We would be the favorite to win this year had we traded for Buddy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 2226

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Totally theoretical but I think Buddy doesn't help pull as many ring chasers. I wanted Buddy but even Vogel may not be able to help hide him. Then the drama is Vogel only playing him 24mpg and sitting him to close in favor of the few 3&D guys we have.


who are those ring chasers you are talking about?

you think all those ring chasers are dumb like our FO to think that LBJ/AD/WB is a good combination?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 5284

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Totally theoretical but I think Buddy doesn't help pull as many ring chasers.


You mean like Melo or DJ - completely replaceable players?

We also wouldn't need them, you'd still have KCP, Caruso, 22nd pick (to trade).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 9130

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Hindsight is 20/20 but Lowry for THT, Dennis, and KCP at the deadline was the right move. Still could have had Kuz and Trez to move for Buddy. Bring back Caruso, and then a big wing for the mMLE.

Even with Westbrook, we could and still should have Caruso. And not to cry over spilt milk because it's arguable the Nunn is the better player at half the price but at least with AC via bird rights, wr could have used mMLE on a big wing starter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 551

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I am struggling with the complaints from last night and the pre-season. This team is missing easily two if not three players (possibly our starting SG, our 6th man and Ariza who still is a above average defender with great length).

Get Nunn, THT and Ariza back and this team will be completely different. We will be fine. Just keep fingers crossed the injury bug hits early and by playoffs we have 9/10 guys we can rely on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 551

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Caruso ballin AF for the Bulls. Looks like he's being used as a PG. Would love to have him and Hield instead of what we have now.


He was FAR FROM BALLIN AF tonight. Not sure what game you watched but but his -11 +/- tonight and five fouls in 27 minutes, and 1-5 shooting with 3 points is far from BALLIN. Again -11, for comparison, Monk was -10 last night (we won’t talk about RW )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 5284

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Buddy had a crap game today

17pts, 5-9fgs, 4-7 from 3, 6 rebounds, 2 assists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Buddy had a crap game today

17pts, 5-9fgs, 4-7 from 3, 6 rebounds, 2 assists.


Yah, that would be a dream stats from Westbrook on the Lakers.

Westbrook can average high stats given super high usage rate.

But he can’t do anything else except being inefficient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: We would be the favorite to win this year had we traded for Buddy

troy wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Especially since Kyrie Irving has suspended himself.

Westbrook has negative impact on a winning team.
Anyone who can’t see that hasn’t follow his game, and just reading stats.

His game is too one dimensional and ball dominant, he sucks at off ball.
And he has low self awareness and low bb IQ.

The dude has talent, but at his age and his skill set, it just doesn’t fit on a championship aspiration team in this day and age.
We need exactly what Buddy Hield provide.
Which is a knock down shooter that create space for Lebron and Davis.
Buddy Hield is shooting at a clip of Klay Thompson right now.

Westbrook manage to not get past first round after Durant left.
And had the Thunder kept Harden and traded Westbrook, they probably already won a championship.

A prime Durant couldn’t even play with him at his prime.

We were all wishing Westbrook is more mature now and can play sidekick to Lebron and Davis.

But that’s not even his game, the dude is lost out there on the basketball court if he is not going at 1000% speed.

Washington traded John Wall (who is pretty much useless) for Westbrook, yet we gave up our championship piece for him. (We could have Buddy Hield)

Pelinka failed.

And Lebron being the Goat, is just a crappy GM, which follows the footstep of MJ.
But it is clearly GM fault for listening 100% to Lebron on this.


Agreed.


Westbrook trade was like a nightmare came true

I wish I am wrong, and that this threat anti jinx it.

I would be so happy that I eat crow later this season and we win the championship, but the likelihood of that happening would require more other teams star player getting injured in the playoff than last year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20 but Lowry for THT, Dennis, and KCP at the deadline was the right move. Still could have had Kuz and Trez to move for Buddy. Bring back Caruso, and then a big wing for the mMLE.

Even with Westbrook, we could and still should have Caruso. And not to cry over spilt milk because it's arguable the Nunn is the better player at half the price but at least with AC via bird rights, wr could have used mMLE on a big wing starter.


It was dumb as … of a move.

No hindsight needed, I scream bloody foul right after it was announced.

You don’t trade for a net negative player like Westbrook period if you want to win a championship.

Maybe a team that wants a star with no championship aspiration could use Westbrook. But Westbrook doesn’t bring anything to a winning teams, it has been proven over and over again.

Even if you could sign Westbrook for MLE, you need to think about it.

Since he just absolutely needs the ball in his hands to be good.
That basically means he is useless playing with Lebron.

Why why why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I don't understand why people on this board wanted LeBron to be our only ball-handler and playmaker, at age 36-37, on a fast-break team nonetheless.

If you guys had gotten your way, LeBron may have been tired and/or hurt/injured by the start of the playoffs.

I know Westbrook isn't exactly an ideal fit, but it can work, and if it works we can be a dominant team.


You bring in a 40M dollars net negative dude, who have a billion turnover, just so that he can let Lebron rest a bit.

There are other options available for much less.

He can’t even play alongside Lebron, since he has no off all game.

Are we going to bench him in the playoff?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Hield is more one dimensional. He's a shooter and if his shot isn't falling he's pretty much useless. So many players that shot well on other teams have come to the Lakers and something about the bright lights and the big city and the pressure has resulted in a decline in their shooting abilities. I don't think Hield wins a championship.


Buddy is not just a shooter. You don't average 21ppg in one NBA season as a one-dimensional shooter. Buddy's spike skill is shooting, but his offensive game is far more refined than just shooting.

The Lakers would be far away the favorite with Buddy. The team has not had a legit 3rd option to pair with AD/Lebron and Buddy is pretty much the perfect 3rd option. He would be the best player Lebron/AD have played with since joining the Lakers.

He would also make Lebron/AD better. Lebron is great without spacing. Imagine how he would do with spacing?

Kuzma for Buddy was an absolute steal for the Lakers.

This team is winning it all:

KCP / Nunn / Rondo
Buddy / AC / THT
Lebron / Ariza
AD / Melo
Howard


I don’t understand why us average fan are better GM than frikin people that gets paid millions to do the jobs.

And holy crap for the dude that call Buddy Hield just a shooter.

I guess Klay Thompson is just a shooter too, he probably won’t even be as good as Buddy this year coming back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 6899

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:45 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Hield is more one dimensional. He's a shooter and if his shot isn't falling he's pretty much useless. So many players that shot well on other teams have come to the Lakers and something about the bright lights and the big city and the pressure has resulted in a decline in their shooting abilities. I don't think Hield wins a championship.


Buddy is not just a shooter. You don't average 21ppg in one NBA season as a one-dimensional shooter. Buddy's spike skill is shooting, but his offensive game is far more refined than just shooting.

The Lakers would be far away the favorite with Buddy. The team has not had a legit 3rd option to pair with AD/Lebron and Buddy is pretty much the perfect 3rd option. He would be the best player Lebron/AD have played with since joining the Lakers.

He would also make Lebron/AD better. Lebron is great without spacing. Imagine how he would do with spacing?

Kuzma for Buddy was an absolute steal for the Lakers.

This team is winning it all:

KCP / Nunn / Rondo
Buddy / AC / THT
Lebron / Ariza
AD / Melo
Howard


Yeah everyone here thinks they are an expert and know more than the people that do this for a living and have had success. Hield scored 16.6 PPG last year on a bad team. I'd be way more impressed if averaged 21 or even 16.6 on a playoff team. Shooting 40.6% overall and under 40% from 3. His FG % from 3 and from 2 has declined each of the past two seasons from where it was in 2018-19 when he scored 21, again on a bad team. If he was so great the Kings would not have offered to trade him for Kuzma. He's a good role player, not a player that will catapult a team to a championship.

And the person that compared him to Klay Thompson? Yikes.


Last edited by ducasse on Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:16 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 3472
Location: Lake Nacimiento

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:50 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Hield is more one dimensional. He's a shooter and if his shot isn't falling he's pretty much useless. So many players that shot well on other teams have come to the Lakers and something about the bright lights and the big city and the pressure has resulted in a decline in their shooting abilities. I don't think Hield wins a championship.


Buddy is not just a shooter. You don't average 21ppg in one NBA season as a one-dimensional shooter. Buddy's spike skill is shooting, but his offensive game is far more refined than just shooting.

The Lakers would be far away the favorite with Buddy. The team has not had a legit 3rd option to pair with AD/Lebron and Buddy is pretty much the perfect 3rd option. He would be the best player Lebron/AD have played with since joining the Lakers.

He would also make Lebron/AD better. Lebron is great without spacing. Imagine how he would do with spacing?

Kuzma for Buddy was an absolute steal for the Lakers.

This team is winning it all:

KCP / Nunn / Rondo
Buddy / AC / THT
Lebron / Ariza
AD / Melo
Howard


I don’t understand why us average fan are better GM than frikin people that gets paid millions to do the jobs.

And holy crap for the dude that call Buddy Hield just a shooter.

I guess Klay Thompson is just a shooter too, he probably won’t even be as good as Buddy this year coming back.


Klay Thompson will without a doubt be better then Buddy even at 60-70% he's a completely different tier of player, c'mon now... He'll be fine offensively once he shakes the rust off for a month or so, it's defensively that will probably not quite come back the first year back but it's not like Hield cares much about that end anyways and i'm willing to bet Klay will still be the better defender between the two.

The reason average fans aren't GM's is because of how ridiculous so many "Average Laker fans" look after game 1 of 82 with a brand new roster.

Also, every year Bron has been here he's started to fall apart due to some random injury before the Playoffs outside of the Bubble year where he got 4 months off. It's kind of obvious banking on him being an iron man at 37 and being the primary ball handler and playmaker while also pulling down 6-8 rebounds and scoring 25-30ppg while also trying to play defense probablyyyyyy won't work. We already seen KCP and especially Caruso become trash without him for the most part and regular season Rondo is mediocre and also good for at least 1-2 injuries throughout the regular season him self. They're all fantastic role players and if Bron wasn't only getting older and didn't have a track record now of getting nagging injuries with our second best player who's in his prime and only a bigger injury concern then sure, that roster above would be great but it's 2021 Bron not 2012 sadly. Trotting out that roster is just a matter of when will he be run into the ground not if.

I'm not the biggest fan of bringing in Westbrook but it's kind of ugly and ridiculous how some fans are after 1 game.. Be weary and throw up questions but to completely trash the front office is just sad tbh.. We won a Championship 2 seasons ago and were the Favorites to win last season before Bron and AD kept taking turns getting injured to kill any hope of being healthy once in the Playoffs and some of you want to run that back? No thanks.....

People are saying Westbrook will never change but it was pretty blatantly obvious that was him doing exactly that on Tuesday night and trying to find his new role. No doubt he played bad but I saw a guy that was clearly trying to figure out his role and was livid at his own bad performance. That doesn't make the loss better but it shows theres hope.. You can either be a baby and cry the same thing over and over and over or actually root for a bunch of players that have never played together to learn each other over the long season and get better which btw is a very common thing to new rosters across all team sports. Most Championship teams look nowhere remotely as good as they do in the Playoffs in the first game of the season.

Let's give it at least 20 games before we burn Staples center down?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Sep 2020
Posts: 302

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: We would be the favorite to win this year had we traded for Buddy

Nonamehero wrote:
Especially since Kyrie Irving has suspended himself.

Westbrook has negative impact on a winning team.
Anyone who can’t see that hasn’t follow his game, and just reading stats.

His game is too one dimensional and ball dominant, he sucks at off ball.
And he has low self awareness and low bb IQ.

The dude has talent, but at his age and his skill set, it just doesn’t fit on a championship aspiration team in this day and age.
We need exactly what Buddy Hield provide.
Which is a knock down shooter that create space for Lebron and Davis.
Buddy Hield is shooting at a clip of Klay Thompson right now.

Westbrook manage to not get past first round after Durant left.
And had the Thunder kept Harden and traded Westbrook, they probably already won a championship.

A prime Durant couldn’t even play with him at his prime.

We were all wishing Westbrook is more mature now and can play sidekick to Lebron and Davis.

But that’s not even his game, the dude is lost out there on the basketball court if he is not going at 1000% speed.

Washington traded John Wall (who is pretty much useless) for Westbrook, yet we gave up our championship piece for him. (We could have Buddy Hield)

Pelinka failed.

And Lebron being the Goat, is just a crappy GM, which follows the footstep of MJ.
But it is clearly GM fault for listening 100% to Lebron on this.


All this after one game. Please stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Sep 2020
Posts: 302

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Some people talk about Buddy Hield like he is the second coming of Jesus Christ.

He is not all that.....

Good player? Sure.....but not the savior...


In the same vein as Ennis, Avery, Otto Porter etc etc. People are ridiculous. Hield doesn’t guarantee crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 18490

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Buddy Hield is a great shooter, but woof he’s not a difference maker tbh. He would have to be way better as a defender and playmaker to get into the difference maker category.
_________________
Any team want to trade for our pickup basketball players?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 6899

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Buddy Hield is a great shooter, but woof he’s not a difference maker tbh. He would have to be way better as a defender and playmaker to get into the difference maker category.


Exactly. He not a good defender and not a playmaker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 957

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Hield is more one dimensional. He's a shooter and if his shot isn't falling he's pretty much useless. So many players that shot well on other teams have come to the Lakers and something about the bright lights and the big city and the pressure has resulted in a decline in their shooting abilities. I don't think Hield wins a championship.


Buddy is not just a shooter. You don't average 21ppg in one NBA season as a one-dimensional shooter. Buddy's spike skill is shooting, but his offensive game is far more refined than just shooting.

The Lakers would be far away the favorite with Buddy. The team has not had a legit 3rd option to pair with AD/Lebron and Buddy is pretty much the perfect 3rd option. He would be the best player Lebron/AD have played with since joining the Lakers.

He would also make Lebron/AD better. Lebron is great without spacing. Imagine how he would do with spacing?

Kuzma for Buddy was an absolute steal for the Lakers.

This team is winning it all:

KCP / Nunn / Rondo
Buddy / AC / THT
Lebron / Ariza
AD / Melo
Howard


Yeah everyone here thinks they are an expert and know more than the people that do this for a living and have had success. Hield scored 16.6 PPG last year on a bad team. I'd be way more impressed if averaged 21 or even 16.6 on a playoff team. Shooting 40.6% overall and under 40% from 3. His FG % from 3 and from 2 has declined each of the past two seasons from where it was in 2018-19 when he scored 21, again on a bad team. If he was so great the Kings would not have offered to trade him for Kuzma. He's a good role player, not a player that will catapult a team to a championship.

And the person that compared him to Klay Thompson? Yikes.


Using raw FG% as part of your criticism tells me how much of an expert you are yourself.

Why shouldn't he be compared to Klay though?

Buddy Hield (2020-21)

4.0 3PM
10.2 3PA
39.1% 3pt FG%

2.5/6.3 C&S 3PM/3PA
39.6% C&S 3pt%

1.5/3.8 Pull-Up 3PM/3PA
38.4% Pull-up 3pt%
81% Assisted 3's

54.8% EFG
56.7% TS
7.6 TRB%
14.7 AST%


Klay Thompson (2018-19)

3.1 3PM
7.7 3PA
40.2% 3pt FG%

2.5/6.1 C&S 3PM/3PA
40.5% C&S 3pt%

0.6/1.4 Pull-Up 3PM/3PA
40.9% Pull-up 3pt%
91% Assisted 3s

55.3% EFG
57.1% TS
6.0 TRB%
10.5 AST%


Buddy attempted 10.2 3's a game last season compared to Klays 7.7 attempts per game on the last season he was healthy. Buddy shot 39.6% vs Klays 40.2%. Klay staggeringly shot 1.1% better while attempting 2.5 less 3s.

Klay is also mostly a spot up 3pt shooter while Buddy can shoot more off the dribble and is also the more willing passer.

Defensively, while people hailed Klay as a great defender, he hasn't had a plus DBPM his whole career. Klay had a -1.4 DBPM his last active season and -2.1 the season before that. That's even worse than Buddy's -1.6 and -1.4 in his previous 2 seasons.

So yeah, while the rest of the NBA world breathed a sigh of relief when we went for Westbrook instead of Buddy Hield, only "experts" like you think that Buddy is some sort of scrub who can't even touch Klay's dirty ingrown when they are more similar than you think.

But but Buddy's stats came from a scrub team. True. But Klay also had the benefit of playing with a better coach on a better system, benefiting from Steph Curry and KD's gravity and having Draymond as a great playmaker alongside him. While Buddy's stats has been 'declining' since HOF coach Luke Walton came in.
_________________
Plan A - Schroder/Hield/Lebron/AD/Gasol
Plan B- Schroder/Powell/Lebron/AD/Gasol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
ducasse wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Hield is more one dimensional. He's a shooter and if his shot isn't falling he's pretty much useless. So many players that shot well on other teams have come to the Lakers and something about the bright lights and the big city and the pressure has resulted in a decline in their shooting abilities. I don't think Hield wins a championship.


Buddy is not just a shooter. You don't average 21ppg in one NBA season as a one-dimensional shooter. Buddy's spike skill is shooting, but his offensive game is far more refined than just shooting.

The Lakers would be far away the favorite with Buddy. The team has not had a legit 3rd option to pair with AD/Lebron and Buddy is pretty much the perfect 3rd option. He would be the best player Lebron/AD have played with since joining the Lakers.

He would also make Lebron/AD better. Lebron is great without spacing. Imagine how he would do with spacing?

Kuzma for Buddy was an absolute steal for the Lakers.

This team is winning it all:

KCP / Nunn / Rondo
Buddy / AC / THT
Lebron / Ariza
AD / Melo
Howard


Yeah everyone here thinks they are an expert and know more than the people that do this for a living and have had success. Hield scored 16.6 PPG last year on a bad team. I'd be way more impressed if averaged 21 or even 16.6 on a playoff team. Shooting 40.6% overall and under 40% from 3. His FG % from 3 and from 2 has declined each of the past two seasons from where it was in 2018-19 when he scored 21, again on a bad team. If he was so great the Kings would not have offered to trade him for Kuzma. He's a good role player, not a player that will catapult a team to a championship.

And the person that compared him to Klay Thompson? Yikes.


Using raw FG% as part of your criticism tells me how much of an expert you are yourself.

Why shouldn't he be compared to Klay though?

Buddy Hield (2020-21)

4.0 3PM
10.2 3PA
39.1% 3pt FG%

2.5/6.3 C&S 3PM/3PA
39.6% C&S 3pt%

1.5/3.8 Pull-Up 3PM/3PA
38.4% Pull-up 3pt%
81% Assisted 3's

54.8% EFG
56.7% TS
7.6 TRB%
14.7 AST%


Klay Thompson (2018-19)

3.1 3PM
7.7 3PA
40.2% 3pt FG%

2.5/6.1 C&S 3PM/3PA
40.5% C&S 3pt%

0.6/1.4 Pull-Up 3PM/3PA
40.9% Pull-up 3pt%
91% Assisted 3s

55.3% EFG
57.1% TS
6.0 TRB%
10.5 AST%


Buddy attempted 10.2 3's a game last season compared to Klays 7.7 attempts per game on the last season he was healthy. Buddy shot 39.6% vs Klays 40.2%. Klay staggeringly shot 1.1% better while attempting 2.5 less 3s.

Klay is also mostly a spot up 3pt shooter while Buddy can shoot more off the dribble and is also the more willing passer.

Defensively, while people hailed Klay as a great defender, he hasn't had a plus DBPM his whole career. Klay had a -1.4 DBPM his last active season and -2.1 the season before that. That's even worse than Buddy's -1.6 and -1.4 in his previous 2 seasons.

So yeah, while the rest of the NBA world breathed a sigh of relief when we went for Westbrook instead of Buddy Hield, only "experts" like you think that Buddy is some sort of scrub who can't even touch Klay's dirty ingrown when they are more similar than you think.

But but Buddy's stats came from a scrub team. True. But Klay also had the benefit of playing with a better coach on a better system, benefiting from Steph Curry and KD's gravity and having Draymond as a great playmaker alongside him. While Buddy's stats has been 'declining' since HOF coach Luke Walton came in.


Buddy Hield would look like an all star playing with Lebron and AD.

He would fit perfectly.

Can’t even think of a better fit.

Sad even thinking about it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: We would be the favorite to win this year had we traded for Buddy

Swagron12 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Especially since Kyrie Irving has suspended himself.

Westbrook has negative impact on a winning team.
Anyone who can’t see that hasn’t follow his game, and just reading stats.

His game is too one dimensional and ball dominant, he sucks at off ball.
And he has low self awareness and low bb IQ.

The dude has talent, but at his age and his skill set, it just doesn’t fit on a championship aspiration team in this day and age.
We need exactly what Buddy Hield provide.
Which is a knock down shooter that create space for Lebron and Davis.
Buddy Hield is shooting at a clip of Klay Thompson right now.

Westbrook manage to not get past first round after Durant left.
And had the Thunder kept Harden and traded Westbrook, they probably already won a championship.

A prime Durant couldn’t even play with him at his prime.

We were all wishing Westbrook is more mature now and can play sidekick to Lebron and Davis.

But that’s not even his game, the dude is lost out there on the basketball court if he is not going at 1000% speed.

Washington traded John Wall (who is pretty much useless) for Westbrook, yet we gave up our championship piece for him. (We could have Buddy Hield)

Pelinka failed.

And Lebron being the Goat, is just a crappy GM, which follows the footstep of MJ.
But it is clearly GM fault for listening 100% to Lebron on this.


All this after one game. Please stop.


Russ glaring weakness has been apparent his whole frikin career.

This is not saying we won’t have good regular season record.

But in the playoff. Russ will be a net negative
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 56070

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

We would have been deeper, more defensively talented, had we kept some of the role guys, but I don't think we were any more closer to a ring than we are today.

It will always come down to what Bron and AD do in the playoffs. If you look at this game 1 even, the Lakers had control. Until who went to the bench? Yes, Bron. That is when the Lakers lost control of the game.

Guys like Hield would have been awesome 2 years ago when Lakers were fully on board with Bron at PG. However whether it is Bron, or someone else, the Lakers don't want Bron full time at PG. It was that one year, really.

Dennis was not worth 84M, and certainly not coming back. Then you have to look at probably going with Bron full time as a PG. I'm totally for Bron at PG, but I don't think Bron wants it or the Lakers FO. The main reason being the wear and tear on Bron. Just look at game 1 and see how easy Bron was getting his shots off There's a huge part of me that would love to see Bron at PG, AD, and then all those great shooting threats that defend. But a) Hield doesn't defend. b) Bron doesn't seem inclined to want to play PG full time or the Lakers don't want to. As soon as he won the ring, the very first thing they did is trade a starter for a PG. Once that PG failed, they went out and traded 3 other role players in the rotation for an all-star PG. None of these moves happen without Bron saying yes. He wants that PG. There's a reason. He wants to have a lighter load and play more of a MJ/Kobe role now. You look at the spots he was getting into, it's a lot easier for him than what he was doing 2 years ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jul 2018
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: We would be the favorite to win this year had we traded for Buddy

Nonamehero wrote:
Especially since Kyrie Irving has suspended himself.

Westbrook has negative impact on a winning team.
Anyone who can’t see that hasn’t follow his game, and just reading stats.

His game is too one dimensional and ball dominant, he sucks at off ball.
And he has low self awareness and low bb IQ.

The dude has talent, but at his age and his skill set, it just doesn’t fit on a championship aspiration team in this day and age.
We need exactly what Buddy Hield provide.
Which is a knock down shooter that create space for Lebron and Davis.
Buddy Hield is shooting at a clip of Klay Thompson right now.

Westbrook manage to not get past first round after Durant left.
And had the Thunder kept Harden and traded Westbrook, they probably already won a championship.

A prime Durant couldn’t even play with him at his prime.

We were all wishing Westbrook is more mature now and can play sidekick to Lebron and Davis.

But that’s not even his game, the dude is lost out there on the basketball court if he is not going at 1000% speed.

Washington traded John Wall (who is pretty much useless) for Westbrook, yet we gave up our championship piece for him. (We could have Buddy Hield)

Pelinka failed.

And Lebron being the Goat, is just a crappy GM, which follows the footstep of MJ.
But it is clearly GM fault for listening 100% to Lebron on this.


My issue is this is a very poor post. The byline is "We would be the favorite to win this year had we traded for Buddy", yet the entire post is why Westbrook doesn't fit/work on a winning team outside of a few sentences about Buddy's shooting. Where is the points, data, opinions to support Buddy would help a winning team, let alone the fact he'd tip the scales so much we'd be favored over the Bucks and Nets?

Buddy hasn't led the Kings to a winning record or playoff birth. In fact Buddy has been replaced in the starting lineup as with the emergence of Haliburton drafting of Mitchell and continued great play of Harrison Barnes.

I am with you in the thinking that Westbrook wasn't/isn't the right piece for the team and perhaps Buddy would help more than Westbrook. My issue is thinking he tips the scales as much as your post's headline suggests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 1892

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
We would have been deeper, more defensively talented, had we kept some of the role guys, but I don't think we were any more closer to a ring than we are today.

It will always come down to what Bron and AD do in the playoffs. If you look at this game 1 even, the Lakers had control. Until who went to the bench? Yes, Bron. That is when the Lakers lost control of the game.

Guys like Hield would have been awesome 2 years ago when Lakers were fully on board with Bron at PG. However whether it is Bron, or someone else, the Lakers don't want Bron full time at PG. It was that one year, really.

Dennis was not worth 84M, and certainly not coming back. Then you have to look at probably going with Bron full time as a PG. I'm totally for Bron at PG, but I don't think Bron wants it or the Lakers FO. The main reason being the wear and tear on Bron. Just look at game 1 and see how easy Bron was getting his shots off There's a huge part of me that would love to see Bron at PG, AD, and then all those great shooting threats that defend. But a) Hield doesn't defend. b) Bron doesn't seem inclined to want to play PG full time or the Lakers don't want to. As soon as he won the ring, the very first thing they did is trade a starter for a PG. Once that PG failed, they went out and traded 3 other role players in the rotation for an all-star PG. None of these moves happen without Bron saying yes. He wants that PG. There's a reason. He wants to have a lighter load and play more of a MJ/Kobe role now. You look at the spots he was getting into, it's a lot easier for him than what he was doing 2 years ago.


https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-lebron-james-dismisses-idea-load-management-prevents-injuries-i-feel-worse-when-i-play-low-minutes/

LBJ's Kobe like attitude towards playing time, defeats the entire purpose of signing Westbrook.

It would make sense if LBJ rested more, but he's not going to, so Westbrook only pays off if LBJ gets hurt for half the season and is back at full strength for the playoffs.

Westbrook serves a useful purpose if LBJ rests instead of statpads his already certain surpassing of most major statistical categories. If LBJ plays the same... Westbrook only pays off he gets hurt during the regular season. Doesn't really matter if Westbrook replaces LBJ in the playoffs because I don't think AD and Russ can win anything other than a maybe a first round series without Bron... and I doubt even that.

If LBJ was going to rest... I get the Westbrook choice over Buddy/KCP/Alex. But if he's not going to rest... then there was no point other than to choose his friend over the others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 6899

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:


Why shouldn't he be compared to Klay though?....



Yeah just stop saying he's as good as a healthy Klay.That's a joke to anyone that has actually watched them play. You can pick and choose stats to try and argue anything. Klay is a proven winner. Buddy has been nothing but a loser his entire career putting up empty stats on bad teams. Not saying he's a bad player or that he couldn't arguably fit better than Russ but he's not the kind of difference maker that would turn the Lakers from playoff losers into champions or the overwhelming favorites. If he was the Kings wouldn't be looking to trade him for Kuzma and the Lakers would have jumped all over that deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 27125

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

definitely, Buddy Hield is the next Kobe Bryant.
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB