Lakers-Pacers Staring Contest May Last at Least 20 Games

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject: Lakers-Pacers Staring Contest May Last at Least 20 Games

Hey All,

ICYMI latest @BleacherReport Lakers-Pacers Staring Contest May Last at Least 20 Games https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10051018-lakers-pacers-staring-contest-may-last-at-least-20-games

Cheers,

EP
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject:

I think the Pacers can win this staring contest. If the Lakers start out 5-15, the noise will be deafening and the asking price will remain at 2 FRPs.

Lakers have much more to lose than the Pacers here IMO.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think the Pacers can win this staring contest. If the Lakers start out 5-15, the noise will be deafening and the asking price will remain at 2 FRPs.

Lakers have much more to lose than the Pacers here IMO.

I'm pretty sure everyone in the league is projecting us to be a 8-10th seed. I think the fans have accepted this as well. I think the fans have also accepted that even a Turner/Hield trade does not make us a top 4 seed.

I'm convinced that we'd rather be a play-in team than trade both FRPs for that package.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers are like 12-8 and Pacers 3-17 and Turner asks out?

Very different circumstances - enough that LA may not even want to make a trade
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject:

From what I watched yesterday, we looked beyond a Turner and Hield from a title.

It could also work the other way... where we do so badly, that we just throw in the towel and go into rebuild mode.

I get that the first half was okay... but those new players were absolutely terrible. I'm not saying there weren't promising moments but they lost 35 points of ground to a mediocre team.

I don't know how LBJ and AD compete even if Russ is doing better. They need some sort of decent second unit and just adding Schroder and Walker won't help them beat Golden State.

So, if I were Indiana, maybe I try to get something in case the Lakers go down the tubes, before it's too late.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

So third-string Lakers didn't do well? That's relevant, how, exactly?

lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: