Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 394, 395, 396 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:42 am    Post subject:

PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject:

This season's Russ is the ultimate example of why you need to watch the game vs the box score. His stretches feel so productive, yet his scoring over the last 7-8 games would make you think we're just surviving his minutes.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
This season's Russ is the ultimate example of why you need to watch the game vs the box score. His stretches feel so productive, yet his scoring over the last 7-8 games would make you think we're just surviving his minutes.

Well he is fooling a lot of posters here... Apparently he is playing lights out and very well off the bench.

I think people thinks because he comes off the bench he plays well for a bench guy. That is the standard for Russ now who makes $47m and a former MVP.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Well he is fooling a lot of posters here... Apparently he is playing lights out and very well off the bench.

I think people thinks because he comes off the bench he plays well for a bench guy. That is the standard for Russ now who makes $47m and a former MVP.

We know he is overpaid, but you have to play him and he is playing a key role. Bron makes 50 mil a year the next two years. How about that?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

We know he is overpaid, but you have to play him and he is playing a key role. Bron makes 50 mil a year the next two years. How about that?

Lebron is putting up 26/9/5 at 47/32/72 split... Those numbers are considered on the decline down year for him... How about that?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

If you had used the word what instead of how, you literally would have put the what about in the whataboutism. It is entirely possible and likely that westie’s value and value vs his contract is a separate discussion from the same about LBJ. If I tell you that wal mart sucks, and you say but what about target as a response, you’re not really addressing whether or not my statement is true.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject:

Lakers are 6-4 last 10 games.

Russ in those 10 games (rounding up #s):

14ppg
5rpg
8apg to 3.6TOs.

Shooting 36.4% overall and 29% from 3.

I think he's an important bench spark. But at 47m, that sort of production is more along the lines of a 12-15m/year player.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

14ppg
5rpg
8apg to 3.6TOs.

I think he's an important bench spark. But at 47m, that sort of production is more along the lines of a 12-15m/year player.

I think Russ's true contract value is probably closer to 18m. I'm assuming like 3-6 salary bump for his marketability/status. Any other player, I'd probably agree with the $12-15.

I think that's also similar to Lebron as I think at this stage he's no longer a $47 mil player either. He's probably closer to $30-32.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

14ppg
5rpg
8apg to 3.6TOs.

I think Russ's true contract value is probably closer to 18m. I'm assuming like 3-6 salary bump for his marketability/status. Any other player, I'd probably agree with the $12-15.

I think that's also similar to Lebron as I think at this stage he's no longer a $47 mil player either. He's probably closer to $30-32.

right, but did they get extra money for being more valuable than the contract at their peak years? i think it is not fair to judge the player at current stage but simply ignoring the fact they earned every penny of their contract at the time of signing. in Lebron's case, he brings people to the seats and Lakers always take care of their stars so they can get the next one.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

Since coming off the bench:

Minutes: 27.8 (beautiful)
FG%: 41.8% (ew)
3PT%: 35.7% (nice)
FT%: 69.2% (eesh)
Rebs: 4.9
Assists: 7.7 ()
TOs: 3.9 ()

Not perfect, but pretty good for a bench player.
It's been so nice to see Russ having fun on the court again.
It's been nice to not hear fans boo him.

Can he keep this up?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Hussle Westbrook indeed
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject:

That hustle play sealed the deal for us. This version of Russ is so valuable
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Best game of his Laker career!!!
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject:

That diving play for the loose ball late in the 4th was f*ing fantastic. What an effort. Loving our 6MOY.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook with an amazing game today, with that amazing play down the stretch to basically secure the win for the Lakers.

He really shows he can be a force. Can't appreciate enough how well he's taken to his role off the bench, not many former MVPs could do that.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Well played game from Brodie today, just need to work on FTs. I still get the jitters whenever he's heading to the line.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject:

If Westbrook keeps up this play and agreed to come back on an 18M a year deal to come off the bench for us after this season. Would you say yes?
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

After having 12 TO in 2 games he has had 0 in his last 2.

Thats all I want from him. i don't care about miss shots just dont play dumb.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If Westbrook keeps up this play and agreed to come back on an 18M a year deal to come off the bench for us after this season. Would you say yes?

If Brodie was willing to be our punch off the bench, I'd hope the FO would be willing to negotiate.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Solid game.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Keep him. Trade Nunn, Bev and Picks instead
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think we can trade him now, those passes by him were too important to get AD and our bench players going. lebron is the only other guy that has this ability. We might have to live with some TOs because that’s the nature of the game, but he is not being selfish now, being a pass first playmaker.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Nah... can't tie that much on someone coming off the bench when cap space would only be around $35mil. If WB could produce while starting that would be a different story. Walker and Reev3s would take priority along with another starter at either C, PF, or SF whichever position not occupied by AD/LBJ.

For next year my wish list is that Bryant/Gabriel/TBjr come back for 2-year vet min. I'd offer the 2nd year player option to give them incentive to take it. Re-sign Turner (we're gonna trade for him soon lol) for $20mil then WB/Schroeder split what's left of the cap approx $7mil each. ntpMLE to sign Walker $10mil, BAE for Reev3s $4mil. Wish, dream, pipe...I know lol!

2023 TEAM
Turner Bryant Jones
AD Gabriel Swider
LBJ TBjr StanleyJohnson
Walker Reev3s Christie
Schroeder WB PippenJR

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
MJST wrote:

Nah... can't tie that much on someone coming off the bench when cap space would only be around $35mil. If WB could produce while starting that would be a different story. Walker and Reev3s would take priority along with another starter at either C, PF, or SF whichever position not occupied by AD/LBJ.

For next year my wish list is that Bryant/Gabriel/TBjr come back for 2-year vet min. I'd offer the 2nd year player option to give them incentive to take it. Sign Turner for $20mil then WB/Schroeder split what's left of the cap approx $7mil each. ntpMLE to sign Walker $10mil, BAE for Reev3s $4mil. Wish, dream, pipe...I know lol!

2023 TEAM
Turner Bryant Jones
AD Gabriel Swider
LBJ TBjr StanleyJohnson
Walker Reev3s Christie
Schroeder WB PippenJR

Would not give turner 20 mil per year, this guy is not right mentally and this is his contract year which he has been just ok. I’d rather spend on kuzma if the money is the same. Wenyen and TB have been more than capable to fill the backup roles.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
MJST wrote:

For next year my wish list is that Bryant/Gabriel/TBjr come back for 2-year vet min. I'd offer the 2nd year player option to give them incentive to take it. Sign Turner for $20mil then WB/Schroeder split what's left of the cap approx $7mil each. ntpMLE to sign Walker $10mil, BAE for Reev3s $4mil. Wish, dream, pipe...I know lol!

2023 TEAM
Turner Bryant Jones
AD Gabriel Swider
LBJ TBjr StanleyJohnson
Walker Reev3s Christie
Schroeder WB PippenJR

Would not give turner 20 mil per year, this guy is not right mentally and this is his contract year which he has been just ok. I’d rather spend on kuzma if the money is the same. Wenyen and TB have been more than capable to fill the backup roles.

I feel ya, plus there is a lot of synergy with the team right now having AD at the 5, it we are committing to that then I wouldn't mind a starting PF/SF instead of Turner to go with AD/LBJ...Kuzma would be a good reclamation.

AD Bryant Jones
LBJ Gabriel Swider
Kuzma TBjr StanleyJohnson
Walker Reev3s Christie
Schroeder WB PippenJR
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 394, 395, 396 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 395 of 426
Jump to: