AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 177, 178, 179  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Having Reaves and DLO out there is so nice, two of my favorite Lakers. Then Vanderbilt, damn, now this is a much more likeable squad.

Imagine a Reaves and DLO backcourt for the next 4 years 🔥
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Reaves took an elbow to the face that would have sent AD to the hospital.

Old school toughness.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:55 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Having Reaves and DLO out there is so nice, two of my favorite Lakers. Then Vanderbilt, damn, now this is a much more likeable squad.

Imagine a Reaves and DLO backcourt for the next 4 years 🔥

If Reaves can improve to 15 PPG on 40% 3 ball shooting and continue to work on his body and get stronger, he would be the ideal shooting guard for the next 5 years minimum
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:23 am    Post subject:

He needs to be more aggressive shooting the ball. He's a terrific shooter but doesn't take as many threes as he should.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:20 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how many other players would not have accepted the foul and just took to swinging fists? Austin knows and so did the whole GSW team (including Kerr) that Kuminga intentionally just punched our player in the face...what a manbaby

Does Austin talk trash or do they just hate when a white boy puts the clamps on them?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:24 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I wonder how many other players would not have accepted the foul and just took to swinging fists? Austin knows and so did the whole GSW team (including Kerr) that Kuminga intentionally just punched our player in the face...what a manbaby

Does Austin talk trash or do they just hate when a white boy puts the clamps on them?

It's some white boy ish.

But it's also a sign of respect for that white boy.

Kum definitely planted that elbow in frustration that he was getting locked up by a white boy but notice no one went after Austin again...he took the hit and got massive respect off it.

Ghetto blacktop ball.

Austin could go to Rucker and would be well received.

#BannersOverBillboards
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:

It's some white boy ish.

Kum definitely planted that elbow in frustration that he was getting locked up by a white boy but notice no one went after Austin again...he took the hit and got massive respect off it.

Ghetto blacktop ball.

The tone of your term "white boy" is borderline offensive. I don't get the sense that you're trying to be such. But, you, myself, and no one else on this board, would ever use the term black boy, or latino boy.

He's not a boy. He's a man. And he happens to be white. I think we know that.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

It's some white boy ish.

Ghetto blacktop ball.

The tone of your term "white boy" is borderline offensive. I don't get the sense that you're trying to be such. But, you, myself, and no one else on this board, would ever use the term black boy, or latino boy.

It's my fault. I was using terminology I've heard used in pickup games, movies and here even

It is best if race and color meant nothing whatever to us as individuals of the same species.

Austin is a Him

Even if my assumption could be right that Race played a part in Kumingas uncontrollable anger towards Austin it might it not be best to highlight it

Before Austin when was the last time Ayton stood over a player taunting at him while said player was on the ground?
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Austin is a farm boy from Arkansas. Both his parents played college ball.

I doubt he'd back down from anyone. He's most likely never throw the first punch, but he'd definitely throw the second!

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

It's some white boy ish.

Ghetto blacktop ball.

It's my fault. I was using terminology I've heard used in pickup games, movies and here even

It is best if race and color meant nothing whatever to us as individuals of the same species.

Austin is a Him

Even if my assumption could be right that Race played a part in Kumingas uncontrollable anger towards Austin it might it not be best to highlight it

Before Austin when was the last time Ayton stood over a player taunting at him while said player was on the ground?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject:

And his brother is in Euroleague
https://germanhoops.com/2022/04/21/spencer-reavesbayer-giants-leverkusen-can-call-brother-austin-his-best-friend-despite-beating-the-hell-out-of-each-other-for-15-years/

German Hoops
Covering Basketball In Germany!
Spencer Reaves(Bayer Giants Leverkusen) Can Call Brother Austin His Best Friend Despite Beating The Hell Out Of Each Other For 15 Years
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Austin is a farm boy from Arkansas. Both his parents played college ball.

I doubt he'd back down from anyone. He's most likely never throw the first punch, but he'd definitely throw the second!

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

It's some white boy ish.

Ghetto blacktop ball.

Austin is a Him

Let’s be real…Reaves looks unassuming. These guys don’t like that this 2nd year farm kid is taking them to school on the nightly
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:26 pm    Post subject:

he played great but Poole got hot while he was on him. He still got a way to go on defensive end but kids got a great future. Dlo/Reaves/Vandy/Rui great foundation of role players for our superstars
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

It's some white boy ish.

Ghetto blacktop ball.

Austin is a Him

I hear you. I remember Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson in that movie, and your other points are defintely valid. I saw Kareem hit Kent Benson, but he also hit Happy Hairston

I appreciate you response!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Reaves flops so often I thought it was a flop until I saw the replay. Props for continuing to play tough defense after that.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Reaves flops so often I thought it was a flop until I saw the replay. Props for continuing to play tough defense after that.

Was it a flop when he took a brutal elbow to the face?

Reaves is not a flopper. Certainly not any more than anyone else in the league. If he’s a flopper, then every player in the league is a flopper.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
He needs to be more aggressive shooting the ball. He's a terrific shooter but doesn't take as many threes as he should.

It's his release imo. He's got a slow release, albeit, not as slow as Schroder. He won't put it up unless it's a clean look with ample spacing. Can't fault him for it as I think his % would drop if he chucked more.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

It's some white boy ish.

Ghetto blacktop ball.

It's only offensive if 2 things happen.

1. The person who states it intends to be offensive, which I obviously didn't.

2. The person hearing/reading it, decides to be take offense regardless of intent.

In this country we are in a nasty cycle of people reading into commentary so they can be offended where no offense was intended.

Case in point, how many of us have used the phrase, 'That's my boy.' or some variation, as a term of endearment for an adult man that we feel a brotherhood with?

Austin Reaves is certainly a man. In Black culture what happened last night was actually a test of his character, born out of frustration for sure, and a subsequent show of respect.

In the NBA, which is predominantly Black, these situations happen almost nightly, but many who aren't aware of what is taking place can easily misinterpret some of the events due to a lack of understanding and nuance.

Ultimately the entire notion of color is a farce, cultivated by people who profited from slavery. It was a lie the moment it was first told, that we are anything other than more alike, than we could ever be different.

The only thing that separates us biologically are chromosomal arrangement and how the skin expresses one amino acid, Tyrosine.

The more tyrosine, the more melanin, the darker the skin.

I meant no offense, so I don't feel the need to apologize for anyone's perception of the languaging I used, which was in response to what was said previously and also had no ill intent in it.

Many might want me to be more sensitive...ok.

I want many to be more resilient and to stop looking for every little thing to be offended by.

Neither of us might get what we want, but that also doesn't make either of us wrong.

Peace be with you sir.

#BannersOverBillboards
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:22 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

It's some white boy ish.

Ghetto blacktop ball.

2. The person hearing/reading it, decides to be take offense regardless of intent.

In this country we are in a nasty cycle of people reading into commentary so they can be offended where no offense was intended.

Case in point, how many of us have used the phrase, 'That's my boy.' or some variation, as a term of endearment for an adult man that we feel a brotherhood with?

Austin Reaves is certainly a man. In Black culture what happened last night was actually a test of his character, born out of frustration for sure, and a subsequent show of respect.

In the NBA, which is predominantly Black, these situations happen almost nightly, but many who aren't aware of what is taking place can easily misinterpret some of the events due to a lack of understanding and nuance.

Ultimately the entire notion of color is a farce, cultivated by people who profited from slavery. It was a lie the moment it was first told, that we are anything other than more alike, than we could ever be different.

The only thing that separates us biologically are chromosomal arrangement and how the skin expresses one amino acid, Tyrosine.

I meant no offense, so I don't feel the need to apologize for anyone's perception of the languaging I used, which was in response to what was said previously and also had no ill intent in it.

I want many to be more resilient and to stop looking for every little thing to be offended by.

Neither of us might get what we want, but that also doesn't make either of us wrong.

Peace be with you sir.

You have an issue with everything. Lol
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Was it a flop when he took a brutal elbow to the face?

Reaves is not a flopper. Certainly not any more than anyone else in the league. If he’s a flopper, then every player in the league is a flopper.

Reaves handled himself magnificently...tough as a coffin nail that kid...oh wait, that might be offensive...that young man.

He did sell a moving screen by Poole in the 4Q and probably flopped a bit, but as JVG and Mark said, that's what you have to do to get the call

I love this...what colloquialism am I allowed to use?

Uhhh...I love this....young, athletic, Caucasian, American, farm MAN (just doesn't have the same endearing ring to it), professional basketball player, who exhibits toughness, poise, grit, and respect.

Relax LakerDYnasty72...I'm just messing with you dawg...no ill intent whatsoever.

OneLove

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:28 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

It's some white boy ish.

Ghetto blacktop ball.

Peace be with you sir.

You have an issue with everything. Lol

I really do.

It's why I'm so enjoyable to be around.

#BannersOverBillboards
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Lakeshow23_ wrote:

It's his release imo. He's got a slow release, albeit, not as slow as Schroder. He won't put it up unless it's a clean look with ample spacing. Can't fault him for it as I think his % would drop if he chucked more.

It's funny cause his release in 2K is insanely quick
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Reaves doesn’t flop…he’s legitimately getting hit, if he didn’t exaggerate the contact, refs wouldn’t call those fouls he deserves l.

To me, flopping is when you pretend something happened when it didn’t aka the 2011 Lebron special lol
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject:

I have not seen Reaves flop either. By my definition flopping is pretending like there is contact that's moves you when there isn't. He's getting sufficient contact to move him.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

It's some white boy ish.

Ghetto blacktop ball.

Peace be with you sir.

You thought of it again? Enough to resurrect a dead issue? Got it.....moving on!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Reaves doesn’t flop…he’s legitimately getting hit, if he didn’t exaggerate the contact, refs wouldn’t call those fouls he deserves l.

To me, flopping is when you pretend something happened when it didn’t aka the 2011 Lebron special lol

Actually, the NBA's definition of flopping was exaggerating contact. Reaves is a flopper, but he never takes it to the comical lengths we used to see. I don't have a problem with that part of his game, but he seems to be getting a reputation around the league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 177, 178, 179  Next
Page 51 of 179
Jump to: