*** Los Angeles Lakers @ Oklahoma City Thunder (10/27/21 @ 5:00 pm PT) Gm#5 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

The fact that we built such a big lead shows us this team is capable of being great, if not dominant.

When you blow a lead like that, it's more mental than physical. This team does a pretty good job of playing its most effective style in the first half, but they get away from it in the second half.

As long as we get and stay healthy, this is fixable.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Nets are 2-3 as well and I got the adjustment part, but this loss was embrassing

Nets at least can cite to Kyrie issues, etc

Our squad is just...I mean, what are we, exactly?

We have been without Nunn/THT/Ellington that’s like 30 points in production, stop acting like we don’t our issues.

How are they going to get them when we have so many guards??
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DrDent wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
We're in this mess because of Klutch, not Pelinka. They wanted Russ, he got them Russ. Then tried to pad the 15-man with as many quality vet mins as he could find. Not an ideal way to build a team, but dude is just following orders.

More and more the team build is reminding me of what happened over time in CLE...bunch of one dimensional players surrounding their big 3 (and "big 2"). They could shoot, or defend, but most of them could not do both. In fact, our team philosophy was once all about getting High IQ, 2 way players.

This roster is not built that way.

Well I'm sure they would've rather kept Kyrie
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Nets are 2-3 as well and I got the adjustment part, but this loss was embrassing

We have been without Nunn/THT/Ellington that’s like 30 points in production, stop acting like we don’t our issues.

Whatever IG, stop acting like 2 of those 3 will make a big difference. THT might help, but he is single handedly not changing this defense.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
We're in this mess because of Klutch, not Pelinka. They wanted Russ, he got them Russ. Then tried to pad the 15-man with as many quality vet mins as he could find. Not an ideal way to build a team, but dude is just following orders.

More and more the team build is reminding me of what happened over time in CLE...bunch of one dimensional players surrounding their big 3 (and "big 2"). They could shoot, or defend, but most of them could not do both. In fact, our team philosophy was once all about getting High IQ, 2 way players.

This roster is not built that way.

There was no assets or cap room to get those type of players. What little assets were had were given up for $44M clucker. And then we picked THT over Caruso, because well ... he has the "better" agent. Could've have easily packaged Kuz, THT and picks for big balled 3-d guys, and then re-signed Caruso. But instead we got this.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

The good thing about having so many guards is that coach Vogel only has to play the ones who play good defense and bring energy and effort.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Whatever IG, stop acting like 2 of those 3 will make a big difference. THT might help, but he is single handedly not changing this defense.

Going to be hard to judge this team until all those guys come back... Ariza also is suppose to be that 3&D guy.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

CALM DOWN PEOPLE!

As a reminder. This is a brand new team. 3 returning players, THT, AD, and LBJ. We have players who we haven't seen play as yet. Before you hit the panic button give them at least 20 games to gell. If we're still in a funk after 20 then start to worry.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TMG wrote:
We suck boys. Aboslutely no chance of winning a chip with this roster. We had a title contending team last year only hindered by injuries and Pelinka shat the bed signing everyone and releasing our most important perimeter defenders. Lebron wanting WB is the worst decision ever made this dude is a cancer to winning we wont make it out the first round with this guy playing for us.

We (bleep) up majorly and probably mess up whatever Lebron has left in the tank.

Nah imo it’s the complete opposite. Losing in this type of terrible way especially early in the season could actually light a spark.

I get it losing to a lottery team is never nice and the doomsday thoughts come to mind but this is another teachable moment.

The moral of the story is we blasted this team by 26 and lost respect for them as a professional basketball team. They responded and we didn’t match our intensity that gave us the big lead.

We lost to the pistons , magic, pelicans, and cavs these last two seasons. This is first time in awhile we lost to OKc I believe the last time was when CP3 was there.

Either way next Thursday is the rematch back at Staples.

TO be honest dude i (bleep) hate this team and a large part of it is due to the players we got. Westbrook-Melo are not players that have any business on this team. I hate watching WB run the show as much as i hate Melo being an absolute cancer on both sides.We are not winning with WB running the show. And he doesn't know any other way. Dude cant shoot and cant play defense yet we play him with the starters? How will that work out. I dont care if your a genius tactician you cant play WB with the starters.

And he's too proud to be a 6th even though thats where he belongs at this point in his career. Russel is not a winner he will never swallow his pride and do what is best for a team. Melo is the same.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Funny but THT in this game could have been huge, his energy and youth could have made a difference, you guys are acting like we are expected to steam roll everyone like it’s nothing, The OKC Thunder are a NBA team, they almost beat the red hot GS Warriors.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

The good thing about having so many guards is that coach Vogel only has to play the ones who play good defense and bring energy and effort.

Right, and who are those? None of them can defend. Bazemore is a low in defender, the guy doubles no names in the post and leave his man for wide open 3s. Monk sucks at PNR and team defense. THT might be ok, but he was pretty lost last year on defense sometimes. Reaves is good, but I think he will lose minutes when those guys come back.
I wouldn’t even bother comment on rondo/Westbrook/NUNN/Ellington
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Not trying to pile up on IG but I agree with Doc on this one.
THT’s potential is exciting but he’s never been known to have lights out defensive talent. Nunn is basically the same. Great offensive talent never showed out on defense.

Not gonna lie I had a weird dream over the weekend that mid season the Bulls cool down and we trade THT and Nunn (two of Chicago’s finest) to the Bulls to bring AC and Stanley Johnson back home.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Funny but THT in this game could have been huge, his energy and youth could have made a difference, you guys are acting like we are expected to steam roll everyone like it’s nothing, The OKC Thunder are a NBA team, they almost beat the red hot GS Warriors.

Not sure any NBA team should lose to this OKC team after leading by 26
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

You won't stop huh
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Going to be hard to judge this team until all those guys come back... Ariza also is suppose to be that 3&D guy.

Ariza right now is a wildcard he could be a real difference maker for this team, you guys are acting like we just lost to a bunch of no bodies, Josh Giddey/Bazley/Dort/SGA all those guys have proven they belong in this league.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Outrebounded by OKC
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Ariza right now is a wildcard he could be a real difference maker for this team, you guys are acting like we just lost to a bunch of no bodies, Josh Giddey/Bazley/Dort/SGA all those guys have proven they belong in this league.

I don't think is the fact we lost... I think it has more to do on how we lost. Shows the glaring issue on this team. DEFENSE!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Not sure any NBA team should lose to this OKC team after leading by 26

No one is supposed to be shocked with ANYTHING regarding the NBA, the young Suns team went to the Finals last year, no one should be surprised that the Thunder pulled off the upset against the Lakers.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Statistically this was not a bad game (other than the score).

Shot 50% from the floor. Shot 85% from the FT line. Within 2 in rebounds. Turnovers were close. Points in the paint were even.

Effort and aggressiveness were the issues. They pushed the ball and gave effort on the defensive end. Not great defense but effort in the first quarter. After the first quarter, it was walk the ball down the court and not getting back on defense. They settled for jump shots instead of penetrating and finding the open man.

It was not a skill issue, it was a will issue. Gotta have the will to push the ball and defend.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Statistically this was not a bad game (other than the score).

Shot 50% from the floor. Shot 85% from the FT line. Within 2 in rebounds. Turnovers were close. Points in the paint were even.

Effort and aggressiveness were the issues. They pushed the ball and gave effort on the defensive end. Not great defense but effort in the first quarter. After the first quarter, it was walk the ball down the court and not getting back on defense. They settled for jump shots instead of penetrating and finding the open man.

It was not a skill issue, it was a will issue. Gotta have the will to push the ball and defend.

It was the open 3s that let OKC back. The outside guys clearly doesn’t have a clue of how to guard shooters while rotating
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Oh for pete's sake, you win this game...not blow a lead that a Laker team has not blown in 25 years.

You seriously are going polly-anna at the wrong time.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Team Last year:
PPG - 22nd
Opp/PG - 2nd

This year so far:
PPG - 5th
Opp/PG - 29th

I know it's early in the season and small sample size, but the glaring issue right now is our DEFENSE... This team is the opposite of last year's team. I expect those numbers to balance out more as the season goes on. WHen we get a couple players back and get used to the defensive rotation more.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Team Last year:
PPG - 22nd
Opp/PG - 2nd

This year so far:
PPG - 5th
Opp/PG - 29th

I know it's early in the season and small sample size, but the glaring issue right now is our DEFENSE... This team is the opposite of last year's team. I expect those numbers to balance out more as the season goes on and we get a couple players back.

Yup, game in, game out, preseason, and now. Maybe it gets fixed. Maybe it doesnt. But what you just said Miggz = fact.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I think people will be shocked to find out how easy it is to comeback from big deficits no matter what kind of team you are playing, this is why Vegas has the betting line set up, because they make money out of unexpected situations.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think people will be shocked to find out how easy it is to comeback from big deficits no matter what kind of team you are playing, this is why Vegas has the betting line set up, because they make money out of unexpected situations.

Wrong forum at the wrong time.

Please allow us to vent and go elsewhere with this fortune cookie crap. There are forums to reason and rationalize, in game threads are not when your team blows a 26 point lead vs a team unlikely to win 15 games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25
Jump to: