LAKERS -vs- SUNS - 10/10 - Preseason Game Thread #4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 2065

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

So we could have had Heild, KCP, AC, Dwight, Rondo and all other min guys and we got WB..wow...#Robthegenius

I said it last year that it was a bad roster construction and we topped it this season .

I dont understand these crazy changes. All that needed was few tweaks...

I know our mantra now is its just pre season..

FYI: There is no full tank LBJ anymore unless u get 4 months off before playoffs. Its the truth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 7655

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
So we could have had Heild, KCP, AC, Dwight, Rondo and all other min guys and we got WB..wow...#Robthegenius

I said it last year that it was a bad roster construction and we topped it this season .

I dont understand these crazy changes. All that needed was few tweaks...

I know our mantra now is its just pre season..

FYI: There is no full tank LBJ anymore unless u get 4 months off before playoffs. Its the truth.



They might not make the NBA Finals unless LeBron has a Full Tank or close to a Full Tank.

If they give him enough rest during the regular season, then maybe they won't have HCA after the first round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 10960
Location: The Two One Three

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
AD ain't even waiting for the double...f coward.


You mean Dwight Howard?

AD is one of the toughest guys out there. Hardly a coward if that’s what you were calling him.


AD one of the toughest? FOH with that (bleep).


Ok tough guy…relax.
AD is having a solid game..

wat? You're the one that said AD is on one of the toughest guys out there which is f'king ludicrous...because he's not.


I meant he’s been tough in this game. He’s been all over the place. Dunking on people, rebounding, etc. that’s defined as tough…right?

No need to get pissy with me. I think AD had a solid tough game. My opinion.


B!tch......you came at me pissy first....don't say that ish when your ass is the one that came at me sideways like that initially.
_________________
The butter's hard and the eggs are chillin' in the dark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
B1ackchi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Oct 2007
Posts: 316
Location: Glendale, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Now we know why Nets didn’t play Jordan sheesh. Dude looks so bad out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 8196
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
AD ain't even waiting for the double...f coward.


You mean Dwight Howard?

AD is one of the toughest guys out there. Hardly a coward if that’s what you were calling him.


AD one of the toughest? FOH with that (bleep).


Ok tough guy…relax.
AD is having a solid game..

wat? You're the one that said AD is on one of the toughest guys out there which is f'king ludicrous...because he's not.


I meant he’s been tough in this game. He’s been all over the place. Dunking on people, rebounding, etc. that’s defined as tough…right?

No need to get pissy with me. I think AD had a solid tough game. My opinion.


B!tch......you came at me pissy first....don't say that ish when your ass is the one that came at me sideways like that initially.


Read the thread, bro. I was just disagreeing with your point about Davis.
You got hostile…
No need for that.
I have been a contributor here for 20 years…no need to be hostile and threatening..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 26748

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

B1ackchi wrote:
Now we know why Nets didn’t play Jordan sheesh. Dude looks so bad out there.


I haven’t seen a single thing he does for us other than the occasional alley oop, which is overwhelmingly negated by his bad D.

Rob continues to seal my perception of him that he has been more lucky than good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 5265

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
So we could have had Heild, KCP, AC, Dwight, Rondo and all other min guys and we got WB..wow...#Robthegenius


Lakers would be a far better team with Buddy, KCP and the first round pick instead of WB. I’d still bring in Nunn with MMLE and then try to package the 1st round pick to upgrade the roster even more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vancouverthrowback
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 15 Oct 2020
Posts: 90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Who cares if it's pre season? It's not acceptable to lose by 30 every game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 1222

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

B1ackchi wrote:
Now we know why Nets didn’t play Jordan sheesh. Dude looks so bad out there.

It's like night and day between him and Howard. Can they release this dude?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 1222

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

vancouverthrowback wrote:
Who cares if it's pre season? It's not acceptable to lose by 30 every game


Sorry but losing is one thing but getting your arse totally whipped in just about every categorry for 4 games shows there's a bit of a problem.
This will continue into the regular season, and guys will start bailing out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 4080

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

AD's rounding into form. Good to see Melo knocking down 3s in rhythm. Great stuff from Baze tonight. And Dwiiiiiiight

one guy I'm worried about is Nunn. dude looks invisible in his minutes/never has the ball. wonder if he's a trade candidate for a wing after the AS break
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 2496

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I guess this is the new Piss and Moan thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2020
Posts: 571

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook had two Shaqtin' a Fool passes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 6560
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
So we could have had Heild, KCP, AC, Dwight, Rondo and all other min guys and we got WB..wow...#Robthegenius


Lakers would be a far better team with Buddy, KCP and the first round pick instead of WB. I’d still bring in Nunn with MMLE and then try to package the 1st round pick to upgrade the roster even more.

If we traded for Buddy instead, who would've been our point guard?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 5265

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
So we could have had Heild, KCP, AC, Dwight, Rondo and all other min guys and we got WB..wow...#Robthegenius


Lakers would be a far better team with Buddy, KCP and the first round pick instead of WB. I’d still bring in Nunn with MMLE and then try to package the 1st round pick to upgrade the roster even more.

If we traded for Buddy instead, who would've been our point guard?


Who was our PG when the Lakers won the championship? Lebron will always be our defacto PG. Rondo and Nunn could be our backups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Posts: 2580

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject:

How long before lakers package a deal to send Westbrook out lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 26748

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
So we could have had Heild, KCP, AC, Dwight, Rondo and all other min guys and we got WB..wow...#Robthegenius


Lakers would be a far better team with Buddy, KCP and the first round pick instead of WB. I’d still bring in Nunn with MMLE and then try to package the 1st round pick to upgrade the roster even more.

If we traded for Buddy instead, who would've been our point guard?


Same guys that led us to a title.

I imagine we also would have prioritized our offseason differently. No need for Ellington and possibly Nunn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: Lake Nacimiento

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
So we could have had Heild, KCP, AC, Dwight, Rondo and all other min guys and we got WB..wow...#Robthegenius


Lakers would be a far better team with Buddy, KCP and the first round pick instead of WB. I’d still bring in Nunn with MMLE and then try to package the 1st round pick to upgrade the roster even more.

If we traded for Buddy instead, who would've been our point guard?


Who was our PG when the Lakers won the championship? Lebron will always be our defacto PG. Rondo and Nunn could be our backups.


Well, it's an 82 game season again and Bron is def. not getting younger.. That's a disaster just waiting to happen in 2021 because if he gets hurt at all the team is absolute trash and if we don't have wins stacked up like last year to sustain it we're likely out of the Playoffs.

Rondo and Nunn are great as backups or for a rest management game here or there but they knew they needed to get Bron legit pg help which Westbrook clearly brings once he gets a better feel for his teammates. It's a fantastic regular season move but only time will tell how well it works throughout the Playoffs.

People are being massively over dramatic which is fine but personally I saw a few nice things the last couple games to take away. That lineup with Baze, Westbrook, AD and Dwight is already capable of some fantastic defensive stretches which was great to see (add a top 3 player in the NBA to those 4 and I see some decent potential). The team clearly needs a lot more time together but considering we have 3 guys injured already and AD got beat up all game while Westbrook also had some kind of minor shoulder injury I get there hesitancy to play the vets too much in pre-season.

It's not ideal at all but only 2 games in the first 9 are against legit tough teams so i'm guessing that will be a big time feeling out period where they can still win a good amount of those games on talent alone.. After that, hopefully they have at least some beginnings of good chemistry to build on and they'll be fine imo.

Look at the Miami Heat, they had some big time growing pains and that with a prime Bron and Wade so patience is key to this roster to say the least. They're clearly the best team in the West imo with only health as a major (major, major) deterrent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 546

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject:

The center position is going to be a very strong factor this season. I am loving the physicality of that spot. Just my observation thus far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2016
Posts: 1028

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:16 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
So we could have had Heild, KCP, AC, Dwight, Rondo and all other min guys and we got WB..wow...#Robthegenius


Lakers would be a far better team with Buddy, KCP and the first round pick instead of WB. I’d still bring in Nunn with MMLE and then try to package the 1st round pick to upgrade the roster even more.

If we traded for Buddy instead, who would've been our point guard?


Who was our PG when the Lakers won the championship? Lebron will always be our defacto PG. Rondo and Nunn could be our backups.


Well, it's an 82 game season again and Bron is def. not getting younger.. That's a disaster just waiting to happen in 2021 because if he gets hurt at all the team is absolute trash and if we don't have wins stacked up like last year to sustain it we're likely out of the Playoffs.

Rondo and Nunn are great as backups or for a rest management game here or there but they knew they needed to get Bron legit pg help which Westbrook clearly brings once he gets a better feel for his teammates. It's a fantastic regular season move but only time will tell how well it works throughout the Playoffs.

People are being massively over dramatic which is fine but personally I saw a few nice things the last couple games to take away. That lineup with Baze, Westbrook, AD and Dwight is already capable of some fantastic defensive stretches which was great to see (add a top 3 player in the NBA to those 4 and I see some decent potential). The team clearly needs a lot more time together but considering we have 3 guys injured already and AD got beat up all game while Westbrook also had some kind of minor shoulder injury I get there hesitancy to play the vets too much in pre-season.

It's not ideal at all but only 2 games in the first 9 are against legit tough teams so i'm guessing that will be a big time feeling out period where they can still win a good amount of those games on talent alone.. After that, hopefully they have at least some beginnings of good chemistry to build on and they'll be fine imo.

Look at the Miami Heat, they had some big time growing pains and that with a prime Bron and Wade so patience is key to this roster to say the least. They're clearly the best team in the West imo with only health as a major (major, major) deterrent.


If Lebron gets injured again, we're out either way. Last year he was given plenty of time to rest, we didnt rush him. He was still a shell of himself in the first round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 13374

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ksig wrote:
We're gonna suck for the first 1/3 of the season. We'll get better with more time for sure but we shouldnt be getting blown out by 30 every game with or without lebron


Same stuff we heard last year, and then injuries happened right when we were supposed to 'turn it on'. Which put us in a desperate situation from then on.


I dont remember that last year. I'm not sure you do either. We had a hot start and we looked good in preseason. This team.is looking bad because of chemistry. It'll get better if frank has q clue.
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Reds622
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 May 2015
Posts: 605

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

If this team is relying on Carmelo Anthony to be anything more than a fringe contributor…

Then we are in real trouble.

Might have too many guys with big egos on this team. Might be tough for Vogel to rein them all in and place them in a proper role.

I must say I’m a little nervous about how all these guys fit together.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 89067
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
AD ain't even waiting for the double...f coward.


You mean Dwight Howard?

AD is one of the toughest guys out there. Hardly a coward if that’s what you were calling him.


AD one of the toughest? FOH with that (bleep).


Ok tough guy…relax.
AD is having a solid game..

wat? You're the one that said AD is on one of the toughest guys out there which is f'king ludicrous...because he's not.


I meant he’s been tough in this game. He’s been all over the place. Dunking on people, rebounding, etc. that’s defined as tough…right?

No need to get pissy with me. I think AD had a solid tough game. My opinion.


B!tch......you came at me pissy first....don't say that ish when your ass is the one that came at me sideways like that initially.


No he didn’t (reference “shut yo ass ra ra guy” on page 7), and your anger jockey routine is not acceptable. You are allowed to be upset over the loss. You are not allowed to go ham on anyone who isn’t.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 39158

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Highlights https://youtu.be/0bxE92YO_fI
_________________
“God knew they couldn’t be on this Earth without each other. He had to bring them home to heaven together.”

— Vanessa Bryant
https://youtu.be/SX3IZULkWx8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 10960
Location: The Two One Three

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
AD ain't even waiting for the double...f coward.


You mean Dwight Howard?

AD is one of the toughest guys out there. Hardly a coward if that’s what you were calling him.


AD one of the toughest? FOH with that (bleep).


Ok tough guy…relax.
AD is having a solid game..

wat? You're the one that said AD is on one of the toughest guys out there which is f'king ludicrous...because he's not.


I meant he’s been tough in this game. He’s been all over the place. Dunking on people, rebounding, etc. that’s defined as tough…right?

No need to get pissy with me. I think AD had a solid tough game. My opinion.


B!tch......you came at me pissy first....don't say that ish when your ass is the one that came at me sideways like that initially.


No he didn’t (reference “shut yo ass ra ra guy” on page 7), and your anger jockey routine is not acceptable. You are allowed to be upset over the loss. You are not allowed to go ham on anyone who isn’t.


Yeah, I apologize for my harsh words. That was part vodka talking, part frustration with the team that I love, and part anth2000 coming into the game threads telling "everybody needs to calm the hell down". Fans telling other fans how they should act - especially in a game thread meant for venting - just gets my ire and annoys me to no end. But that still doesn't warrant my hostile nature and I do apologize to anth200 for calling him the "B word". Totally uncalled for on my part.
_________________
The butter's hard and the eggs are chillin' in the dark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB