Today is the 8 year anniversary of Kobe’s 60 point last game vs the Jazz

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:33 am    Post subject: Today is the 8 year anniversary of Kobe’s 60 point last game vs the Jazz

Where were you at the time, both literally and at that stage in life? How did you react at the time?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:25 am    Post subject:

We were in a lakers bar in manhattan, LES, kept yelling pass Kobe the ball (even when the jazz had it), I cried at the end
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject:

in atlanta, in my room, alone, absolutely hooting and hollering and sobbing
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Today is the 8 year anniversary of Kobe’s 60 point last game vs the Jazz

CandyCanes wrote:
Where were you at the time, both literally and at that stage in life? How did you react at the time?

Alone in my living room, screaming and crying all at once
It was late here in Brazil
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:24 am    Post subject:

One of the real emotional games as a Laker fan for me. Wasn't a good time in terms of the wins and losses, the whole Jimmy/Jeanie thing. That game, the intensity of it, and the special effort by Kobe, who was pretty much done as a big time scorer at that point of his career, it was an amazing one. The fact that Kobe's efforts led to a win, demonstrated what he was about. The competition in that game, it just showed if Kobe were still in his prime, he'd take that Laker team to the playoffs just like he did in the 2005-2007 era.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:09 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
One of the real emotional games as a Laker fan for me. Wasn't a good time in terms of the wins and losses, the whole Jimmy/Jeanie thing. That game, the intensity of it, and the special effort by Kobe, who was pretty much done as a big time scorer at that point of his career, it was an amazing one. The fact that Kobe's efforts led to a win, demonstrated what he was about. The competition in that game, it just showed if Kobe were still in his prime, he'd take that Laker team to the playoffs just like he did in the 2005-2007 era.

that game encapsulated Kobe's entire career, the good, the bad, and the ugly. perfect ending for him
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:40 pm    Post subject:

SEC 111 - Row 3!

I've never heard Staples Center that loud in person, except maybe Game 7 of the 2010 finals.

I also followed the team around on their road games that season. The amount of respect this man got was just as surreal. Enormous crowds at the hotels, bus tunnels (after the game), everywhere. At the ASG in Toronto, LeBron started walking to the bus, and everyone chanted KOBE at him
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Good way to celebrate this anniversary with a

124 to 108 victory
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject:

bryants2hot2handle wrote:
SEC 111 - Row 3!

I've never heard Staples Center that loud in person, except maybe Game 7 of the 2010 finals.

I also followed the team around on their road games that season. The amount of respect this man got was just as surreal. Enormous crowds at the hotels, bus tunnels (after the game), everywhere. At the ASG in Toronto, LeBron started walking to the bus, and everyone chanted KOBE at him

same perspective from a tv viewer - never seen Staples more jumping. that 4th quarter of Kobe's last game was probably louder than game 7. Is DaMuleRules still in the Lounge? I know he was at Game 7 - did you go to Kobe's last game? Which was louder?

also - huge shout out to the production crew. all the Kobe memories - it was such an incredible tribute. all the cuts to fans of all sorts, including very famous ones, absolutely losing their mind as Bean hit jumper after jumper in the 4th. incredible. i probably lost 3 pounds of water weight I just cried and screamed for 3.5 hours straight. i had a massive headache. i smoked so much weed. it was incredible, i was high after that game for a week straight, just floating through life.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject:

bryants2hot2handle wrote:
SEC 111 - Row 3!

Like MJ, Kobe was a worldwide sensation even before the onset of social media. The Laker brand and appeal only amplified his popularity. I read he was more popular than Yao in China, which is bonkers considering Yao was a household name over there. And it wasn't just China -- it was all the Euro countries (see Zubac talking about watching him), and all the Southeast Asian ones like the Philippines. People traveled from all other the world to watch him.

I still get chills watching this video:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: