COVID-19 vaccine will not be required for NBA players ahead of new season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
C M B wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
I'm sorry for KAT's loss but he also doesn't know why people don't want to get the vaccine its their decision not his.

He knows, like the rest of us know, that they don't have a why.

A "why" you don't agree with.

Regardless like cathy78 says its their decision and that's really all it comes down to.

No, I don't agree with it, because vaccinations are only controversial for the stupid.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
LG showing its boomer values again in this thread.

People saying it’s “their choice,” understand that they do have a choice even if there’s a mandate. They can sit out the season. Tired of this crap from borderline anti-vaxxers.

The NBA isn't mandating its players into getting it though that's the point of this thread.

If they could have gotten LeBron to go along with this they would've but he's balking at it which IMO is the only reason it hasn't been mandated.

It would require player's union approval and LBJ has huge sway in that respect. The NBA has nothing to gain by fighting that battle. DS going out late in the season really screwed over our post-season, but the NBA did fine. Teams really need to be the ones encouraging wise decisions.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
markjay wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
They should just play all the games outdoors for a season.

Yeah, people could even bring their pets!

That actually sounds like a lot of fun.

I saw a tweet where the Mariners have bring your dog nights. Complete with a lion king camera where people posed with their dogs in a lion king pose. It looked like a lot of fun.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
C M B wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
I'm sorry for KAT's loss but he also doesn't know why people don't want to get the vaccine its their decision not his.

Regardless like cathy78 says its their decision and that's really all it comes down to.

No, I don't agree with it, because vaccinations are only controversial for the stupid.

Or those who have had adverse reactions to them. Some people can't take vaccines for health reasons I don't think they're stupid because of it.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
C M B wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
C M B wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Or those who have had adverse reactions to them. Some people can't take vaccines for health reasons I don't think they're stupid because of it.

We should disregard the handful of freak cases when it comes to discussions like these.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
C M B wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
C M B wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

There is a tiny fraction of the population that present any meaningful adverse reactions that justify not getting vaccinated. The vast majority of those refusing the vaccine are doing so for either stubborn or ignorant reasons.

The one undeniable thing is that not being vaccinated not only puts that individual at risk, but puts others at risk. There's a reason we have been requiring vaccines for over a century.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: