RIP Gabriella "Gabby" Petito - 9.19.21; UPDATE: Brian Laundrie Autopsy shows he died by suicide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Dude Escaped

The Attorney and the Local police KNEW where Brian was on Thursday in Florida and said so on TV.. sigh
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject:

Something I don't understand

Can't LE name him a suspect "in her disappearance" and bring him in on that? (His actions would make anyone with enough oxygen to rub two brain cells together know he isn't 100% innocent!)
They railroad and wrongly convict plenty of people. What penalties are they facing if they find the smallest thing to make him a suspect which allows them to move forward with arrest and interrogation?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject:

The more I hear about these two morons, the more I want them to be really gone.

EDIT

This was tasteless and ugly. I regret posting it.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM

Last edited by C M B on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

^^LMAO - You bastid.. you are useful just for this alone! You are my Dark Humor Master
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
C M B wrote:

^^LMAO - You bastid.. you are useful just for this alone! You are my Dark Humor Master

petito, potahto, let's call the whole thing off

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

Can't LE name him a suspect "in her disappearance" and bring him in on that? (His actions would make anyone with enough oxygen to rub two brain cells together know he isn't 100% innocent!)
They railroad and wrongly convict plenty of people. What penalties are they facing if they find the smallest thing to make him a suspect which allows them to move forward with arrest and interrogation?

It's hard to treat him as a "suspect" if they don't know there is an actual crime. An adult woman is unaccounted for, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he, or anyone else, is responsible for that or that she isn't choosing to be in hiding for whatever reason.

I'm not advocating for the guy, just pointing out the difficulties faced by the authorities.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
C M B wrote:

"… I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors . . ."
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
He has now been named a person of interest. The Utah police released the full body cam video of their domestic dispute stop that took place before she went missing.

https://abc7ny.com/11024439/

Have no idea why this pretty young woman was with this creepy guy in the first place. As a father of a daughter of similar age, I wish the police would just allow the girls father to go in and drag the boyfriend out of that house to "answer some questions".

Sadly, it feels like we all know what happened....and now it will just be finding out how it happened.

I keep thinking of those serial killers that would prey on naive, vulnerable woman that we kept on hearing about in the 60's, 70's and 80's...Unfortunately the guy's behavior after returning from the trip alone is a huge red flag.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
C M B wrote:

"… I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors . . ."

Things have come to a pretty pass
Our romance is growing flat,
For you like this and the other
While I go for this and that,
Goodness knows what the end will be
Oh I don't know where I'm at
It looks as if we two will never be one
Something must be done:

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

It's hard to treat him as a "suspect" if they don't know there is an actual crime. An adult woman is unaccounted for, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he, or anyone else, is responsible for that or that she isn't choosing to be in hiding for whatever reason.

I'm not advocating for the guy, just pointing out the difficulties faced by the authorities.

I know jack re the details of this thing, but I ain't gonna let that stop me from opining. They need some guise of probable cause to make him more than a person of interest. This is the surveillance and follow him around and take garbage he's dumb enough to put on the curb with incriminating stuff in it time, etc. Good thing is that from an avid forensic show watcher, many killers are ignorant of the law's forensic capabilities and do make mistakes that are stupefying even to the viewer who's glad they're dumb enough to leave the syringe and vial of succinylcholine or "sux" they used to kill the person inside the home, e.g.

That was a male nurse who shot up a colleague who rebuffed him. Used his own access code to get the "Sux" (anesthetic deadly sans airway support, hospital stuff) from the dispensing machine at work, shoots up the victim for a headache saying it was a pain reliever (she was unaware he overheard her calling him a stalker and a creepy lil man to her GF at a party and that he was intent on killing her and she accepted injections for migraines before -- she strung him along for the good pharmas). He does it and then leaves all the sh in a neatly tied plastic bag in her trash can including the syringe cap with his DNA (many nurses pull those caps off with their mouths) and the vial with the access code leading back to his job. He didn't realize he left his DNA on the cap.

He was booksmart enough to know Sux dissipates within minutes leaving no trace even in sensitive blood tests and that a general pathologist (as opposed to a much rarer forensic pathologist) would have to specifically test for it which wasn't probable if they were happy to accept the coroner's conclusion and many other factors a med pro or Forensic Files watcher might know. The difference between general and forensic pathology is yuge and has much to do with why JFK's autopsy done by non-Dr.Michael-Badens is now fodder for truther nuts forever more. But anyway, even booksmarts doesn't make up for streetsmarts, Muley. You're sketchy in both areas, so be good. Just sayin.

A lot of goons don't realize not to leave the gloves they wore to prevent fingerprints because their DNA is in them, sweat and skin cells. Same with clothes and skimasks. They just casually drop their DNA, sh like that. And like Mickey Rourke told Will Hurt in Body Heat, there's 100 ways you can F up a murder. If you can think of 50, you're a genius. Some jabroneys still bleep themselves by licking envelopes used in crimes.

This one might take time, maybe years, but if he left his dwelling, they can search it lest he owns the place. Cold cases have been solved 15-25 yrs after a suspect has vacated a dwelling where evidence like blood remains. Luminol works decades later on old cleaned up or repainted blood. This guy will get caught. Hopefully, he's not that rare Gary Condit and doesn't go away after a real creep got her. Maybe she left and a real pred got her (think The Vanishing) and now he's sweating, but merely disappearing is obv suspect.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
adkindo wrote:
He has now been named a person of interest. The Utah police released the full body cam video of their domestic dispute stop that took place before she went missing.

https://abc7ny.com/11024439/

Have no idea why this pretty young woman was with this creepy guy in the first place. As a father of a daughter of similar age, I wish the police would just allow the girls father to go in and drag the boyfriend out of that house to "answer some questions".

Sadly, it feels like we all know what happened....and now it will just be finding out how it happened.

They both had mental health issues. It may be that she harmed herself, rather he harmed her. Or some joint pact that he backed out of or something.

In any event, it's not a 5th Amendment problem, it's an evidence problem.

I would also remind you, adkindo, that there are "pretty young women" psychopaths, and the police encounters seem to show her as the physically aggressive one. That being said - and with the scrutiny they're getting from mishandling the gymnasts - I'd be stunned if the FBI isn't out getting search warrants for everything this guy has touched since kindergarten.

I never said anything about the 5th amendment. In the video I saw.....she is like so many young women (and men) her age....just emotional and immature. I did not get any signs of "psychopath".
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

They could have sought a warrant immediately for any possessions of his (or anyone that resided in the house).....computers, phones, etc. simply based on the missing persons case.....basically anything in that van or in that house because she resided with him in the house. That was a big error by the local police, and why State Police and FBI should have been involved from the get go.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

They found a body, looks like the suspect took a head start and went into hiding.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/us/gabby-petito-missing-sunday/index.html

Quote:
(CNN)[BREAKING NEWS update, 5:23 p.m. ET]

A body was found Sunday in a national forest in Teton County, Wyoming, County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue told CNN.
Blue said additional details were unavailable.

Authorities had been searching for any sign of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito in Grand Teton National Park.
The FBI's Denver field office announced on Twitter that authorities would hold a news conference regarding Petito's disappearance at 4 p.m. MT in Grand Teton National Park.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Life is hard in general but having a daughter must be brutal. I have 2 nieces and you can see the stress my brother has.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
They found a body, looks like the suspect took a head start and went into hiding.

Quote:
(CNN)[<b>BREAKING NEWS</b> update, 5:23 p.m. ET]

A body was found Sunday in a national forest in Teton County, Wyoming, County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue told CNN.

Authorities had been searching for any sign of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito in Grand Teton National Park.
The FBI's Denver field office announced on Twitter that authorities would hold a news conference regarding Petito's disappearance at 4 p.m. MT in Grand Teton National Park.

his body will probably be the next one they find
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Quote:
(CNN)[<b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b> update, 5:23 p.m. ET]

his body will probably be the next one they find

Was just about to post the same thing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Imagine getting that call as a parent.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Sure we will know within a day or so what condition she was found.....as in was she covered up or attempted to be hidden.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

How is there not a warrant on this guy already? He’s obviously guilty of something.

Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
How is there not a warrant on this guy already? He’s obviously guilty of something.

This statement belongs in the "Political" thread.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

???
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

To answer Cane’s question, there isn’t a warrant out because there is a lack of probable cause to charge, and the police must release a suspect in short order unless they have evidence to charge; so they don’t usually make arrests just because they have a pretty decent idea based on the circumstances. They need evidence. The body will certainly move them forward (establishing a crime and perhaps linking him to it). But remember, right now she’s missing and we don’t know what happened. Our suspicions are likely going to turn out correct but that’s not how the law works, for good reason.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

???

I think it might be a joke referencing That Former President Guy . . .?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
To answer Cane’s question, there isn’t a warrant out because there is a lack of probable cause to charge, and the police must release a suspect in short order unless they have evidence to charge; so they don’t usually make arrests just because they have a pretty decent idea based on the circumstances. They need evidence. The body will certainly move them forward (establishing a crime and perhaps linking him to it). But remember, right now she’s missing and we don’t know what happened. Our suspicions are likely going to turn out correct but that’s not how the law works, for good reason.

They are 90% certain they found her body and have started searching the guy's home in Florida, which they wouldn't be doing without some solid sense of just cause, or else they'd be risking anything they find being tossed for illegal search and seizure.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

They are 90% certain they found her body and have started searching the guy's home in Florida, which they wouldn't be doing without some solid sense of just cause, or else they'd be risking anything they find being tossed for illegal search and seizure.

Probable cause for a search and probable cause for an arrest are very different. The searches will hopefully turn up the evidence required to charge him. Then he can be arrested.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: