Jayson Tatum says he's honored to wear Kobe Bryant's No. 10 for Team USA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

Wish him a long successful career in Boston.
Hopefully every time he mentions and honors Kobe, it's a sharp mamba dagger into the ugly hearts of Celtics fans.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Wish him a long successful career in Boston.
Hopefully every time he mentions and honors Kobe, it's a sharp mamba dagger into the ugly hearts of Celtics fans.

lets not forget. that arena chanted MVP for kobe. Staples would never...ever do that for a celtics player.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
If we had Tatum instead of Ball, the 18-19 season would have looked very different in a good way. We might not even want to give Tatum up for AD. Even if we did, we wouldn't have had to give up so many assets. Tatum, Ingram and Hart might have been enough to get AD.

We'd give up Tatum for AD

Everyone watches what Tatum is doing right now, but forget what he was looking like the year we'd have traded him.

Gotta look at he and Ingram in the sense that in terms of progression in his game he's been about a season ahead of Ingram in progression despite coming into the league 1 season later.

Anyway Ingram's final season as a Laker was the 2018-2019 season.
He put up 18.3 PPG 5.1 REB and 3.0 AST on 49.7% Field and 33% from three.

He was traded along with Lonzo to New Orleans because they weren't going to part with Davis unless they got both our lottery picks. There were rumors that they wanted Kuzma, but the Lakers refused to throw him in, the question is whether or not they wanted Kuzma for Ball, for Ingram or if they were convinced to take Hart instead of him. Either way, we were gonna have to part with our lottery picks for AD.

The 2018-2019 season for Tatum looked like this 15.7 PPG 6.0 REB and 2.1 AST on 45% from the Field and 37% from three.

There is no way... AND THE ROCK MEANS..NO...WAY... that the Lakers would have valued Tatum over AD. The moment New Orleans said "Give us Ingram and Tatum for AD" the Lakers would have done it instantaneously.

People like "We wouldn't have let Tatum go... " when Ingram had a better season than him the year we not only let him go... but the year that Magic tried to get rid of him at the trade deadline for AD, packaging pretty much anyone not named LeBron for him, which New Orleans denied us.

So yeah.. the Lakers would have traded Tatum. You'd just be watching him and Ingram tearing it up on New Orleans now instead of one in New Orleans and one in Boston. It is what it is. But there's no way we were keeping Tatum if we're still getting AD.

Pretty much. I've been saying this in every thread where people talk about Tatum, Booker, Mitchell in relation to Ingram. All those cats would still be in New Orleans. At the time of the trade, AD was more valuable and a tier above them in terms of production and defense. The only young players that don't get traded for AD are Luka and Giannis. That's it.

Personally, I'm super excited for what BI will be able to do with a new coach. He's never had anyone close to Brad Stevens' caliber. Watching him get doubled on a nightly basis with Zion on the floor shows how much SVG struggled with figuring out the spacing and rotations.

Idk. He had zero bugs to his game. You knew he would be elite. The others were maybes. Still are. That trade was so lopsided in our favor.

NO got a pretty good haul. BI ended up an all-star and MIP. At the very least, he's going to be a 24/5/5 on 48/39/87 splits player from here on out. Personally, I don't see why he can't be compared to Booker, Tatum or Mitchell if he keeps producing like this. I still want to see how he does in the playoff setting with a coach that utilizes him properly. Zo transformed his shooting and will be borderline all-star if he stays healthy. Hart is the 2nd the best rebounding guard in the league. Only concern for young talent is health, which can now be applied to AD unfortunately.

zion and BI should have made playoffs. BI reminds me of KAT. excellent stat guys but dont have that extra gear to push his team over the top. The other guys book, JT Spida turn it up to an extra level especially when lights get bright.

1) Again, Booker is not the messiah you think he is. The Suns were a lottery team for 5 straight years before CP3 joined the team. The Jazz went 10-5 after Mitchell got hurt. Boston finished the season with a .500 record. Team construction plays a bigger role, and there are only a few players that can elevate their teams to winning records (Luka, Giannis, etc). Zion will get there.

2) Your point about Pels underachieving is fair, but Zion, BI, Hart and Zo missed a good chunk of games. I think they will do really well next season.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

^ The other key piece that the Suns got this year was Monty.
I wonder if Monty could have helped those earlier Suns teams to the playoffs.
Probably not.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
If we had Tatum instead of Ball, the 18-19 season would have looked very different in a good way. We might not even want to give Tatum up for AD. Even if we did, we wouldn't have had to give up so many assets. Tatum, Ingram and Hart might have been enough to get AD.

Everyone watches what Tatum is doing right now, but forget what he was looking like the year we'd have traded him.

Gotta look at he and Ingram in the sense that in terms of progression in his game he's been about a season ahead of Ingram in progression despite coming into the league 1 season later.

He was traded along with Lonzo to New Orleans because they weren't going to part with Davis unless they got both our lottery picks. There were rumors that they wanted Kuzma, but the Lakers refused to throw him in, the question is whether or not they wanted Kuzma for Ball, for Ingram or if they were convinced to take Hart instead of him. Either way, we were gonna have to part with our lottery picks for AD.

The 2018-2019 season for Tatum looked like this 15.7 PPG 6.0 REB and 2.1 AST on 45% from the Field and 37% from three.

There is no way... AND THE ROCK MEANS..NO...WAY... that the Lakers would have valued Tatum over AD. The moment New Orleans said "Give us Ingram and Tatum for AD" the Lakers would have done it instantaneously.

People like "We wouldn't have let Tatum go... " when Ingram had a better season than him the year we not only let him go... but the year that Magic tried to get rid of him at the trade deadline for AD, packaging pretty much anyone not named LeBron for him, which New Orleans denied us.

So yeah.. the Lakers would have traded Tatum. You'd just be watching him and Ingram tearing it up on New Orleans now instead of one in New Orleans and one in Boston. It is what it is. But there's no way we were keeping Tatum if we're still getting AD.

Pretty much. I've been saying this in every thread where people talk about Tatum, Booker, Mitchell in relation to Ingram. All those cats would still be in New Orleans. At the time of the trade, AD was more valuable and a tier above them in terms of production and defense. The only young players that don't get traded for AD are Luka and Giannis. That's it.

Personally, I'm super excited for what BI will be able to do with a new coach. He's never had anyone close to Brad Stevens' caliber. Watching him get doubled on a nightly basis with Zion on the floor shows how much SVG struggled with figuring out the spacing and rotations.

Idk. He had zero bugs to his game. You knew he would be elite. The others were maybes. Still are. That trade was so lopsided in our favor.

NO got a pretty good haul. BI ended up an all-star and MIP. At the very least, he's going to be a 24/5/5 on 48/39/87 splits player from here on out. Personally, I don't see why he can't be compared to Booker, Tatum or Mitchell if he keeps producing like this. I still want to see how he does in the playoff setting with a coach that utilizes him properly. Zo transformed his shooting and will be borderline all-star if he stays healthy. Hart is the 2nd the best rebounding guard in the league. Only concern for young talent is health, which can now be applied to AD unfortunately.

zion and BI should have made playoffs. BI reminds me of KAT. excellent stat guys but dont have that extra gear to push his team over the top. The other guys book, JT Spida turn it up to an extra level especially when lights get bright.

1) Again, Booker is not the messiah you think he is. The Suns were a lottery team for 5 straight years before CP3 joined the team. The Jazz went 10-5 after Mitchell got hurt. Boston finished the season with a .500 record. Team construction plays a bigger role, and there are only a few players that can elevate their teams to winning records (Luka, Giannis, etc). Zion will get there.

2) Your point about Pels underachieving is fair, but Zion, BI, Hart and Zo missed a good chunk of games. I think they will do really well next season.

i dont know bout messiah. i am a huge fan as i am of luka, tatum, trae, freak, spida. Whoever wins this finals I am happy.

Bi is dope in the same way KAT is except because we drafted him I hold him in higher regard. I dont think he is a 1A like the other guys. and everyone missed time this year.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

i dont know bout messiah. i am a huge fan as i am of luka, tatum, trae, freak, spida. Whoever wins this finals I am happy.

Bi is dope in the same way KAT is except because we drafted him I hold him in higher regard. I dont think he is a 1A like the other guys. and everyone missed time this year.

I agree with you to some extent. I enjoy rooting for young players too, and I'm a huge fan of the NBA when they're not being overly political. However, it becomes a little harder when we hear garbage takes like Booker being the next Kobe or Mitchell being better than Stockton or Malone. The media truly sets up these players to fail, which is why I try not to watch ESPN.

I'll even gladly admit BI needs to improve in certain areas, especially defense and balance on offense. It's also true that BI hasn't performed on the biggest stage the way Mitchell, Booker and Tatum have, but he hasn't made the playoffs yet, and he's been on dysfunctional squads. He's on his 4th coach in 4 years, which isn't his fault at all. I think he'd benefit from the same coaching stability that guys like Mitchell and Tatum had. I really hope Willie Green is the one. I'm cautiously optimistic.

While NBA twitter and reddit have more or less written him off, the jury is still out on him IMO. There's a part of me that wants him to succeed. He worked his tail off and never complained while he was here. He's as humble as they get.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

KOBE

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I agree with you to some extent. I enjoy rooting for young players too, and I'm a huge fan of the NBA when they're not being overly political. However, it becomes a little harder when we hear garbage takes like Booker being the next Kobe or Mitchell being better than Stockton or Malone. The media truly sets up these players to fail, which is why I try not to watch ESPN.

I'll even gladly admit BI needs to improve in certain areas, especially defense and balance on offense. It's also true that BI hasn't performed on the biggest stage the way Mitchell, Booker and Tatum have, but he hasn't made the playoffs yet, and he's been on dysfunctional squads. He's on his 4th coach in 4 years, which isn't his fault at all. I think he'd benefit from the same coaching stability that guys like Mitchell and Tatum had. I really hope Willie Green is the one. I'm cautiously optimistic.

While NBA twitter and reddit have more or less written him off, the jury is still out on him IMO. There's a part of me that wants him to succeed. He worked his tail off and never complained while he was here. He's as humble as they get.

come on. Magic isnt known for knowing much outside of making money and running the floor. Slobbering A Smith is you know. Booker doesnt say much. Spida doesnt say much. thats why im surprised some dont like them. i get rivalry etc but they seem like chill guys. hell Book called PG a soft kitty to his face. It doesnt hurt for me that book/tatum mirror their game after the great one and with that keep his legacy alive on the court.

My fandom of bean is ridiculous. maybe that factors into it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Whenever I work out and do reps or laps. I always push myself harder on the 10th one. I call it the β€œOlympic Kobe” rep/lap.

Miss ya Kobe.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject:

btw, there's still some size 14 Mamba fury at Dick's online
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: