? He didn’t sprain his ankle he ended up having a sore ankle, those things usually get better when you put ice around the sore ankle.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

he hurt his ankle as opposed to injuring it which is quite different, icing will make the soreness go away.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
he hurt his ankle as opposed to injuring it which is quite different, icing will make the soreness go away.

Stay calm, IG

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Stay calm, IG

I know.. LeBron could have played 2 games ago but part of him missing the games is due to load management, they want to be careful the ankle he hurt is considered minor.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

If we need Bron in order to win this game, we're not a championship contender. Bron should sit out more games to see what we really have. Clippers almost made the NBA Finals without their best player while the Lakers couldn't beat a winless team without their best player. What a joke.
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

It may not be a real must win, but it's a must win for me.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
If we need Bron in order to win this game, we're not a championship contender. Bron should sit out more games to see what we really have. Clippers almost made the NBA Finals without their best player while the Lakers couldn't beat a winless team without their best player. What a joke.

Talk about absolute polar different scenarios...

We have a better record then said Clippers this season without there best player 🙃

The last game was awful to watch but we clearly dominated TF out of them and then got cocky and started to play with our food which bit us back and it was too late once we tried to turn it back on. No excuses on the loss or awful second half but it doesn't really mean anything as far as being a Contender almost 80 games from now....
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Not gonna be too hung up on any losses from now on, as long as we're able to avoid playing the top two seeds this post-season.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

agree but that likely changes. he's had some lackadaisical play. His problem is we have heard he can mesh with anyone, he plays the right way etc.

he needs to hand the ball over to russ when on the court, and he needs to stop pounding the ball on the perimeter waiting to launch.

The same Russ that just had a 10 turnover game? Make no mistake, the only reason Russ should have it more is because he’s pretty useless without the ball unlike LeBron. Otherwise, I’ll take the more efficient player every time. LeBron would let his team sleepwalk but he would also save the day at the end.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

If LeBron doesn’t play I expect a lost. The Cavs are the type of team that will run us out of the building just on energy and effort. Plus many of their guys are playing well. Russ could have another 10 to game with their guards hounding him.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Ok Le Bron Play

per Trudell

LeBron will return tonight after missing two games with the sore ankle, starting alongside Westbrook, Bazemore, AD and Jordan.

Tip off vs. Cleveland at 7:30 p.m. on @SpectrumSN.

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1454267010867556352?s=21
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29
Jump to: