AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 176, 177, 178  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

the reason he didn't standout much in the Summer league is probably because of the garbage players playing around him which makes his playmaking ability irrelevant, and also not able to get any open shots.
he is got a better shooting stroke than THT right now, and i am excited to see this kid perform.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Reaves reminds me of a better version of Tomas Santoransky.

Longtime LG lurker.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

With the Nunn injury extending another 2-3 weeks, Ellington still out, Monk's questionable defense and Rond's fit next to RW, I am hoping Vogel works Reaves into the rotation and let him play himself in or out.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

i mean i know jack sh*t about basketball, but it seems you need to have at lease ONE defensive minded player in the back court at all times. so, no monk/Russ, no rondo/russ (plus no one can shoot in that situation)

Austin SEEMS like he has a nose for the ball on the defensive ed, and he's a lot taller than our guards. so, give him a shot with russ, rondo, monk.

tell him, as long as you play with tenacity on defense, you earn minutes. any offense is a plus.
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Start Reaves
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
With the Nunn injury extending another 2-3 weeks, Ellington still out, Monk's questionable defense and Rond's fit next to RW, I am hoping Vogel works Reaves into the rotation and let him play himself in or out.
This is a perfect team and time for him to play more. mins. Hes got a chance to become a rotation player or works himself out of rotation.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Bazemore has been very unimpressive on both ends. I see no reason we don’t give reaves some minutes. Monk at least has a decent stroke, but bazemore has put up brick after brick even on wide open shots
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

The poise on this kid but he need a black style barber

Sure hope he can be our next AC

Last edited by governator on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Every time I watch us score, it's so ugly and laborious. Other teams seem to score quickly and effortlessly on us. It's hard to describe, but Reaves has that quick/easy scoring ability (with his shooting, play-making, etc.). He needs some legit rotation minutes. There is no excuse to not play him, as what we've been doing so far has been awful, and no one should be safe besides our main trio.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

MikeTrout wrote:
Start Reaves

I’m on this train as well. I don’t think Vogel has the guts with all the vets on the squad but it would infuse a ton of energy on D and much better IQ on offense.

There was a play where he passed it to Russ and immediately went for a give and go that would have been an easy layup but Russ didn’t even think of it. That was all I needed to see, he has a feel for the game - Vogel needs to get him out there.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:30 am    Post subject:

Great game. I get tired of when coaches misuse our youth that have potential though. I'm glad that Vogel is playing him slightly, but it's almost like he doesn't want to, for whatever reason. It's good that Austin continues to make the right play and plays hard defense. He is an incredible player.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

I wonder if he keeps up his good play are the Lakers gonna extend him or trade him away like they do the rest of our young talent? It seems the front office don't like young players.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

well, we traded ball, BI and hart for AD. it won us a chip, so i'm cool with that. kinda wish we kept the pick though. but #4 tipped the deal into happening. remember, ball STUNK on offense and was timid as hell during that deal.

we let randle walk because he wanted more than a one year contract, and he wasn't too keen on being lebron's backup. pretty sure if Rob was our de-facto GM and VP, he wouldn't have let him walk as a restricted agent, but you know... magic.

alex? i don't think it was the annual salary as much as the 4 year contract. the lakers only give 4+ year contracts to bonafide stars. pretty damn sure LBJ wanted to keep him. hell, he'd probably help pay to keep him if it was possible (it's not). we still should have kept him though. i think they were disappointed in his shooting against the suns though.

lebron talks like he has a hand in reviewing laker prospects. he certainly said he played a part in evaluating Austin. he probably also told the lakers to sign him to a guaranteed deal, not a 2 way.

Outspoken wrote:
I wonder if he keeps up his good play are the Lakers gonna extend him or trade him away like they do the rest of our young talent? It seems the front office don't like young players.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

They literally extended THT.

They extended Kuz, but then traded him later.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Yes, they traded Kuz away, and they may potentially trade THT away as well. My premise is it seems they don't like young players. We traded majority of our young players away and we have the oldest team in the league.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Yes, they traded Kuz away, and they may potentially trade THT away as well. My premise is it seems they don't like young players. We traded majority of our young players away and we have the oldest team in the league.

after trading many drafted young players, here are lakers under 25:
reaves - 23 - 1/2 - ufa that could have been drafted in 2nd round
monk - 23 - 2 - pick #11
tht - 20 - 1/2/3 - pick #46
sekou - 20 - 3/4 - pick #15
huff - 23 - 5 - ufa

this group is not bad...
monk/tht are legit players that can start and have good upside
reaves is already rotation player in the beginning of rookie year
reaves and monk can both shoot 3
sekou has talent on 2-way
huff is stretch 5 type on 2-way

chaundee brown is in south bay lakers now
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, welcome to an all in Contender. Most of them historically don't have a bunch of young players for very obvious reasons. I think they did a pretty great job to infuse some young guys with the resources they had. We have a top 5 player all time at 37 y/o so the time is 100% now.

I def. don't agree with all the moves but it's nice having a legitimate Contender every season lately and i'll take this over a rebuilding team full of "fun potential" that might pull out a first round series at best.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

monk - 23 - 2 - pick #11
huff - 23 - 5 - ufa

this group is not bad...

Who is sekou and huff? Players that are not even signed to regular contracts. Why did you name them because it seems you are reaching for the sake of delivering a point. Out of your list, it's Monk, Reaves, and THT. I'll even add Nunn. What we have been doing is developing players or collect players that have potential, then we trade them for an older veteran, saving money, or making space for veterans. Hart, JC, Thomas Bryant, Zo, DLO, BI, Kuz, KCP..... and we let Julius Randle walk and didn't do enough to get Caruso back because he wasn't a main objective. We traded Zubac for rice and beans. That's why I'm wondering about Reaves. Are we developing him to extend for long term or will he be another casualty for a vet or making room for someone else?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm kinda thinking where I saw Reaves style of play. And I remember Jeff Hornacek.

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Kuz was an anomaly. Only Non-Klutch client to get an extension since Lebron arrived.

Reaves needs to sign with Klutch if he wants the THT extension.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

monk - 23 - 2 - pick #11
huff - 23 - 5 - ufa

this group is not bad...

Who is sekou and huff? Players that are not even signed to regular contracts. Why did you name them because it seems you are reaching for the sake of delivering a point. Out of your list, it's Monk, Reaves, and THT. I'll even add Nunn. What we have been doing is developing players or collect players that have potential, then we trade them for an older veteran, saving money, or making space for veterans. Hart, JC, Thomas Bryant, Zo, DLO, BI, Kuz, KCP..... and we let Julius Randle walk and didn't do enough to get Caruso back because he wasn't a main objective. We traded Zubac for rice and beans. That's why I'm wondering about Reaves. Are we developing him to extend for long term or will he be another casualty for a vet or making room for someone else?

and how good is your list of young players, bi/ball/hart were in pelicans together with zion and holiday.
what did they achieve?
nothing
nba is won with superstars.
you have superstars and the robins and role players will come.

without a single draft pick, we picked up young players with potential.
in particular, tht and monk have potential that can match any of the players on that list except may be bi.
i included huff and sekou because they are under contract.
and they can play 50 games for lakers this year.

except for caruso, all of the other players you listed were either traded or released for the goal of bringing in superstars.
so far, we have one championship to show, with the team a contender for the near future.
i did not include nunn because he is 26, and kcp did not belong in this list given his age.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:37 am    Post subject:

Reaves has a lot of Joe Ingles in him. High IQ, solid shooter, Can handle the ball, good passer, not athletic but smart with the ball, and above average defense.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:27 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
Reaves has a lot of Joe Ingles in him. High IQ, solid shooter, Can handle the ball, good passer, not athletic but smart with the ball, and above average defense.

100%

He is VeRY quick at making decisions just like caruso, and ingles. Def a high IQ player.

When he is on the floors lebron is constantly looking for him to get the ball moving.. what a great player. On defense he is the closest thing to kcp we have.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:31 am    Post subject:

When Nunn, Ellington, and THT come back, joining Westbrook, Rondo, Reaves, Bradley, and Bazemore at the 1-3 spots, and Ariza comes back at the 3-4, the Lakers are going to have so many options for strong lineups with AD at the 5, I hope they will play that way more often.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I see some Jeff Hornacek in him, and not just because they’re both white, their games are actually pretty similar.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 9 of 178
Jump to: