Thank you MALIK MONK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
His Potential, is extremely high, however when I look at a player like him and then a player like JA.
I realize exactly how much potential doesn't mean anything!!!

I hope he sticks around and carves out a role for himself for years to come on the Lakers, we've always lacked a true outside threat and he at least provides that. Who knows maybe one day he'll be...

Not sure who the lakers can retain him after this season. He bet on himself, and he’s going to get paid.

Keep in mind that he could've gotten paid this year if he wanted. He had way more lucrative offer(s) than the Lakers. Like Otto Porter wanted to be with GS, he wanted to be a Laker.

Hope he still does after this season.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
His Potential, is extremely high, however when I look at a player like him and then a player like JA.

I hope he sticks around and carves out a role for himself for years to come on the Lakers, we've always lacked a true outside threat and he at least provides that. Who knows maybe one day he'll be...

Not sure who the lakers can retain him after this season. He bet on himself, and he’s going to get paid.

Keep in mind that he could've gotten paid this year if he wanted. He had way more lucrative offer(s) than the Lakers. Like Otto Porter wanted to be with GS, he wanted to be a Laker.

In all honesty, I'm not worried about him resigning with the Lakers, as he will be a counter-part to pair with AD for a long time to come if the Lakers plan on keeping AD that is. Either way, he's a Keeper and although we may have to keep Westbrook this season, we definitely will leverage him next year to keep Monk! At least we better!!!

The Lakers made some BIG mistakes in the off-season, however we maybe able to salvage mid-year and still make the playoffs. Monk was one of the bright spots as well as the potential signing of Johnson. These guys could legit be part of the Lakers future to come...
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

When you say "I'm not worried" you mean you're very confident he's coming back, right? If so, I pretty much agree. If not, it's not a certainty anyway. We are extremely fortunate that he chose us. Imagine him developing for the next couple of seasons with championship level players.

All that we gave up for Russ could mitigated a bit if we can keep him.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Did Monk actually receive any bigger offers? I never saw anything reported about that.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Did Monk actually receive any bigger offers? I never saw anything reported about that.

I've never heard anything about that, either. It's possible that he had an offer for more than minimum, but if so, I doubt that it was a lot more.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

I actually don't think he did receive any bigger offers at that time. He chose us relatively quickly after Charlotte pulled their qualifying offer. It was just, as one article I read put it at the time, an "assumption" he would have received bigger offers.

I made that assumption too, but I can't say I read or heard of better offers.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

I actually don't think he did receive any bigger offers at that time. He chose us relatively quickly after Charlotte pulled their qualifying offer. It was just, as one article I read put it at the time, an "assumption" he would have received bigger offers.

You got to remember his suspension from using Cocaine as well which is imo far and away the biggest reason not only Charlotte pulling the qualifying offer but no other teams offering much beyond the minimum. I'm sure a ton of other teams would have happily signed him on a prove it minimum deal like us though.

He came here and talked about wanting to sign to a veteran team and become a man and leave all that in the past. Everything I read and seen about him sounded like a guy that fully admitted he had the problem with no excuses and just wants to move on from it and prove himself.

Right before he was suspended indefinitely he was supposedly on a fantastic run and killing it on the floor with the fans loving him but obviously things changed real quick after it all went down.

I'm pulling for the dude and think he will turn a new page and be fine from here on out but that will also mean many teams will suddenly be offering him much more this off season if he continues to play like he has for us with no issues.

I'd absolutely love to see the Lakers find a way to keep him here though along with Stanley, Reaves and hopefully Nunn will kill it for us in the second half of the season. That's some extremely solid young role players to mix into the rotation with THT currently in the shadows as well which I have faith he will eventually win fans over once again off the bench after the All Star Break (i'm hoping....).
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

You got to remember his suspension from using Cocaine as well which is imo far and away the biggest reason not only Charlotte pulling the qualifying offer but no other teams offering much beyond the minimum. I'm sure a ton of other teams would have happily signed him on a prove it minimum deal like us though.

He came here and talked about wanting to sign to a veteran team and become a man and leave all that in the past. Everything I read and seen about him sounded like a guy that fully admitted he had the problem with no excuses and just wants to move on from it and prove himself.

Right before he was suspended indefinitely he was supposedly on a fantastic run and killing it on the floor with the fans loving him but obviously things changed real quick after it all went down.

I'm pulling for the dude and think he will turn a new page and be fine from here on out but that will also mean many teams will suddenly be offering him much more this off season if he continues to play like he has for us with no issues.

I'd absolutely love to see the Lakers find a way to keep him here though along with Stanley, Reaves and hopefully Nunn will kill it for us in the second half of the season. That's some extremely solid young role players to mix into the rotation with THT currently in the shadows as well which I have faith he will eventually win fans over once again off the bench after the All Star Break (i'm hoping....).

I DO remember all that. And, you're right.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Malik Monk ‘Wants To Be That Guy’ Who Lakers Can Rely On.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I like this dude’s ascending game. He’s got all the skills.

+121 on the season. Highest on Lakers.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Monk will be tough to re-sign with the MMLE. Right now he's more valuable to me as an asset around AD/Bron than RW. 23 years old. Must re-sign.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:12 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Monk will be tough to re-sign with the MMLE. Right now he's more valuable to me as an asset around AD/Bron than RW. 23 years old. Must re-sign.

Don’t see how we can resign him, but I would love to see it.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:17 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I actually think the mMLE could be enough to retain him. No real cap room teams and not a lot of Full MLE deals generally. I could see him sticking around.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I actually think the mMLE could be enough to retain him. No real cap room teams and not a lot of Full MLE deals generally. I could see him sticking around.

Nunn got a two year deal. How does that work?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Malik Monk since AD’s injury (5 games):

20 PPG
57.4 FG%
42.4 3PT%
100 FT%
+66
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Nunn got a two year deal. How does that work?

5 mil first year, player option second. Monk could do the same thing or go the KCP route which he signs a bigger contract when we have his full Bird right.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject:

For the season he's at 11.3 ppg, 37% from 3.
Starting wise, he's at 17.7 ppg 52% FG, 39% from 3 in 6 games.

If he keeps this even remotely up, lets say 15 per as a starter, 10 when he's off the bench. That's going to get paid MLE range. He's going to be 24. And with Vogel his defense rep will improve (a huge knock on him).

We better start thinking now if we want to keep Monk, Nunn vs Westbrook. We probably can't do both, especially if Nunn comes back and plays well, too.

Wonder what teams with capspace next year would take Westbrook off our hands if he opted in. Would likely cost a few 2nd round picks. But this would open up with some flexibilty around AD/Bron.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:18 am    Post subject:

I sure hope we can keep him. Aside from Lebron, he ahs been the best Laker so far this season.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

Monk vs THT, backcourt starter next to Brodie... Monk being a better scorer kinda leapfrog THT. I like Reaves as the 3&D (Ariza backing up). So THT would back up Brodie/Monk
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject:

Monk or reaves should start.

THT should never started to begin with on this roster.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

THT and Russ is just a bad fit. Can’t have both on the floor…same as Rondo/Russ but for different reasons.

Russ
Monk
Reaves
Ariza/Stanley
LBJ

For the small ball.

When AD gets back:

Russ
Monk
Reaves
LBJ
AD

If we get bad Russ, I would have the quick hook to LBJ/Monk/Reaves/Ariza or Stanley/AD.

THT hasn’t earned anything over a bench role right now. If Monk and Reaves had to earn all the minutes they are getting, so does 21 year old THT.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

THT and Russ is just a bad fit. Can’t have both on the floor…same as Rondo/Russ but for different reasons.

Russ
Monk
Reaves
Ariza/Stanley
LBJ

For the small ball.

When AD gets back:

Russ
Monk
Reaves
LBJ
AD

If we get bad Russ, I would have the quick hook to LBJ/Monk/Reaves/Ariza or Stanley/AD.

THT hasn’t earned anything over a bench role right now. If Monk and Reaves had to earn all the minutes they are getting, so does 21 year old THT.

Everyone’s thinking of these sorta line ups isn’t THINKING about 2 of 3 reasons we are not playing well!.

The two MAIN reasons are with these line ups we are HORRIBLE at REBOUNDING & DEFENSE!!! When we won the Chip, very few players drove the lane cause we had a shot blocker. Now NO ONE SINGLE PLAYER is scared to drive the lane & score easily on us!

Other reason is NO ONE on this team boxes out for rebounds & if ur gonna play small EVERYONE HAS TO box out!

Third reason is TURNOVERS, how many times does Russ jump in the air & just has no idea what to do? Same goes for LBJ & AD when DOUBLE TEAMED!!!

You want another? Falling in love with 3 ball when ahead & blowing leads cause of a cold streak.

Hey, I would LOVE to retain Monk a million times over Russ cause he is going to EXPLODE with next team.

I thought THT was going to have a big year but he has fallen worse than Kuz, so I definitely see him & the MYSTERIOUS bone bruise Nunn & DJ going to Pistons for Grant, just cause he’ll give us better defense, mobility & chance. The trouble with this is JEANIE will HAVE to PAY HIM & LUXURY TAX.

Jeanie & Rob better get their act together or it’s back to lottery picks just to trade them all again for a past his prime super star!
HC: Riley
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

^^well the issue is yes they suck at rebounding but that’s more of an effort thing and boxing out. Playing winning basketball, not missing assignments and (bleep) ball watching.

It doesn’t have to be a traditional, slow center just to play defense and rebound.

The issue is someone like Stanley Johnson looks like a beast because of all the old and lazy pickup basketball players that can’t be bothered to try.

It’s more needing wings and effort from players than it is needing a 7 footer just standing and clogging lanes. It’s a different game tbh.

Guys like Dwight, Javale, etc. are basically one shift per game. Even in 2020, they didn’t play much as things went on. Markieff started playing more than the traditional 5s.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Monk has been on a scoring frenzy lately. "Mr. Excitement!"
Stats tonight: 24 points (53% FG /54.5 3FG%), 4 rebounds, 4 assists.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Big buckets!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 16 of 31
Jump to: