KENDRICK NUNN Officially a Laker Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Hopefully, he is not traded as we will get pennies on the dollar for him. He is a player, and I expect that he will bring a lot to the table. Rob could go to hero status as he very well can be a Monk type (or better) signing. Hopefully he has enough time to gel and get his legs back because a Nunn/Monk backcourt could cause teams fits. I was stoked with his signing.

I think a healthy Nunn would have changed a lot of things.

But imagine if we had given Monk the MMLE instead. We could then use non Bird rights to pay 120% off of that, then give him an Early Bird raise after next season.

But I hope he can come back. He's a baller, but something is not right with him being out this long. And if he's traded for an impact player who can help now, it is understandable.

Never really followed dude like that in Miami, but there is a reason they renounced his rights and he became available. Other than the obvious fiscal factor, they essentially chose Dipo over Nunn for a reason.

As for Monk, Mitch strikes again haha. Seriously tho, I would take Mitch back (sans Jimbo) with open arms over the current asset managers we have.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Hopefully, he is not traded as we will get pennies on the dollar for him. He is a player, and I expect that he will bring a lot to the table. Rob could go to hero status as he very well can be a Monk type (or better) signing. Hopefully he has enough time to gel and get his legs back because a Nunn/Monk backcourt could cause teams fits. I was stoked with his signing.

But imagine if we had given Monk the MMLE instead. We could then use non Bird rights to pay 120% off of that, then give him an Early Bird raise after next season.

But I hope he can come back. He's a baller, but something is not right with him being out this long. And if he's traded for an impact player who can help now, it is understandable.

Never really followed dude like that in Miami, but there is a reason they renounced his rights and he became available. Other than the obvious fiscal factor, they essentially chose Dipo over Nunn for a reason.

As for Monk, Mitch strikes again haha. Seriously tho, I would take Mitch back (sans Jimbo) with open arms over the current asset managers we have.

Agreed V man.

Miami is not stupid. Monk is the classic off court issues (coke), let’s not touch him. So he gets a tryout with the Lakers and can cash out now.

This is the thing when names are thrown out lol. People recognize names but don’t see if the reputation still holds. Good example is all the proposals for Sacramento Kings, just ignoring that Sac is dying to get rid of Hield, Bagley, etc.

Basically, they are available for a reason…they are flawed players that have been losing basketball games for a LONG time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I remember though when the Lakers signed him for the MMLE, a lot of the pundits and others were shocked at how cheap he was. He was a good pickup for $5m at the time. Just not sure why a bone bruise is keeping him out this long.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Agreed V man.

Miami is not stupid. Monk is the classic off court issues (coke), let’s not touch him. So he gets a tryout with the Lakers and can cash out now.

This is the thing when names are thrown out lol. People recognize names but don’t see if the reputation still holds. Good example is all the proposals for Sacramento Kings, just ignoring that Sac is dying to get rid of Hield, Bagley, etc.

Basically, they are available for a reason…they are flawed players that have been losing basketball games for a LONG time.

It has nothing to do with Nunn. We were lucky to get Monk and I think the same about Nunn (eventually). Miami stuck it to Nunn while they waited for the FA $ to dry up and then rescinded their QO (angering the NBPA). He was projected to make about 15 million per. He did a good job for them (averaging 14.6 ppg and 38% from 3) last season. The Heat were heavy in the back court (they knew they had Lowry in the bag) and signed Victor to a vets min. Nunn played great for them down the stretch (last 20 games) and actually played well for them against us during the championship. He was instrumental in keeping them out of the play in tournament last season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Agreed V man.

It has nothing to do with Nunn. We were lucky to get Monk and I think the same about Nunn (eventually). Miami stuck it to Nunn while they waited for the FA $ to dry up and then rescinded their QO (angering the NBPA). He was projected to make about 15 million per. He did a good job for them (averaging 14.6 ppg and 38% from 3) last season. The Heat were heavy in the back court (they knew they had Lowry in the bag) and signed Victor to a vets min. Nunn played great for them down the stretch (last 20 games) and actually played well for them against us during the championship. He was instrumental in keeping them out of the play in tournament last season.

Agreed. Every time he played us, I thought Nunn was a nice player. He torched us in Game 1 of the Finals too.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

^All I know is if someone is that important to your squad, you find a way. So imo something was up, especially for a team that has said they would trade Duncan Robinson in the right move.

Which shows just how bad LeGM/Rob/Jeanie (bleep) up with Caruso. Now we have pickup basketball players in his place.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject:

On another note, I would like to point out that using the Laker games as the barometer for players can lead to outlier conclusions.

Most NBA players have their career games against the Lakers. Most recent one was Ish Smith who had his best game this season among a trash past 10 games lol.

Edit: and this is not to say I don’t like Nunn. I do. Maybe the Heat knew something about this mysterious bone bruise.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject:

Well we can hope that Miami made a mistake like numerous teams always do (see Charlotte with Monk or the Lakers with AC).
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject:

^@LSD: Monk had (has?) a coke problem??? Damn! We need MJ to give him the “what did the 5 fingers say…?” talk again.

https://gfycat.com/frailclumsybat

As for Nunn, you are right fellas in that Nunn was done dirty by having his QO rescinded mostly after the free agency pool had dried up…but Miami did this after locking up Duncan and PJ Tucker. So they clearly valued those players over Nunn as well.

Either way, most of our signings have always been reactive instead of proactive. It’s why I think we will have a decent get via the buyoutSZN, but that still doesn’t mean Nunn will be our savior this season. Obviously he was available for a reason.

Edit: on 2nd thought, maybe we shouldn’t be proactive; see Schro/Russ trades

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

I honestly think we have a better chance at Nunn being our savior then hoping to get salvation from a trade that we will not make or getting a quality player from the buyouts.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

You guys don't know how good this cat is.

Not only is he efficient but he is VeRY aggressive something we don't have other than in Monk at the guard spots.

He is a starter in this league. If he hasn't been able to play it's because he is obviously hurt.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Might not necessarily matter. If Monk had Nunn's contract, he might opt out of the second year to see what deal he could get on the free agent market.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Hoping for K.dot to come back soon…nah, there will be nunn of that.

Quote:
Frank said Kendrick Nunn's doing more on the court work but "still not really ramped up where he's close to playing"

https://twitter.com/CooperHalpern/status/1490801144595030018

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Hoping for K.dot to come back soon…nah, there will be nunn of that.

Quote:
Frank said Kendrick Nunn's doing more on the court work but "still not really ramped up where he's close to playing"

https://twitter.com/CooperHalpern/status/1490801144595030018

He was questionable for the Knicks game.

#bonebruise
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Still not close to returning, gonna have to package him with THT for a wing.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Can Lakers apply for injury exemption with Nunn?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Nice
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Still never heard of a bone bruise taking 6 months to heal.....it must have been an ACL or MCL tear or something else. I am not buying the bone bruise crap.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

In order to get a disabled player exemption, a doctor appointed by the NBA would have to determine that Nunn is substantially unlikely to return by June 15. It's hard to imagine a doctor making that determination with an injury as unpredictable as a bone bruise.

Even if we got the exemption, it doesn't create an extra roster space. It would only give us $2.5 million to sign a replacement for the rest of the year. So, realistically, there probably isn't anyone we'd want to use it on anyway.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

This is fishy. If he’s not moved he plays after deadline. I feel like he’s being hidden. Dude is good
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject:

The team doesn't have the luxury of "hiding" players right now.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject:

After watching Julius, Marcus, and Ibaka abuse our guards, I'm no longer convinced you can rely on Nunn in crunch time. Even though he hasn't played a minute for us, I wouldn't hesitate to include him in a deal for a 2-way wing.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Kendrick Nunn's October/November Highlights | KIA Rookie of the Month
Dec 4, 2019

A lot of athleticism and speed and skill and youth
Video above I saw a nice chase down block against Russ

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Kendrick Nunn 27 Points, 5 Threes Full Highlights vs Lakers | February 20, 2021 | 2020-21 NBA Season
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Would totally hate him if he declines his player option for next season. He's probably not going to play this season...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 12 of 30
Jump to: