LAKERS -at- WARRIORS - 10/8 - Preseason Game Thread #3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Don’t give a damn if we lose the remaining three preseason games, if anything I welcome it.

It might make us even more pissed off to start the season where we face the Warriors and the Suns the first two games.
Followed by Grizzlies, Spurs, Thunder, Cavs, Rockets, Rockets, Thunder, Blazers, Hornets, Heat, Twolves and Spurs.

11 of those 14 games at Staples Center.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Takeaways after watching the entire game. Vogel is going to have to quickly identify his minus defenders, and mix them in with the better defenders. The offense is understandably sloppy (hence the gratuitous number of turnovers). Compounding that with having too many sub-par defenders sharing the floor at once, and... Just, ew.

Reaves has impressed, and that putting it lightly. THT is slowly getting into a rhythm, and improving each game. Lakers shot themselves in the foot with all the turnovers. Guys are either running around like headless chickens, or just standing like statues, on offense. Extremely unbalanced. Defense looked better, until the Warriors started running the fastbreak, off turnovers, built a huge lead, and started shooting freely. Can't do that in the regular season. That's be a recipe for a coaching change, no doubt. And, possibly more.

Vogel is going to have to really earn that next contract.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
slavavov wrote:
If I'm coach Vogel I play all the main rotation guys in the rest of the preseason games. This team is behind when it comes to chemistry, rhythm and cohesion, and they need time on the floor together to be ready for the regular season.

Word.

I don’t understand not playing them at all. At least let them play a quarter.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Takeaways after watching the entire game. Vogel is going to have to quickly identify his minus defenders, and mix them in with the better defenders. The offense is understandably sloppy (hence the gratuitous number of turnovers). Compounding that with having too many sub-par defenders sharing the floor at once, and... Just, ew.

Reaves has impressed, and that putting it lightly. THT is slowly getting into a rhythm, and improving each game. Lakers shot themselves in the foot with all the turnovers. Guys are either running around like headless chickens, or just standing like statues, on offense. Extremely unbalanced. Defense looked better, until the Warriors started running the fastbreak, off turnovers, built a huge lead, and started shooting freely. Can't do that in the regular season. That's be a recipe for a coaching change, no doubt. And, possibly more.

Great write up…forgot to include, “welcome back Dwight” - love having g him back.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

12 players got PT tonight and I don’t expect that to be happening in the regular season.

Not a short rotation like in the playoffs but probably around 8-10 players a game.

Vogel and Company definitely trying to figure it out in this preseason.
Good to get these type of kinks out now for sure.

Hopefully this Sunday we get Bron, Brow and Brodie for the first time together.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

I can see the issue with Nunn, rondo, THT off the bench which they shouldn’t. Too much size give up. Nunn was our MLE and young, THT obviously is playing, so I can see rondo playing less especially in the regular season. Pushing THT to 3 needs lebron or AD at the 4, or we’d be too small.
DJ is kind of weak, I was hoping they kept Gasol.

Back up 4 is going to be an issue if Lebron or AD load manages. Melo is not a good option.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

Great write up…forgot to include, “welcome back Dwight” - love having g him back.

A very emphatic "Welcome back Dwight!". Love having his presence, and physicality, back. And, thanks for the compliment.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Takeaways….bazemore sucks. There’s gotta be better options out there for SG. Ellington looks lost on d too. Monk needs to come off the bench. Spacing is awful
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Takeaways….bazemore sucks. There’s gotta be better options out there for SG. Ellington looks lost on d too. Monk needs to come off the bench. Spacing is awful

Wow. That's an oversimplification. And, inaccurate as well.

Granted, Bazemore didn't shoot particularly well. But, his defense was on point. One of the few solid wing defenders on the team, at present. Ellington IS a bad defender. And, his poor shooting has not made up for this. I don't believe Monk was going to be starter, anyways. I believe that goes to Bazemore, imo. Could be wrong, but unless Ellington shocks the world the rest of the preseason...
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Spacing is awful. First WB/LBJ game together, came out of the blocks with Melo in tow looking like hot crap.

Only the first game from the 2 superstars who sat the first 2. I'm not too worried about the sloppy, horrid offense that was supposed to be the saving grace that covers up our gaping holes on defense. It's just early preseason.

I do expect improvement soon though. Reaves, Howard, Rondo were a lot more fun to watch tonight.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Highlights
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject:

I loved what I saw out there. Yall are really critical. Try to have fun. This season is not another project you have to deliver on a deadline. Enjoy the ride
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Always hate to watch the Warriors play. Uneventful debut by LBJ and Russ bit Dwight dominated, nothing much to dissect.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject:

Looks like Dwight stayed in shape and hungry during the offseason...

I do get confused though by the jersey numbers...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:33 am    Post subject:

If Monk and Melo are our top two snipers, can the big 3 cover them on defense?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

Against the GSW's, Lakers were great on rebounds with 56 Vs. 42. However,
preseason or not we need to take care of the ball 27 TO's is not a good
thing; sloppy.

Coach will need to decide & play the starters and let them begin to build a
little synergy out there just so we don't begin to find it during the season.

Nothing alarming (it's preseason), but I think it's just time to use this
time to mold the rotation in the next few games....

Hopefully no-one gets hurt as we get it going...
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Spacing is awful. First WB/LBJ game together, came out of the blocks with Melo in tow looking like hot crap.

Only the first game from the 2 superstars who sat the first 2. I'm not too worried about the sloppy, horrid offense that was supposed to be the saving grace that covers up our gaping holes on defense. It's just early preseason.

I do expect improvement soon though. Reaves, Howard, Rondo were a lot more fun to watch tonight.

I agree that starting lineup looked like they had no idea of what was going on. They really looked old and slow and it wasn't until that lineup with Rondo, Howard, Reeves, THT and Nunn took over and looked like modern basketball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: