AD vs. Dwight fighting on the bench
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Are ppl really taking Dwight’s side in this? The man was terrible out there and did finger pointing at our best player. That’s toxic af. He’s a clown

Always been a clown. Kobe was right about him all along. From the moment he posterized him as a rookie to the day he called him soft when he played for Houston. He knew something was off.

Dwight’s been in the league long enough to have a say and is on the team. who else is supposed to hold AD accountable for not putting in effort?

Funny how you guys find it ok. You must be watching for a different reasons than watching athletes compete.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
acer77 wrote:
This is exactly why Dwight has a reputation around the league as a locker room cancer and why I vehemently opposed signing him. The 10th guy off the bench can't criticize the team's star, there's something called a team hierarchy. Only Lebron or the head coach can do that.

What's funny is that Dwight was always the target of Kobe's ire for being soft and not hustling so he should be the last person to criticize anyone for the same offenses.

No dude....Dwight absolutely has the cache and pedigree to question AD - a kid 7-8 years younger than him whose heights did not exceed Dwight's in Orlando. Also Dwight was never considered soft for being weak inside the paint like AD, he was considered soft because he was joker who liked to have fun. This is like Robert Parish threatening to break Jordan's legs in Chicago when Jordan tried his bullying (bleep) on him. Jordan shut his mouth real quick after that

Exactly, Dwight 100% should be able to criticise AD where necessary (and vice versa). If anything he was THE MAN when he brought Orlando to the finals, while what AD did was bring NO to the second round and won 1 in 5 games.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

If dh was getting on him for playing lazy that’s ok. The good thing about being old is that guys shouldn’t be thin skinned
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely. Second and third stringers should unprofessionally be able to criticize our franchise player on the bench during a game.

Kwame should of done that way more often with Kobe. He might of lasted an extra season or two.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Absolutely. Second and third stringers should unprofessionally be able to criticize our franchise player on the bench during a game.

Kwame should of done that way more often with Kobe. He might of lasted an extra season or two.

Can't agree more. Just like how Kwame has the same bball pedigree as Dwight right? I'm sure all NBA fans will agree with you on that.

Great analogy
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
GTL wrote:

Can't agree more. Just like how Kwame has the same bball pedigree as Dwight right? I'm sure all NBA fans will agree with you on that.

Great analogy

Robert Horry and Horace Grant would get on Kobe during games for playing too much ISO.

Horry and Grant >>> Dwight

Hope that helps.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:

If he has the cache and pedigree of Dwight to a much younger kid who was not better than him in his prime and was being lazy on defense?

Absolutely

Davis is a kid compared to Dwight. Sit down and listen to your elders kid.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
GTL wrote:

Great analogy

Robert Horry and Horace Grant would get on Kobe during games for playing too much ISO.

Hope that helps.

As they should get on Kobe...whats your point??? And in no universe is Horace Grant and/or Robert Horry in the universe of Dwight Howard. Hypothetically if u had 1994 Horace Grant, 1996 Horry and 2011 Howard (all 3 at or near their best) on just a player for player trade value, no GM in his right mind would take 1994 Grant and 1996 Horry over 2011 Howard.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
GTL wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
GTL wrote:

Great analogy

Hope that helps.

As they should get on Kobe...whats your point??? And in no universe is Horace Grant and/or Robert Horry in the universe of Dwight Howard. Hypothetically if u had 1994 Horace Grant, 1996 Horry and 2011 Howard (all 3 at or near their best) on just a player for player trade value, no GM in his right mind would take 1994 Grant and 1996 Horry over 2011 Howard.

Those guys weren't soft little babies like Howard is.

They had the ability to tell Kobe to pipe it down and he would listen.

AD doesn't respect Dwight.

It's Dwight's responsibility to garner that respect or else he'll get the Kwame treatment, "ship his ass out".

We already have twice.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
GTL wrote:

Great analogy

Hope that helps.

Don't see how this means Dwight shouldn't have been able to criticize AD's play, but we can just agree to disagree.

End of the day, if we are fielding a veteran team, then we should be able to let each other know of their shortcomings to improve as a team. This bickering stuff should only happen to younger teams imo.

Anyways if Vogel can see the positive in this (at least the team is showing some passion), then I'm with him. Just let it unify the team instead of tear it apart.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
acer77 wrote:
This is exactly why Dwight has a reputation around the league as a locker room cancer and why I vehemently opposed signing him. The 10th guy off the bench can't criticize the team's star, there's something called a team hierarchy. Only Lebron or the head coach can do that.

What's funny is that Dwight was always the target of Kobe's ire for being soft and not hustling so he should be the last person to criticize anyone for the same offenses.

No dude....Dwight absolutely has the cache and pedigree to question AD - a kid 7-8 years younger than him whose heights did not exceed Dwight's in Orlando. Also Dwight was never considered soft for being weak inside the paint like AD, he was considered soft because he was joker who liked to have fun. This is like Robert Parish threatening to break Jordan's legs in Chicago when Jordan tried his bullying (bleep) on him. Jordan shut his mouth real quick after that

Exactly, Dwight 100% should be able to criticise AD where necessary (and vice versa). If anything he was THE MAN when he brought Orlando to the finals, while what AD did was bring NO to the second round and won 1 in 5 games.

We know it's often the way it's said than what was said. With that said, it's really as simple as the emboldened part.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
GTL wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
GTL wrote:

Great analogy

Hope that helps.

Don't see how this means Dwight shouldn't have been able to criticize AD's play, but we can just agree to disagree.

End of the day, if we are fielding a veteran team, then we should be able to let each other know of their shortcomings to improve as a team. This bickering stuff should only happen to younger teams imo.

Anyways if Vogel can see the positive in this (at least the team is showing some passion), then I'm with him. Just let it unify the team instead of tear it apart.

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
GTL wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
GTL wrote:

Great analogy

Hope that helps.

It's Dwight's responsibility to garner that respect or else he'll get the Kwame treatment, "ship his ass out".

We already have twice.

I agree with you here. If AD doesnt respect Dwight, its not AD's conscientious decision to not respect Dwight, its Dwight's actions that are causing AD to not respect Dwight. The argument I dont like is role players (especially well decorated ones like Dwight) not being able to hold franchise players accountable if the franchise players are slacking
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers lack leadership. No way in hell Bron should not be chastised for staying in the backcourt and having his team play 4 on 5. If Phil Jackson or Ty Lue were the coach they would have gotten in his ass. Where was Frank during the shoving match? Jeff Van Gundy would have been hanging on someone's leg. I said it before and I know you guys as sick of me saying it, Frank Vogel is this team's weakest link.

Where is Frank Vogel?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
GTL wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
GTL wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
GTL wrote:

Great analogy

Hope that helps.

We already have twice.

I agree with you here. If AD doesnt respect Dwight, its not AD's conscientious decision to not respect Dwight, its Dwight's actions that are causing AD to not respect Dwight. The argument I dont like is role players (especially well decorated ones like Dwight) not being able to hold franchise players accountable if the franchise players are slacking

Fair enough. I too was getting frustrated with AD's lack of getting into position pretty much all game long. We can just hope they get their act together.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
GTL wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Are ppl really taking Dwight’s side in this? The man was terrible out there and did finger pointing at our best player. That’s toxic af. He’s a clown

Always been a clown. Kobe was right about him all along. From the moment he posterized him as a rookie to the day he called him soft when he played for Houston. He knew something was off.

Dwight’s been in the league long enough to have a say and is on the team. who else is supposed to hold AD accountable for not putting in effort?

Funny how you guys find it ok. You must be watching for a different reasons than watching athletes compete.

Since when is our best player AD and not LeBron?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
GTL wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Since when is our best player AD and not LeBron?

I think they’re supposed to be on equal footing in the eyes of the franchise with AD being more future proof, but in my opinion, LeBron is still the better player. Which is pretty phenomenal considering he’s almost 37.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Did you watch the game? AD was the one that had a terrible game, he was 2 of 13 at that time, and he was the one that approached Dwight with the finger pointing, which is why James Worthy and Robert Horry called his brow ass out after the game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
GTL wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

We needed someone to light up the fire inside AD. Lebron didn't do it last season probably because the bromance is too stronk. I'm glad Howard has the balls to tell it to AD. Hopefully, it brings back DPOY AD next game in a dominating win next game. No otherwise.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

AD is wrong, from what i see

He stood right in front of Dwight and tried to school him. Dwight clearly points to the chair next to him and kind of tells him to sit to talk, Davis doesn't listen so Dwight gets off his chair and Davis pushes him back to the chair...
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
GTL wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

We needed someone to light up the fire inside AD. Lebron didn't do it last season probably because the bromance is too stronk. I'm glad Howard has the balls to tell it to AD. Hopefully, it brings back DPOY AD next game in a dominating win next game. No otherwise.

Davis doesn’t need Dwight to light anything for him.

This happened on the bench. During a game. While Vogel stood there with his thumb up his ass.

None of this was justified and extremely unprofessional by both guys.

Yet and still, I’m giving our star player the benefit of the doubt here. He’s earned that much.

If you’re willing to give up on him because third string Howard overstepped his boundaries, have at it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

What the hell are you talking about. Dwight only got 9 minutes. Lets see how good Davis is at age 36 and also how good he would be at age 36 with a major back surgery. Dwight keeps his body in optimal shape. AD???? Yea we know the answer to that from last year.

You're joking right?

When has Dwight shown that he can lead a team to a championship as the guy?

AD did that.

Stop it.

AD didn’t, Lebron did. AD is not a leader.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
GTL wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

This happened on the bench. During a game. While Vogel stood there with his thumb up his ass.

Yet and still, I’m giving our star player the benefit of the doubt here. He’s earned that much.

If you’re willing to give up on him because third string Howard overstepped his boundaries, have at it.

Just because AD is in the wrong doesn’t mean people criticizing him are giving up on him. Two totally separate things.

Agreed with Worthy and Horry. Glad they called AD out. He was in the wrong, he is human, he can make stupid mistakes, and he blew it up when it didn’t need to be.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Bull crap on this garbage of never criticizing another player because of hierarchy. AD can play however soft he wants and he should never get criticism? That sounds like the mindset of too many stale organizations destined for the dustbin of history, too many teams that never fix their problems, and too many people in their comfort zone taking orders without question because they can't think for themselves.

Never criticize because AD outranks him? Pure crap. Howard had every right to speak his mind.

Also - I don't see Howard clowning around out there. Not one bit. The analogies to why Kobe got pissed at him are way off base.

One of the tenants of this team from the outset, if you believe what LBJ, AD, and WB said, are that they will hold each other accountable.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
GTL wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Thumb up his ass is hilarious. Frankie V is a good to great bball mind and if someone challenged him directly I dont think he will just let (bleep) slide but in terms of gravitas and being able to control a room with his presence like Phil Jackson and Pat Riley, he definitely does not have that
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: