Andre Drummond good enough to have Starter Minutes for the Lakers & Max Contract
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Ice cube jr getting in on banter

You better do it then!!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ flip the narrative! Laker fans not playing around dawg lmao
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Ripping Vogelā€¦the dude that protected you and gave you every chance to earn that job.

Donā€™t blame him for your shortcomings. Harrell and Drummond are a lot alike.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

It's well known that Vogel screwed up the center rotations the moment we got Drummond and he knew how to properly implement them he just refused to. He said he'd start Drummond, play Gasol at backup 5 and Harrell at backup 4.

He wound up doing none of those things with any kind of consistency. So I won't pretend like Vogel didn't screw the situation with his horrible understanding of offense and stubbornness not listening to his own players on the rotation being bad.

That said, Drummond didn't do himself all the favors and could have played better.

Understanding that if Drummond bolts in free agency, and Harrell doesn't pick up his Player Option, we'll need to get another center in free agency and Gasol will return to the starting position at 5. Which I wouldn't mind.

Would rather re-sign him for half the MLE or the MLE because he is worth at least that in the league. The Max? Heck no.

But that instagram comment just lowers his value across the league because players aren't allowed to bash their own coaches without doing so, so good for us.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Ripping Vogelā€¦the dude that protected you and gave you every chance to earn that job.

Gotta keep in mind SD, only reason why we even considered Drummond was because of ADā€™s injury, it wasnā€™t some sort of interest because of what he can do for us, this wasnā€™t like Dwight, now that was different because we were invested in him from the start of training camp.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) this guy.

Don't let the door hit you. Seriously, he sucked, and I was wanting him so badly on this team.

(bleep) him, Trez, and DS.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Iā€™m bored and the Finals ainā€™t really going to do it for me so here we go...turn up or tune out...youā€™ve been warned haha.

You have to admit, something is afoot.

Like what in the actual (bleep) happened to our center rotation this year. Where does the center of blame get put?

Drummond has an issue.
Trez got an issue.
Marc got an issue.

They crying a river, with AD thinking they can have it all, as long as I can rest my soft tissue.

You can center your eyes to this past offseason, and youā€™ll notice real quick that this rhyme had no reason.

Dwight looks like heā€™s about to re-up only to get teeā€™d-up. What was Trez fore, or should I say four, cause he sure didnā€™t see much time at the 5. So heā€™s out the door.

McGee gets dropped cause we need to make Marcā€™s deal a 2year stop...but donā€™t sweat getting the mop...he doesnā€™t use Gas-at-oll, cuz heā€™s always parked. Kuz openly questions why Vogs ainā€™t playing Gasol. Who made dude a minute cop?

Drummond gets promised to start, then Vogs has a sudden change of heart. Gets a DNP in his last Laker game of the season...our buyout szn wasnā€™t very smart.

So with Vogs clearly being this FOā€™s hire, and with Rob stating in the exit presser that the FO and coaching staff make personnel decisions hand-in-hand...you have to admitt, it sure looked like the shoe donā€™t fit.

I really wanted this post to hit hard, but instead, itā€™s hardly a hit. In my head it sounded lit, while I got you heading to the exit.

#TurnstileFreestyle, is what I should call it.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Screw Drummond. And Snoop Dogg.
šŸ’œšŸ’› šŸ† šŸ‘€ šŸ– #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Gotta keep in mind SD, only reason why we even considered Drummond was because of ADā€™s injury, it wasnā€™t some sort of interest because of what he can do for us, this wasnā€™t like Dwight, now that was different because we were invested in him from the start of training camp.

Even if AD had been healthy, I am sure we still would have gone after Drummond. He was one of the most desirable buyout guys.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Even if AD had been healthy, I am sure we still would have gone after Drummond. He was one of the most desirable buyout guys.

This.

We DON'T WANT Anthony Davis playing center. Andre Drummond was the 'young athletic' center type people were clamoring for all year while ignoring all the good Gasol did.

The perfect fit at center for this Lakers team that might be affordable tbh is Thomas Bryant. But he's coming off a very bad injury so there's no telling if he'll be the same now.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

We should have just kept Damien Jones. He was the better fit based on our needs esp defensively.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I can see it that way to activeverb but in large I donā€™t think the Lakers ever had any plans to have him be apart of the long term plans, if he wants to come back for the vet minimum I donā€™t mind bringing him back next year although knowing how greedy and arrogant heā€™s been acting thatā€™s probably unlikely.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Andre Drummond
@AndreDrummond
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I love the internet

Thank you for keeping me entertained this afternoon šŸ™šŸ˜‚

He got us šŸ˜‰
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I can see it that way to activeverb but in large I donā€™t think the Lakers ever had any plans to have him be apart of the long term plans, if he wants to come back for the vet minimum I donā€™t mind bringing him back next year although knowing how greedy and arrogant heā€™s been acting thatā€™s probably unlikely.

It's funny that you call him "greedy and arrogant" -- because isn't that exactly what you are?

You think a player should take less money to play for the team you root for because that benefits the team you root for.

You are basically criticizing him for putting his own self-interests above your self interest.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It's funny that you call him "greedy and arrogant" -- because isn't that exactly what you are?

You think a player should take less money to play for the team you root for because that benefits the team you root for.

You are basically criticizing him for putting his own self-interests above your self interest.

I donā€™t really care what kind of money he wants, but we are Laker fans so we need our players to prove they deserve a nice contract, not sure whatā€™s so hard to realize on what my interests are as a Lakers fan, if he played well for us I would have like him back and I still do but he needs to earn his stripes.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
not sure whatā€™s so hard to realize on what my interests are as a Lakers fan,

That's exactly what I was pointing out.

You think in terms of your own self-interest.

He is "greedy and arrogant," in your mind, because he is thinking about his own self-interest rather than yours.

No big deal. You're just a run-of-the-mill hypocrite. Most people are.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

If Drummond comes back and has a good year for us, I would have interest in keeping him long term but my whole point was about him earning it, if he wants to come back for cheap and earn his way into a contract next summer then I would welcome him back.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

IG - itā€™s all relative. From his perspective - he sacrificed and did whatever he needed to do relative to what was asked of him. We were the ones that promised him the starting spot. Youā€™re going to set your expectations based on what the market says. Have you ever met someone who felt that the following year in their career they should take a 30% or more pay cut. No one operates that way. He made $28 mil last year - heā€™s not going to drop down to 1 mil. No ones ego will take that. More importantly heā€™s going to get offers for more than that guaranteed.

Injuries happened. But thereā€™s fair blame on his performance on the coaching staff. Vogel gets an F to me for his lineups this past year. He didnā€™t put a lot of players in positions to succeed. I thought Drummond underproduced against Ayton and it appears that players flat out are not afraid of his rim protection. Maybe thatā€™s because he spent a lot of the year training on his own but teams went at him, Trez and Gasol.

Overall I thought Drummond was a disappointment but I canā€™t distinguish between who gets the line share of blame: injuries, continuity, lineups or fit. Maybe itā€™s 25% each of all. Maybe itā€™s 90% injury. Iā€™m never going to fault a player for wanting to get paid - if you can get it - take it. Itā€™s what 999/1000 people would do.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Drummond comes back and has a good year for us, I would have interest in keeping him long term but my whole point was about him earning it, if he wants to come back for cheap and earn his way into a contract next summer then I would welcome him back.

Cool. You'll allow Drummond to come back for minimum wage and prove his worth to you.

I am sure his team will jump on that opportunity immediately.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Drummond feels that he should be given a place in the starting lineup. The question is, should he?

Is he mobile like Ayton?

Is he a defensive presence like Gobert?

Is he a reliable and consistent offensive threat?

Answer is no

Bigger question is, does he have the physical ability and proper mindset to be part of an elite NBA title contender like the Lakers . . . . . . .
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/vkillem/status/1413220068100493312?s=21

You can read into it in a couple of different ways. I say Lakers just need to move on.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Drummond feels that he should be given a place in the starting lineup. The question is, should he?

Is he mobile like Ayton?

Is he a defensive presence like Gobert?

Is he a reliable and consistent offensive threat?

Answer is no

Bigger question is, does he have the physical ability and proper mindset to be part of an elite NBA title contender like the Lakers . . . . . . .

Drummondā€™s value is the vet minimum until he proves that his stats arenā€™t empty, he is definitely a starting level C but he needs to learn how to Impact winning, I definitely prefer him over Trezz/Gasol btw and thatā€™s nothing against those 2 cause they helped us this year when we had injuries.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1413225954575622148?s=21
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5zSNSPWYAIabeZ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5zSNSPWYAIabeZ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

This is why you are a valued member of the LG community.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he's not back next season.

A career loser & its pretty obvious why.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: