K-POP 🌎 Domination Thread (#SSFW: Sexy Safe For Work Fancams Welcome 💋)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 3861

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Sexy Jeongyeon “shake that booty that booty booty”
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
XTC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2002
Posts: 5998

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
XTC wrote:

[...] The idea of suppressing Twice's sales to prop up that weak boy band in order to bring in more investors is disappointing in a modern era. That old patricharchal society mindset needs go by by way of the dodo bird.


Maybe JYPE have a feeling they might not be able to afford TWICE’s contract. If they leave JYPE I wouldn’t mind, as long as all of them stay together, they’ll be successful anywhere they decide to go.



That would make sense, renewals often favor the artists as Twice will receive up to 70% depending on the sales category, so would probably put a damper on JYPE's earnings. Looks like they're trying to hedge their bets in case Twice decides they've had enough and aren't going to take it anymore. Agree that even if they sign with another label, maybe HYBE (Big Hit Music Label), they'll likely still be outselling everyone else for years to come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tomdela07
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 08 Jul 2021
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:02 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Sexy Jeongyeon “shake that booty that booty booty”


If only the girls had a booty to shake
Love Kpop tho... BTS is my kinda thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9961

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Jihyo

https://twitter.com/subjectkpop/status/1417291801895964674?s=21


Winning! Sporty type really suits Jihyo!

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Sexy Jeongyeon “shake that booty that booty booty”


Damn. Short hair Jeongyeon usually plays cute tomboy while long hair Jeongyeon does the sexy mature type, so this hits different!

TWICE winning!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 5082
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject:

Old Skool K-POP

FINKL - Eternal Love
S.E.S - I'm Your Girl
_________________
Sanchooo!
Manchester United | Greatest European Moments
Fabric of United - Our Belief
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 3861

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Damn. Short hair Jeongyeon usually plays cute tomboy while long hair Jeongyeon does the sexy mature type, so this hits different! !


Why not have both? Sexy short hair Jeongyeon and Cutie long hair Jeongyeon!
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9961

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Damn. Short hair Jeongyeon usually plays cute tomboy while long hair Jeongyeon does the sexy mature type, so this hits different! !


Why not have both? Sexy short hair Jeongyeon and Cutie long hair Jeongyeon!


Her evolution in last 5 years is crazy.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/twice-jeongyeon-hair-color-evolution-iconic/

Almost like they’re all a different girl.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 2091

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Any Minzy fans? She will have a live Q&A tomorrow here.
_________________
Avengers: Endgame
Hail Hydra
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 2091

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Damn. Short hair Jeongyeon usually plays cute tomboy while long hair Jeongyeon does the sexy mature type, so this hits different! !


Why not have both? Sexy short hair Jeongyeon and Cutie long hair Jeongyeon!


Her evolution in last 5 years is crazy.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/twice-jeongyeon-hair-color-evolution-iconic/

Almost like they’re all a different girl.


There is a sad story behind her short hair.

Before Sixteen, her company wanted to promote her as “girl crush” to attract female fans like boy groups do so they made her cut her hair short and style her as the group’s tomboy which is rare for a girl group. She didn’t want it but she couldn’t disobey either. She even acted boyish in the early eras. She slowly grew her hair back and acted more feminine, but her company was not happy about it and so she keeps cutting it short.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NjqbUyv37oM

Small clip between Jihyo and Jeongyeon talking about it.
_________________
Avengers: Endgame
Hail Hydra
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9961

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Old Skool K-POP

FINKL - Eternal Love
S.E.S - I'm Your Girl


Had no idea K-pop existed since the 90's! For some reason i thought it was just something that happened maybe just 8-9 years ago. I learned more about K-pop on this board than I do an actual K-pop board. Thanks!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9961

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Why not have both? Sexy short hair Jeongyeon and Cutie long hair Jeongyeon!


Her evolution in last 5 years is crazy.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/twice-jeongyeon-hair-color-evolution-iconic/

Almost like they’re all a different girl.


There is a sad story behind her short hair.

Before Sixteen, her company wanted to promote her as “girl crush” to attract female fans like boy groups do so they made her cut her hair short and style her as the group’s tomboy which is rare for a girl group. She didn’t want it but she couldn’t disobey either. She even acted boyish in the early eras. She slowly grew her hair back and acted more feminine, but her company was not happy about it and so she keeps cutting it short.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NjqbUyv37oM

Small clip between Jihyo and Jeongyeon talking about it.


Damn that's crazy. And to hear about what's going on with her now on hiatus, it just makes me sad. Listening to all these stories really make me appreciate her more. Fighting!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 5082
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Old Skool K-POP

FINKL - Eternal Love
S.E.S - I'm Your Girl


Had no idea K-pop existed since the 90's! For some reason i thought it was just something that happened maybe just 8-9 years ago. I learned more about K-pop on this board than I do an actual K-pop board. Thanks!


Yep, started in 92 with Seo Taiji
_________________
Sanchooo!
Manchester United | Greatest European Moments
Fabric of United - Our Belief
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 2091

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Reason #BlackMamba is trending

https://twitter.com/pollstar/status/1418291694391463938?s=21
_________________
Avengers: Endgame
Hail Hydra
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 3861

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Why not have both? Sexy short hair Jeongyeon and Cutie long hair Jeongyeon!


Her evolution in last 5 years is crazy.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/twice-jeongyeon-hair-color-evolution-iconic/

Almost like they’re all a different girl.


There is a sad story behind her short hair.

Before Sixteen, her company wanted to promote her as “girl crush” to attract female fans like boy groups do so they made her cut her hair short and style her as the group’s tomboy which is rare for a girl group. She didn’t want it but she couldn’t disobey either. She even acted boyish in the early eras. She slowly grew her hair back and acted more feminine, but her company was not happy about it and so she keeps cutting it short.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NjqbUyv37oM

Small clip between Jihyo and Jeongyeon talking about it.


Damn that's crazy. And to hear about what's going on with her now on hiatus, it just makes me sad. Listening to all these stories really make me appreciate her more. Fighting!


She’s now back to short hair again. I like her hair short. She was the 1st one I noticed who completely stood out. No girl groups had someone with the same haircut as BTS. Usually it takes a while to know who’s who among K-pop groups, but Jeongyeon was easily identifiable.

Sadly even though she was very popular in Korea, international fans weren’t noticing her until Dance the Night Away era when she grew her hair out, sad. She’s beautiful either way.
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 2091

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

For Twice fans, Jihyo hinted that there might be an announcement tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/twice_trans/status/1419309064408879110?s=21
_________________
Avengers: Endgame
Hail Hydra
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 3861

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
For Twice fans, Jihyo hinted that there might be an announcement tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/twice_trans/status/1419309064408879110?s=21


Is the announcement the Yes I am Jihyo Photo book?
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
gblews
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Did NOT expect to find a Kpop thread even in OT,, at LG.

Read an article 3 years ago about American pop/r&b songwriters writing songs for Kpop groups because of the ways in which the business had changed in the US. Did a search on YouTube and discovered Blackpink. Now I’m a total Blink. Lol!

I have also gotten into Mamamoo in the last few months. I think they have the 3 best singing voices in Kpop. I’m not into the whole cutesy thing ar all. Twice is okay, really pretty girls (Jeongyeong) and Momo is a great dancer.

Agree with general consensus about boy Kpop groups. They all seem like posers and fake tough guys. Haven’t seen one that I really like.

But to me, BP have so much charisma, and unlike so many of the other groups, I like a lot of their songs. Helps that 3 of the members are fluent in Eng. Makes Jenny and Lisa’s rapping much more compelling. Waiting for Lisa’s solo.

My daughter laughs so hard at me every time I mention Kpop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 3861

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

gblews wrote:
Did NOT expect to find a Kpop thread even in OT,, at LG.

Read an article 3 years ago about American pop/r&b songwriters writing songs for Kpop groups because of the ways in which the business had changed in the US. Did a search on YouTube and discovered Blackpink. Now I’m a total Blink. Lol!

I have also gotten into Mamamoo in the last few months. I think they have the 3 best singing voices in Kpop. I’m not into the whole cutesy thing ar all. Twice is okay, really pretty girls (Jeongyeong) and Momo is a great dancer.

Agree with general consensus about boy Kpop groups. They all seem like posers and fake tough guys. Haven’t seen one that I really like.

But to me, BP have so much charisma, and unlike so many of the other groups, I like a lot of their songs. Helps that 3 of the members are fluent in Eng. Makes Jenny and Lisa’s rapping much more compelling. Waiting for Lisa’s solo.

My daughter laughs so hard at me every time I mention Kpop.


I'm a OnceBlinkMerryReveluver.

Twice and Blackpink are literally the 2 biggest Kpop girl groups. They're very different genres of Kpop too. Twice has that now nostalgic bubblegum sound, while BP is westernized.

I'm really into the bubblegum and Twice is like the last huge bubblegum group era of Kpop because most the new groups popping up these days are trying to be like BP westernized, although Twice's last 3 ablums they're now more femme fatale mature and the bubblegum sound has kind of disappeared except on a few B-sides.
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 2091

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Old Skool K-POP

FINKL - Eternal Love
S.E.S - I'm Your Girl


Had no idea K-pop existed since the 90's! For some reason i thought it was just something that happened maybe just 8-9 years ago. I learned more about K-pop on this board than I do an actual K-pop board. Thanks!


Yep, started in 92 with Seo Taiji


I was exposed to Seo Taiji around 2004 freshman year highschool. I had a friend who I would borrow DBZ VHS tapes from who randomly lent me his Seo Taiji CD.
_________________
Avengers: Endgame
Hail Hydra
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 2091

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
For Twice fans, Jihyo hinted that there might be an announcement tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/twice_trans/status/1419309064408879110?s=21


Is the announcement the Yes I am Jihyo Photo book?


I believe so. Tonight they will be having a live online event to promote Perfect World:

https://youtu.be/rnoSvscvh6U
_________________
Avengers: Endgame
Hail Hydra
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 3861

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:08 am    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:

I believe so. Tonight they will be having a live online event to promote Perfect World:

https://youtu.be/rnoSvscvh6U


No Jeongyeon
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9961

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

I believe so. Tonight they will be having a live online event to promote Perfect World:

https://youtu.be/rnoSvscvh6U


No Jeongyeon


To cheer you up! A thread of Twice Jeongyeon as MC dancing to Blackpink, kinda.

https://twitter.com/imsupercap/status/1420441358582444037?s=21
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
gblews
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Read a headline from Forbes a few days ago, that an idol named Mina was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. Couldn’t read the article and the headline didn’t say which Mina or the name of the group or the nature of the illness.

Anyone hear about this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
XTC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2002
Posts: 5998

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

gblews wrote:
Read a headline from Forbes a few days ago, that an idol named Mina was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. Couldn’t read the article and the headline didn’t say which Mina or the name of the group or the nature of the illness.

Anyone hear about this?


It’s apparently Mina from AOA (not Mina from Twice), not sure what were the circumstances that led up to the situation, but it sounds like her condition has stabilized.
https://www.newsweek.com/mina-kpop-aoa-hospital-suicide-jimin-bullying-cheating-1614207
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
XTC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2002
Posts: 5998

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject:

gblews wrote:


But to me, BP have so much charisma, and unlike so many of the other groups, I like a lot of their songs. Helps that 3 of the members are fluent in Eng. Makes Jenny and Lisa’s rapping much more compelling. Waiting for Lisa’s solo.




Looking forward to her debut as well — Lisa posted some images related to her solo a few days ago, thought it was going to be released this week. With things on hiatus for the Olympics, they still have time to release it before she hits the music show circuit.

Speaking of Mamamoo, what do you think of Moon Byul’s rapping? How does it compare with others you’ve heard? The word is that she’s in the mix with Soyeon (G)i-dle, Jennie/Lisa as the best female rappers in kpop. Then there’s also Dami of Dreamcatcher, she can hold her own, however she doesn’t get to showcase her skills as often due to the group’s rock concept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB