AD vs. Dwight fighting on the bench
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
GTL wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Are ppl really taking Dwight’s side in this? The man was terrible out there and did finger pointing at our best player. That’s toxic af. He’s a clown

Always been a clown. Kobe was right about him all along. From the moment he posterized him as a rookie to the day he called him soft when he played for Houston. He knew something was off.

Dwight’s been in the league long enough to have a say and is on the team. who else is supposed to hold AD accountable for not putting in effort?

Funny how you guys find it ok. You must be watching for a different reasons than watching athletes compete.

We needed someone to light up the fire inside AD. Lebron didn't do it last season probably because the bromance is too stronk. I'm glad Howard has the balls to tell it to AD. Hopefully, it brings back DPOY AD next game in a dominating win next game. No otherwise.

Davis doesn’t need Dwight to light anything for him.

This happened on the bench. During a game. While Vogel stood there with his thumb up his ass.

None of this was justified and extremely unprofessional by both guys.

Yet and still, I’m giving our star player the benefit of the doubt here. He’s earned that much.

If you’re willing to give up on him because third string Howard overstepped his boundaries, have at it.

We've gotta try something to bring back championship AD. Not doing anything last year didn't go so well. AD used to eat Ayton for dinner.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Bull crap on this garbage of never criticizing another player because of hierarchy. AD can play however soft he wants and he should never get criticism? That sounds like the mindset of too many stale organizations destined for the dustbin of history, too many teams that never fix their problems, and too many people in their comfort zone taking orders without question because they can't think for themselves.

Never criticize because AD outranks him? Pure crap. Howard had every right to speak his mind.

Also - I don't see Howard clowning around out there. Not one bit. The analogies to why Kobe got pissed at him are way off base.

One of the tenants of this team from the outset, if you believe what LBJ, AD, and WB said, are that they will hold each other accountable.

Amen.

Dwight is a 3x DPOY. He has more cache on defense than AD will ever have until he earns it. Respect your elders, don’t make a scene.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
So I watched the full 2nd quarter again:

Quote:
    ~6:00 - CP3 gets by Melo, so Dwight switches to help out, Baze doesn’t switch to Dwight’s man in time and ends up a lob. You can see Dwight harping at Baze for it.

~5:10 - Dwight steals the ball from Booker, Lakers go on transition but Monk loses the ball. All 4 Lakers run back on defense EXCEPT for AD, who stayed behind on the other end. Suns run a play that led to a wide open Crowder where Dwight had to switch ended up to Ayton who travelled but was not called and ended up with a Bridges 3-point basket. You can see Dwight agitated with the non-call and the defensive lapse.

~4:20 - This seems to be the play Vogel, Dwight, AD were talking about during their post game interview that the argument stemmed from: Booker run pick and roll with Ayton. Dwight stayed on Ayton. AD looked like he wanted to help but decided to stay with Crowder. Booker goes by Baze for a layup.

~3:40 - Dwight misses a turn around put back. You can see him talking to Rondo already frustrated.

~3:13 - Timeout is called. Dwight sits down. AD approaches Dwight, stands in front of Dwight and starts telling him something. Dwight gets up and AD grabs Dwight’s arms starts holding/pushing him.

My assumption is that AD told Dwight about the pnr play at the 4:20 mark that he should’ve switched on Booker rather than staying on Ayton. Dwight who’s already agitated for all the blown defensive plays and for AD telling him what he should’ve done defensively, when on the previous play before that, AD didn’t even bother getting back on defense at the 5:10 mark that led to an open 3 which blew the game open for the Suns.

AD calling out Dwight in this scenario is laughable.

Dwight was probably thinking, “Are you kidding me? You didn’t even run back on defense and you’re telling to me what I should’ve done defensively?”
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Bull crap on this garbage of never criticizing another player because of hierarchy. AD can play however soft he wants and he should never get criticism? That sounds like the mindset of too many stale organizations destined for the dustbin of history, too many teams that never fix their problems, and too many people in their comfort zone taking orders without question because they can't think for themselves.

Never criticize because AD outranks him? Pure crap. Howard had every right to speak his mind.

Also - I don't see Howard clowning around out there. Not one bit. The analogies to why Kobe got pissed at him are way off base.

One of the tenants of this team from the outset, if you believe what LBJ, AD, and WB said, are that they will hold each other accountable.

Amen.

Dwight is a 3x DPOY. He has more cache on defense than AD will ever have until he earns it. Respect your elders, don’t make a scene.

Yup. As highly as we think of AD's defensive abilities, Dwight is on a different level in his prime. Not to mention AD's prime is RIGHT NOW.

Hopefully the next time we see AD shoving someone else, it's against the opposing center instead of his own teammate who obviously didn't want to 'fight' back.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Where's the energy? The Lakers are loafing down the court seemingly lost. Where are the set plays? Our offense is Bron coming down with the ball and going ISO. Dwight called AD out, somebody has to call Bron out.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Where's the energy? The Lakers are loafing down the court seemingly lost. Where are the set plays? Our offense is Bron coming down with the ball and going ISO. Dwight called AD out, somebody has to call Bron out.

Our half court offensive sets often seemed non existent.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

When you have Jordan, LeBron, Westbrook, Carmelo you will gets lots of defensive loafing
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

It's team dynamic and relationship stuff like this where Jared Dudley was really valuable to the team.

I understand not bringing him back because of minimal on-court contributions, but you can see why his teammates loved him. He is a glue guy. That stuff is important.

I don't know if the Lakers have anyone like that right now.

We had a couple of those guys the championship year with Duds and Javale McGee.

Also it does seem like AD uncharacteristically lost it here. But Dwight has historically gotten on his teammates' nerves everywhere he's been, let's not act like that is a new thing. He lacks self-awareness big time. Seems very socially awkward.

If the team is winning I'm sure guys are more willing to brush off his annoying traits, but when they're losing and things are going south it's harder to ignore.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

These players are desperate for a win. With so many players with unique characters, the team chemistry will fall apart sooner than later. We have to start winning even if it means playing LBJ and AD 40 minutes each the next game.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
These players are desperate for a win. With so many players with unique characters, the team chemistry will fall apart sooner than later. We have to start winning even if it means playing LBJ and AD 40 minutes each the next game.

Maybe we should give Dwight those minutes instead. He’s a 3x DPOY.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Maybe we should give Dwight those minutes instead. He’s a 3x DPOY.

Yup. Especially if AD isn’t going to play defense anyway and just keep settling on jumpers, shooting 33% from the field.

AD before halftime, 2-13.

AD after Dwight got up and woke the (bleep) out of him, 4-5.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
AD is wrong, from what i see

He stood right in front of Dwight and tried to school him. Dwight clearly points to the chair next to him and kind of tells him to sit to talk, Davis doesn't listen so Dwight gets off his chair and Davis pushes him back to the chair...

I agree on this... no way should AD do that. That's just not right.

plus, AD is playing soft. Is he injured or something? He's moving slow like he's Bynum out there.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

I see some of you guys blaming AD, Dwight, I blame Vogel. He doesn't have the locker room. I said it a post prior, coaches like, Phil Jackson, Greg Popovich, Tyronn Lue, (Who I thought we should have hired) and like, would not put up with the bull twinkie now happening. We have the tools, lack the leadership. Unless Frank Vogel grows a pair we're in deep doo-doo.

So far this season, AD and LBJ have been disappointing to me.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I see some of you guys blaming AD, Dwight, I blame Vogel. He doesn't have the locker room. I said it a post prior, coaches like, Phil Jackson, Greg Popovich, Tyronn Lue, (Who I thought we should have hired) and like, would not put up with the bull twinkie now happening. We have the tools, lack the leadership. Unless Frank Vogel grows a pair we're in deep doo-doo.

Vogel got us the ring in his first year but this team is drastically different from our championship team so it can't be Vogel. The team is different seemingly in a worse way after the first two games. Blame should be on the one the organization relies on for basketball wisdom, Pelinka.

Just win like our championship team and all problems would solve itself but it's hard to win when you're given crappy players. Hello Mr. Pelinka!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Vogel got us the ring in his first year but this team is drastically different from our championship team so it can't be Vogel. The team is different seemingly in a worse way after the first two games. Blame should be on the one the organization relies on for basketball wisdom, Pelinka.

Just win like our championship team and all problems would solve itself but it's hard to win when you're given crappy players. Hello Mr. Pelinka!

IMO you are both missing a key element to the issues. James.

He has incredible influence on the team and organizational decisions. Just the reality of this current dynamic.

Comparing the situation to HCs with established cultures and influence? If James had wanted Lue, he would be the HC now. Same point with Pelinka, who do you think advocated for Davis, Westbrook, or even to a lesser degree role players like Anthony?

How do you envision film sessions going when Vogel points out when James misses or halfheartedly attempts a defensive assignment? Any thoughts on if Vogel “grows a pair” and made an example of him? Vogel does not have the clout as the HOF credibility of Jackson or Popovich. And if either were the current HC I am not sure they could coach the same with James. It would likely be more conflict then be productive.

Lakers relinquished the power and direction to James/ Klutch the moment he signed the contract. Him helping deliver a Championship just solidified the influence even more.

This Laker dynamic is complex. James has always had the threat of changing teams. Really does not have that now as this is likely his final couple years. He has a long history of churning through coaches and teammates, but in this case he had significant influence on choosing both. So doesn’t he deserve a significant amount of the criticism when things seemingly are not working?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Vogel inherited a team that you could have coached to a ship. He didn't run that team LeBron did. LeBron is also running this one.

The problem with this year's edition is chemistry. Coaches weld, Frank doesn't seem to have the wherewithal to do that.

I haven't given up. I feel we'll get it together. The Lakers are a new team. Only 3 returning players, THT, AD, and LeBron. It's going to take some time to work out the kinks. I'll start worrying after game 20.

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

Kwame's take on AD-Dwight.

Plus Kwame's thoughts on Kobe and included the Lakers Suns series from the mid 2000's. Kwame does not play. If he respects you, you know you are the man and he doesnt just respect someone because of their bball skills or talent. Kwame definitely respects Kobe even though Kobe has clowned on him on several occasions. Shows Phil's brilliance too to get Kwame and Lamar involved early that series because in 2006, I definitely remember Kwame having a good series and Lamar punking Shawn Marion.

Great insights and definitely worth the time.

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

Plus Kwame's thoughts on Kobe and included the Lakers Suns series from the mid 2000's. Kwame does not play. If he respects you, you know you are the man and he doesnt just respect someone because of their bball skills or talent. Kwame definitely respects Kobe even though Kobe has clowned on him on several occasions. Shows Phil's brilliance too to get Kwame and Lamar involved early that series because in 2006, I definitely remember Kwame having a good series and Lamar punking Shawn Marion.

I'm a Kwame fan from way back, and I agree with everything he said. First, every game I become less fan of Anthony Davis. I don't think he concentrates on what he's doing. I think he has a poor approach to the game. I also think he plays soft, and his offense is horrendous.

But Rob Pelinka really gets on my nerves. It just goes to what I've been saying several times. Rob Pelinka doesn't have a vision for this team. He just enjoys signing players for the sake of it. He doesn't care about the actual Laker team, or how the players fit. He just wants to play Game of Thrones with Laker players and keep rotating them in out every year.

Rob Pelinka has got to go.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

I'm a Kwame fan from way back, and I agree with everything he said. First, every game I become less fan of Anthony Davis. I don't think he concentrates on what he's doing. I think he has a poor approach to the game. I also think he plays soft, and his offense is horrendous.

But Rob Pelinka really gets on my nerves. It just goes to what I've been saying several times. Rob Pelinka doesn't have a vision for this team. He just enjoys signing players for the sake of it. He doesn't care about the actual Laker team, or how the players fit. He just wants to play Game of Thrones with Laker players and keep rotating them in out every year.

You are out of your mind. This is basketball. Player can fit as long as the coach creates a decent game plan. The problem is Vogel.

Imagine a coach complaigning because his Gm got him

LeBron
Davis
Westbrook

but of course players won't fit when vogel's head is up his ass.

Playing Westbrook with Rondo and sometimes Bron is sure going to improve FIT ....
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

U remember 2 years ago when Dwight would have his man completely sealed right under the basket and specifically AD would look him off, that (bleep) used to drive me crazy and really pissed me off. Im not saying u have to feed Dwight consistently but jesus christ if he has his man completely sealed right under the basket, give him the (bleep) ball.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

Very cool and erudite take from Kwame. Lakers should bring him on as assistant coach.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Evenstar wrote:
I think Dwight called out AD on lazy defense and AD had none of it. Whatever Man, we need a fire lit either way.

Well, he should. I come to this site are read all this AD is great crap. Yeah, he has moments. But nothing this year. Let's be real. So far this year he is ALL lazy ass. When he he playing the 5, half of the time he is camped out around the three point line and put no effort into getting a rebound. He isn't cutting to the hoop, he is lazy on pick and rolls, he is getting worked when is playing D. So it may be that it is early and he is out of shape. If so, that is on him, but the dude needs to find some pride in his game and start to put out real effort. I don't question the effort of any other starter, but AD needs to get with it.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Yeah, he handled the Clippers so well. Vogle can't sit a star or the team would fire him and AD should be sat until be plays with heart or gets is shape or whatever. The Lakers suck so far is: 1) too many new players and they haven't had time to figure out what works; 2) injuries and 3) a lazy AD, so far.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Very cool and erudite take from Kwame. Lakers should bring him on as assistant coach.

Kwame says get back to bully ball — scoring in the paint — that’s what I have been saying all along, they can’t go shot for shot with a team like Phoenix, they can’t dictate the tempo that way.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Everything is all good... During halftime warm ups

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVW9Z4xgIZV/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: