AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 177, 178, 179  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:10 am    Post subject:

I see what you're saying but the stat I was talking about was how often Reaves takes shots at the end of shot clocks (presumably under duress). I know what you mean about heaves and agree but don't think that really matters when it comes to winning ball games, compared to the ability to shoot and make shots at the end of shot clocks when the offense stalled
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:25 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I see what you're saying but the stat I was talking about was how often Reaves takes shots at the end of shot clocks (presumably under duress). I know what you mean about heaves and agree but don't think that really matters when it comes to winning ball games, compared to the ability to shoot and make shots at the end of shot clocks when the offense stalled

Another big factor is the ability to get to the line.

Reaves FTr isn't as high as Bron and Brow. But his .300 FT attempts per FGA is good as well.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:28 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

For me, it's not the individual act that is important. It's the mentality to do what ever it takes to win games, without being concerned about personal stats. That has an effect on 48 minutes of game time.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Might be the guy who needs a rest out of the group right now.

No legs last few games.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Might be the guy who needs a rest out of the group right now.

No legs last few games.

playing all 76 games plus 1 game in the in-season. Kid might be really exhausted right now. should be the one resting in back2back games, specially if Gabe vincent is available
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:44 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1bt8j1h/oc_nikola_jokic_is_attempting_by_far_the_most/

Per this reddit post, Reaves is 25-95 (31% eFG%) on shots at the end of a shot clock. That's really bad but checks out because this roster lacks a real bail out guy at the end of shot clocks (Lebron is no longer that guy).

But it's interesting he's the #2 Laker in terms of FGA for these -- and it means his overall efficiency numbers are dragged down by how much he takes these bailout shots for the team

How much do you think those shots drag down his efficiency? Seems like not even 1 percent. Also how many of these shots are actual grenades versus him being open or having time to create? With all that said he's been playing better the past few months so no real complaints here.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:12 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
tox wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1bt8j1h/oc_nikola_jokic_is_attempting_by_far_the_most/

Per this reddit post, Reaves is 25-95 (31% eFG%) on shots at the end of a shot clock. That's really bad but checks out because this roster lacks a real bail out guy at the end of shot clocks (Lebron is no longer that guy).

But it's interesting he's the #2 Laker in terms of FGA for these -- and it means his overall efficiency numbers are dragged down by how much he takes these bailout shots for the team

How much do you think those shots drag down his efficiency? Seems like not even 1 percent. Also how many of these shots are actual grenades versus him being open or having time to create? With all that said he's been playing better the past few months so no real complaints here.

Uhhh, FG% wise, he's 422-870 (48.5%) this season. Without those chucks he's 397-775, which is 51.2%. So about 2.5%

Of course everyone has to take some bad shots as a general rule so it's not like we should 0 that out, but I do think this is notable given the volume/ poor efficiency from AR on these.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
manlisten wrote:
tox wrote:

Uhhh, FG% wise, he's 422-870 (48.5%) this season. Without those chucks he's 397-775, which is 51.2%. So about 2.5%

Of course everyone has to take some bad shots as a general rule so it's not like we should 0 that out, but I do think this is notable given the volume/ poor efficiency from AR on these.

Yea that would be akin to eliminating any bad shots he attempts from record. If he made between 10 and 20 more of those he'd be just above 49% overall. Also worth mentioning that he's at the very bottom of that list both in attempts and efficiency so this is a category he's just not good at and not necessarily a victim of circumstance. Out of 38 players listed, he's 1 of only 3 to shoot below 30%.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:35 pm    Post subject:

He's at the very bottom of that list in attempts but it's a list of the guys who attempt the most of these shots. To me the main takeaway is:

1) AR is even more efficient in normal offense

2) He is not a bailout shot guy

As I said before, the latter will haunt us in the playoffs because we lack a bailout shot guy. Sometimes LeBron hits those shots and I get shocked about how nice it is to get some "free points", before remembering how that's a normal thing for most teams. Hachimura is probably our best bad shot taker at this point
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I think Austin would look a lot better coming off the bench. Sit DLo and bring in Austin. Maybe start dinwiddie or Vincent for defense.

Not saying this as a demotion because I stil think he should get started minutes, I just think he needs the ball more and he won’t get that with the starters. Plus, our bench needs scoring badly. He could help a lot with that

leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I think Austin would look a lot better coming off the bench. Sit DLo and bring in Austin. Maybe start dinwiddie or Vincent for defense.

Not saying this as a demotion because I stil think he should get started minutes, I just think he needs the ball more and he won’t get that with the starters. Plus, our bench needs scoring badly. He could help a lot with that

lol here we go again. They are winning with current starters. AR just need a rest. He didn't miss any game this season, kid is tired as (bleep).
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject:

They're winning in spite of having a bottom 10 defense post All Star. Not ideal when trying to compete for a championship. Bringing Austin off the bench would help alleviate that and make the Lakers a better team.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:12 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Why? Lakers are rolling. Austin has been good, even with his big slump from three the last half dozen games or so. Even today, scoring only 7, he was good. Had 6 assists to 3 TOs (too many TOs, but that AtTO ratio is good) and played good defense. He’s been working hard on defense since his scoring responsibilities are less woth the other four scorers in the starting lineup.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:56 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

<snip>

Why? Lakers are rolling. Austin has been good, even with his big slump from three the last half dozen games or so. Even today, scoring only 7, he was good. Had 6 assists to 3 TOs (too many TOs, but that AtTO ratio is good) and played good defense. He’s been working hard on defense since his scoring responsibilities are less woth the other four scorers in the starting lineup.

The rotations shouldn't be messed with at this time of the season when the team's playing it's best ball.
I'm just worried that he's fatigued. Given that no one can rest these next several game (4+play-ins), means that he (and Lebron/AD) will not get a chance to rest by the time the playoff series potentially start.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:25 am    Post subject:

AR does look tired but that has not stopped his hustle or his UPTICK in D. This kid will bring it after next week and provide us with CONSISTENT play. I would guess that some will not post here once the playoffs start.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Bad night for Austin to play like absolute dog crap. His turnovers were killing me and killed the Lakers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:48 am    Post subject:

https://x.com/crumpledjumper/status/1779361461535727626?s=46
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

My takeaway - Presti is a muthafking G.

Bested West on SGA.

Sam Presti has to be one of your more unheralded front office dudes ever. He's like the basketball version of Andrew Friedman.

Big ups to AR for making that list.

Kiss my Converse.
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:39 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
He's at the very bottom of that list in attempts but it's a list of the guys who attempt the most of these shots. To me the main takeaway is:

1) AR is even more efficient in normal offense

2) He is not a bailout shot guy

As I said before, the latter will haunt us in the playoffs because we lack a bailout shot guy. Sometimes LeBron hits those shots and I get shocked about how nice it is to get some "free points", before remembering how that's a normal thing for most teams. Hachimura is probably our best bad shot taker at this point

I used to see a lot of end of Q balls from mid court from AR, if they count that also worsens his #s (although it makes him appear in the list).
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to Austin for playing in all 82 games this year.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Bested West on SGA.

Sam Presti has to be one of your more unheralded front office dudes ever. He's like the basketball version of Andrew Friedman.

Never won anything nor will anything. Let's give him a trophy for collecting 1st Rd picks tough
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Bested West on SGA.

Never won anything nor will anything. Let's give him a trophy for collecting 1st Rd picks tough

How is it his fault ownership can't afford to keep multiple all stars together? Weird take. He gets great talent, not his checkbook when it is time to pay 3 or 4 all stars
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:32 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Congrats to Austin for playing in all 82 games this year.

The anti-load manager
Rakim Allah
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:11 am    Post subject:

This is the player thread you go to where you get some peace and a sanctuary away from unabashed hatred of a Laker player.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:21 am    Post subject:

Me watching a replay of G4... that AR defense and hustle tho
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 177, 178, 179  Next
Page 178 of 179
Jump to: