Reminder that New Orleans control the Lakers’ 2023, 2024, 2025 First Round Picks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject: Reminder that New Orleans control the Lakers’ 2023, 2024, 2025 First Round Picks

2023 (Wembanyama draft) - Unprotected, Pelicans have the right swap with Lakers if LA finishes lower in standings (Lakers are currently in pole position to get the most lottery balls based on their standing as of today)

2024 - Pelicans have the right to forego for 2025 pick instead

2025 - Pelicans will own if they forego 2024 pick instead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject:

Use protection people.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject:

What makes you think we need a reminder?

Makes me ill every time I think of this current cluster***k!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

New goal for this season. Win 1 more game than NO

nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

Team made a choice to forgo future and "win now" when it acquired aging Lebron. That's life.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

I would be VERY surprised if the pick does not get swapped. Lottery day will be fun
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject:

At least we still have 2 out of 3 picks.

It's not that bad unless we're in the lottery
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

Poetic Justice would be they take our pick because its better, but we get the better player in the draft anyway

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Poetic Justice would be they take our pick because its better, but we get the better player in the draft anyway

AT LEAST our scouting department is pretty good
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
defense wrote:

AT LEAST our scouting department is pretty good

Not if Jeannie Buss replaces them with her hair dresser friend or any other of her BFFs.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject:

We have more pics than the apparent perception…2023, 2024or2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029. Plenty enough imo to trade both 2027&2029 for role players around LBJ/AD that fill multiple holes.

I’m concerned about the Turner/Heild trade because it appears to fill only the 3pt shooting “hole”. It does “add” a starting 5 with shot blocking and some floor spacing allowing AD to play PF with a backup…an improvement for sure but doesn’t fill the wing D depth/size hole and presents possible perimeter defensive challenges (would improved paint defense cover?).

I like the Charlotte deal best with the 3pt hole covered by multiple players (Oubre/Hayward/Washington), the depth/size at wing defensive hole filled, and reserve PF hole covered. Though it still locks AD at the 5 spot, that particular “hole” could work out if Bryant/Jones emerge.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Well… We’re going to be at this rate.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
We have more pics than the apparent perception…2023, 2024or2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029. Plenty enough imo to trade both 2027&2029 for role players around LBJ/AD that fill multiple holes.

I’m concerned about the Turner/Heild trade because it appears to fill only the 3pt shooting “hole”. It does “add” a starting 5 with shot blocking and some floor spacing allowing AD to play PF with a backup…an improvement for sure but doesn’t fill the wing D depth/size hole and presents possible perimeter defensive challenges (would improved paint defense cover?).

I like the Charlotte deal best with the 3pt hole covered by multiple players (Oubre/Hayward/Washington), the depth/size at wing defensive hole filled, and reserve PF hole covered. Though it still locks AD at the 5 spot, that particular “hole” could work out if Bryant/Jones emerge.

Turner can shoot and play defense ( shot blocking) at least from the games that I watched him. And Hield can easily address our lacked of shooting. Both of those trade will help us but teams know we are desperate so they are going to stifle us for sure.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

Turner can shoot and play defense ( shot blocking) at least from the games that I watched him. And Hield can easily address our lacked of shooting. Both of those trade will help us but teams know we are desperate so they are going to stifle us for sure.

Turner would be great. he is a bit brittle but I am a huge fan. Heild, maybe he has a second coming but he's painfully overrated here.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Turner would be great. he is a bit brittle but I am a huge fan. Heild, maybe he has a second coming but he's painfully overrated here.

With our team , I rather have guys like Caruso, KCP or Kuz than someone like Hield. They can provide sufficient spacing while getting it done on the other end. People here overemphasize offense but we were relevant when we are one of the best teams defensively.
cyrus_the_virus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

We traded one good year for ten years of NBA purgatory. Hope the one year deal with the devil was worth it.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Looks like we are headed that way.

Regardless, can't wait to trade away our young talent as we have been year after year after year.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject:

cyrus_the_virus wrote:
We traded one good year for ten years of NBA purgatory. Hope the one year deal with the devil was worth it.

Many fans still think it was worth it simply because the current Laker organization cannot win championships as easily as it was under Dr. Buss. So they're ecstatic for winning just one championship. Let's see when 2027 or 2030 comes around and we're still stuck on #17 if they think it was still worth it. lol.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Bron/AD as DUO arent getting us a ring under normal circumstances anymore. If the goal is to be competitive that's great just need to make sure that's the narrative and winning a ring isn't.

We need our picks.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
cyrus_the_virus wrote:

Many fans still think it was worth it simply because the current Laker organization cannot win championships as easily as it was under Dr. Buss. So they're ecstatic for winning just one championship. Let's see when 2027 or 2030 comes around and we're still stuck on #17 if they think it was still worth it. lol.

2030 would still be fewer years than 89-99, tho that included two Finals runs and most of those years were entertaining/watchable (Xers typically enjoyed the Threatt years, even). 11 years as our longest title-less streak is still the lowest average number for the different "eras" of teams (meaning Showtime vs Lake Show vs 3Peat). Knicks at 500 years, Smelts went 22 years, Bulls still on the clock at 24 yrs, Pistons were 14 yrs between their last which wasn't bad (the reffing was putrid, but still). Spurs won't find another Duncan and cast any time soon.

It's clear this org/owner doesn't want to do anything but pick up a name they can sell tix on who might be able to pull one title off w/ good fortune (which we got in 2020 -- and that wasn't exactly predicted to be the case by anyone.) There won't be any fundamental changes in vision. I think Jeanie is as content at milking Brawn for tickets as she was in milking heavily worn/injuries/older Kobe in years 17-20.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Halflife wrote:
CRoost wrote:

With our team , I rather have guys like Caruso, KCP or Kuz than someone like Hield. They can provide sufficient spacing while getting it done on the other end. People here overemphasize offense but we were relevant when we are one of the best teams defensively.

My feelings exactly
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject:

That purported Pacers trade...especially if the asking price stays at 2 unprotected frp's...does not fill me with hope. It's a high price, for negligible improvement. Turner, while talented, is more injured than AD. He's on an expiring deal, and he's already injured. Hield, while he can shoot, is another small wing (6'4"), who is a subpar defender. Those 2 players alone, do not make us a contender.

The rumored Hornets trade...now that intrigues me. We fill needed positions at the 3, while possibly getting a talented scoring PG in Terry Rozier. Also, because the Lakers would be taking back a lot of long term money, they wouldn't need to include their entire draft capitol. Maybe one, protected, first round pick. Curious to see how this all plays out.
bbrawler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Ultimately, we won a title with this trade. We probably don't win it otherwise. I hate that we are in the spot we are in, but a lot of teams would give up a decade for one championship. It looks like that's going to be our fate.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is more than likely out of here in 2025, it’s probably a good idea to hold onto our FRPs.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Use protection people.

Never jump without a parachute people
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: