AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 175, 176, 177  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Need to keep him and have at least ONE homegrown player on the team we can root for.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

Reaves expected to be starter next season:

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1562109855791472642?s=21&t=OWFLcGmGXZv6xp3UsGAQEg

Little disappointed that with how much THT is getting paid that heโ€™s still bench material, same with newly signed LW4 for MLE.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1562109855791472642?s=21&t=OWFLcGmGXZv6xp3UsGAQEg

Little disappointed that with how much THT is getting paid that heโ€™s still bench material, same with newly signed LW4 for MLE.

With Kyrie (and his defense) out of the picture, I can see Austin being a starter.

Pencil in:

Lebron
AD
Austin
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

With Kyrie (and his defense) out of the picture, I can see Austin being a starter.

Pencil in:

Lebron
AD
Austin

Our 3 best players right now
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

THT can't shoot, this has always been his issue, he even regressed last year. i will pay close attention to the shooting percentage of AR this season, he has a great stroke, but he wasn't making a lot of open shots. however, he is still miles better than THT in terms of shooting.
AD/LBJ/AR
i suspect the other 2 would be RW(if he is still here) and jones/Bryant.
this is an important year for THT, Nunn is healthy and ready to go now.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

No way you start THT with Russ here.

Even if Russ is gone we gotta see if THT improved enough to warrant big minutes.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Pencil in:

Lebron
AD
Austin

As of now, starters are likely Westbrook, Reaves, LeBron, AD and Bryant. With Bryant being somewhat necessary because of Westbrook and floor spacing. As well as needing a 5 so AD can play 4.

Closers are another question. For sure Reaves/LeBron/AD most nights. Bryant out with AD at the C. From there you could go a number of directions...and we probably will. Feels like Troy Brown could be in the mix quite a bit on any given night as a more balanced two-way guy. Maybe one of Westbrook/Nunn to give LBJ some possessions off offensively.

The question for me is if we trade Westbrook for any of the remaining packages out there, which of those players can slot in as closers?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

His progression has been underrated. He will be a solid player, if not starter in the league. I just want to see some roid muscles on him, because he's often a target on defense.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Walker is a tax payer MLE. Who cares.

Reaves is by far the best fit as neither of those two players can shoot while we will see natural shooting progression from Reaves.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
The question for me is if we trade Westbrook for any of the remaining packages out there, which of those players can slot in as closers?

That's the pretext I'm looking at any Russ deal that includes draft sweeteners. We have a lot of middle reliever type talent on the roster (much better than last year). But when it comes time to close, what are our one or two best options...
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Honestly... Hanging AR in the startin lineup makes sense if we keep WB.
We have a young guy that is learning from his mistakes.
And an old guy, who refuses to learn from his.

That balance is almost Zen like. Right?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Lakers' Austin Reaves sits down with @Stadium: "I definitely don't pass the eye test and I'm not the most athletic in the world, but I've figured it out so far." On goal of starting role in 2022-23, LeBron and Kobe, believing he's the best golfer in the NBA, and more.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1569716299516841985
(Vid in link)

Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject:

Reeves is a glue guy you put him into rotations and he makes people around him better
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject:

AR currying Curry.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lakers/status/1579288606522281985

Or was it the MJ? Haha
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

It is interesting to see all of the hate for AR. I see a ton of skill and instinct and footwork. This is a guy who plays well on both sides of the ball. People are complaining he only had seven points in the last game, but that was on three shots. Take a look at the rest of his stat line that night and perhaps pay a little closer attention to his skill set and see if it doesn't pass the eye test. I don't think I'm going too far out on the limb when I say he is likely to have a very long and successful NBA career.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
It is interesting to see all of the hate for AR. I see a ton of skill and instinct and footwork. This is a guy who plays well on both sides of the ball. People are complaining he only had seven points in the last game, but that was on three shots. Take a look at the rest of his stat line that night and perhaps pay a little closer attention to his skill set and see if it doesn't pass the eye test. I don't think I'm going too far out on the limb when I say he is likely to have a very long and successful NBA career.

Can't please everybody, I guess, but Reaves gets plenty of love. He is one of the most consistent players on the team. He does it all and we are lucky to have him. He has a bright future ahead of him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:

You can't pay attention to comments in the game day threads.
Those are emotional, in the heat of the moment goof posts (including mine haha).
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:

What hate?
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:35 am    Post subject:

I reread the thread this morning and there isn't as much as there appeared to be upon first blush. All I can say is I am thrilled he is a Laker and hope he is one for life. I just love the way he turns the corner with that mid-high dribble I know he's not the logo but he's pretty close to logo light. If his shooting improves he might just get a lot closer to that skill level than anybody ever expected.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject:

Too bad we'll let this kid go next summer so we can chase another big name
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Too bad we'll let this kid go next summer so we can chase another big name

NBA is a business and that is entirely within the realm of possibility, but not quite within the realm of likelihood. Especially if he proves himself untradable this season.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PrplReign wrote:

What hate?

somebody here said lonnie walker is miles ahead of him, lol
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Reaves has started to show he has real playmaking skills, and the amount of time they have put the ball in his hands shows the coaching staff recognizes that. But at some point, heโ€™s going to have to prove he can hit the deep ball at a high rate.

If he gets to that point, heโ€™s going to have a very nice NBA career.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else enjoying AR making that cross court pass for the corner 3?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

Does ARโ€™s defensive impact make up for his poor offensive performance and other deficiencies? (3pt%, turnovers, rebounds, assists, lack of strength). Both Russ and Reeves are poor shooters and turnover proneโ€ฆso we have to look at the impact of ARโ€™s defense vs Russโ€™s 18/7/7 to see if we would be satisfied with AR as a starter.

Hopefully AR can cut down turnovers, improve his shooting, and get strongerโ€ฆbecause even tho there are plenty of differences, the biggest difference between Russ and Reeves right now is about $45mil lol!

The cap hit makes AR potentially more valuable to the team but significant progression is needed to have a better โ€œon courtโ€ impact for him to be effective as a starter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 33 of 177
Jump to: