LAKERS -at- SPURS - 10/26 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
I was only able to watch a few minutes of the first half. What were the conditions that changed for Westbrook? Was he more aggressive at getting to the rim, taking the more efficient shot? Was there better spacing this game?

It helps the Spurs play with pace, that allowed us some early offense step-up screens. It helps we decided to do more step-up screening.

In the half court, we added some more screen options/angles to get him to his strong hand and turning the corner.

Those things got him downhill and we need to keep adding ways to do that.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

StatCoach wrote:
Why didn't Bradley play? I didn't see him listed on the injury report. Thanks in advance.

Vogel went to Rondo to fulfill the playmaking role with LeBron out. So that's a chunk of it. And then Reaves has kind of been balling, but he also keeps the ball moving/playmakes...but the bigger deal is we just don't have any SF depth at the moment, so he needed to be out there just because of that. You could have certainly sacrificed some of Rondo's time for Bradley in some of these rotations. Probably should have.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

StatCoach wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
StatCoach wrote:
Why didn't Bradley play? I didn't see him listed on the injury report. Thanks in advance.

Could be that he put up 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals in 21 minutes vs. Phoenix.

Gotta have production.

That could be it. LOL. He played well vs GSW though. Frank doesn't usually have that quick of a hook. The Westbrook/Rondo combo was a -18 in 6 min last night. Thought Bradley could be used to mitigate that combo.

Yeah that's where you don't need Rondo's playmaking and you could get more energy/effort/movement on D. It's not ideal to run someone 6 minutes, but -18 in 6 and the other samples we got with Westbrook/Rondo and usually one or two other poor defenders...just has been really bad.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
As always, a great write up DB.

Couple things I wanted to comment on:

1. Dwight in the 4th. You hit the nail on the head re Dwight. I really felt last year we missed what he brings when the team needs a boost and a run, as 2 years ago it seemed like every time the team was down by a decent or greater lead in the 4th, Dwight and Caruso would lead the charge. We got to see some of that (minus Caruso) in this game. The defense went from being just fugly (97 points in 3 quarters!)...to suddenly something we could recognize from the past couple seasons.

Effort can be contagious. When you get guys flying around like that and this buzz of energy on D, that's where Dwight really thrives. Sometimes a little foul prone, but when he's not, it's usually him at his best at this stage of his career. It sounds like they want this organized chaos kind of game on both ends is my understanding. I always use the phrase intelligent effort. We lack that quite a bit because it's early, but also some players are just who they are.

Quote:

2. 5th foul on Russ - I was paying attention to that and it seemed to me that with timeout situations for the teams, Pops was trying to play without a break to avoid allowing Russ back in. Almost worked.

Pop was definitely playing a little chess their with Vogel. Vogel didn't bite and then Monk dropped a bomb to win that battle for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: