TREVOR ARIZA Officially Back Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

Great to see you back Trev! It's been a while.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

Trevor Ariza highlights
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:32 am    Post subject:

Always liked him. I will be rooting hard for his success. A lot's changed since he's been here...

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
I was his biggest supporter and wanted him to return after ‘09. This is better than signing Jared Dudley, but Ariza isn’t that same player anymore.

I’m not a fan of this, Wellington, and Bazemore being among the main signings.

Ariza played well last year, so did Baze. Wayne has been basically a 40% 3 point shooter the past few seasons.

All at the minimum. These were great signings by Rob. Now we wait to see who the mystery MMLE player is, and whether we keep Dennis or S&T him for something.

Have to agree with this post.
Rob pulled a rabbit out of a hat with his signings.
It may prove to be a gamble but chances of turning out is good.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Trevor will surprise a lot of people. I see him listed third, fourth, on depth charts. He could be a starter week 1.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Trevor will surprise a lot of people. I see him listed third, fourth, on depth charts. He could be a starter week 1.

For who? He plays 3/4. We have those positions filled with LeBron and Davis.
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

For who? He plays 3/4. We have those positions filled with LeBron and Davis.

If he were to start, I think it'd be AD at the 5 and Ariza at the 4
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Will TA ever be fully recovered enough to make a difference this season?
We definitely need help, particularly on the defensive end.
I certainly am eager to see what he brings, if anything, to the table to make the Lakers a better team.
Quote:
Lakers forward Trevor Ariza participated in a live action scrimmage for the first time since ankle surgery, ESPN’s Dave McMenamin tweets. Coach Frank Vogel indicated Ariza is not experiencing pain but is still strengthening the ankle, so there’s no timetable for his return.
Ariza signed a veteran’s minimum contract during the offseason and was expected to be a prominent contributor but he’s yet to make his season debut.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/12/western-notes-ariza-nunn-nuggets-dantoni.html
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Ariza is to old to make a difference on the defensive end night in and night out and if the Lakers brass and Vogel think otherwise they are fools, Pelinka needs to place a call to the Wizards GM and Sixers GM to get either Danny Green or KCP back 2 good 3-D guys that will help us and Improve our defense in a big way.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject:

If they think a 36 year old coming off ankle surgery is going to change the whole entire dynamics of this team then they're seriously delusional.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ariza is to old to make a difference on the defensive end night in and night out and if the Lakers brass and Vogel think otherwise they are fools, Pelinka needs to place a call to the Wizards GM and Sixers GM to get either Danny Green or KCP back 2 good 3-D guys that will help us and Improve our defense in a big way.

We definitely need defensive help and like you said, it's doubtful that TA will be much of a game changer in that department. IMO the DG & KCP ships have sailed on, unfortunately.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
If they think a 36 year old coming off ankle surgery is going to change the whole entire dynamics of this team then they're seriously delusional.

he has to be able to, defensively, or trades gonna be coming
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Will TA ever be fully recovered enough to make a difference this season?
We definitely need help, particularly on the defensive end.
I certainly am eager to see what he brings, if anything, to the table to make the Lakers a better team.
Quote:
Lakers forward Trevor Ariza participated in a live action scrimmage for the first time since ankle surgery, ESPN’s Dave McMenamin tweets. Coach Frank Vogel indicated Ariza is not experiencing pain but is still strengthening the ankle, so there’s no timetable for his return.
Ariza signed a veteran’s minimum contract during the offseason and was expected to be a prominent contributor but he’s yet to make his season debut.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/12/western-notes-ariza-nunn-nuggets-dantoni.html

That's good news. Even if he can give us only 15 minutes or so per game, and even if he is not the defender he once was, it will be helpful.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jovan Buha @jovanbuha
Frank Vogel said there is no update on Trevor Ariza’s return timetable,
but he said that Ariza might spend some time with the South Bay Lakers next week on an off-day to help with his ramp-up for his eventual return.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

I can't imagine anyone having those lofty expectations. Nonetheless his presence couldn't make our team any worse off.
IMO, Ariza is still a serviceable NBA player. His versatility allows him to play on the perimeter at the 3 or 4.
If he can give us 10-20 minutes of solid defensive effort and energy while providing veteran leadership he will have done his job.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:03 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

I can't imagine anyone having those lofty expectations. Nonetheless his presence couldn't make our team any worse off.
IMO, Ariza is still a serviceable NBA player. His versatility allows him to play on the perimeter at the 3 or 4.
If he can give us 10-20 minutes of solid defensive effort and energy while providing veteran leadership he will have done his job.

I think he can help a little bit. This team is so funny to me. It's like uncle drew getting the gang back together again.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:10 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

I think he can help a little bit. This team is so funny to me. It's like uncle drew getting the gang back together again.
ALMOST
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

he has to be able to, defensively, or trades gonna be coming

They are coming anyway. No way we go into the playoffs with all these guards and no forwards.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Ariza played 28mpg last season. Which I had no idea. All we need him to do is play 18 of solid D and shoot. Expecting anything more would be crazy but I do think that role can make a small difference. Hopefully Nunn can come in and be an absolute stud though... we need that.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Ariza played 28mpg last season. Which I had no idea. All we need him to do is play 18 of solid D and shoot. Expecting anything more would be crazy but I do think that role can make a small difference. Hopefully Nunn can come in and be an absolute stud though... we need that.

I wonder who sits when Nunn comes back. It’s not going to be THT, but right now I kinda wish it were. Ellington probably gets the bench.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
2019 wrote:

I wonder who sits when Nunn comes back. It’s not going to be THT, but right now I kinda wish it were. Ellington probably gets the bench.

I'd sit THT. Wayne's shooting is a major plus. Monk and Nunn should both be getting 6th mean type mins. Or start one of them.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
2019 wrote:

I'd sit THT. Wayne's shooting is a major plus. Monk and Nunn should both be getting 6th mean type mins. Or start one of them.

I get the logic but Frank is going to play THT and hope his defense improves. If a "who do you sit" poll happened I bet results would be all over the place.

Rumor was Ariza could have started and he currently represents their biggest need in a 3 and D forward....evermore so with Baze not playing. Vogel likes Nunn too, so once he gets full speed he may take Monk's minutes.

Monk is becoming a favorite, but if guys get healthy they might deal him (if mutual for PR) for another 3 and D forward to arm themselves with. We had way too many guards and then had a g leaguer make the rotation and waiver pickup start. LBJ is a 4 on defense and AD will still play a lot of 5. We need a guard for 3 and D swap at some point.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
2019 wrote:

I get the logic but Frank is going to play THT and hope his defense improves. If a "who do you sit" poll happened I bet results would be all over the place.

Rumor was Ariza could have started and he currently represents their biggest need in a 3 and D forward....evermore so with Baze not playing. Vogel likes Nunn too, so once he gets full speed he may take Monk's minutes.

Monk is becoming a favorite, but if guys get healthy they might deal him (if mutual for PR) for another 3 and D forward to arm themselves with. We had way too many guards and then had a g leaguer make the rotation and waiver pickup start. LBJ is a 4 on defense and AD will still play a lot of 5. We need a guard for 3 and D swap at some point.

THT is likely gonna get traded IMO which should clear the door for Nunn and Monk to get bulk of the minutes.. who THT gets traded for.. I have no clue .. let’s just hope it’s not another Muscala type trade.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: