Dinwiddie for Kuzma discussion between the Lakers and Nets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
MJST wrote:
Dinwiddie is a fantastic upgrade over Caruso.
For the role that Caruso is playing, Dinwiddle is not better
Yes, he is.

Imho he’s not. Caruso guards multiple guys. Has chemistry with our leaders. Doesn’t jibber jabber
I'd love to see SD's net rating with LeBron.
Cuz Alex and LeBron was at +17.1.
Since SD will be asking to be in the starting lineup, where Caruso will not, will be comparng apples to oranges

Since Caruso does countless smart intelligent plays that LBJ greatly apprecites that few other players will do, Caruso (along with TNT) playing with LBJ during the crunch time (with AD plus 2 others - with one of them being a deadly shooter) would be great
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
statyin wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
If the trade is made, watch Kuz start to shine like others the Lakers have let go.

Don't see how he would "shine" in Brooklyn behind Durant, Harden and Irving.

He'd just be a face in the crowd (not that I think this trade will actually happen.)

For Kuzma to "shine" he'd need to go to a crappy team where he could be the #2 guy -- in that situation, I could see him being a 20 ppg. player for a 30-win team. So, if that's your idea of "shining," sure it could happen.

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened with BI, Zo and Julius Randolph.

Those guys were all projected to be where they are. Kuz may have already hit his ceiling

I don’t know if Kuz hit his ceiling, I do know if you look at the way BI, Zo and Julius Randolph plays now, you know they all underachieved during their days with the Lakers.

BI was compared to KD when he first came into the league, Zo was supposed to be the future face of the franchise. As good as they look right now, I am not sure I can say they were all projected to be where they are.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1413263860207738880
I guess we know who Schro’s agent is
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Aye. Alex Saratsis and Jeff Austin. They also represent Wes and the Antetokounmpo brothers heh.

I don't think the Nets will go over $20M for him. Sheesh, is anyone crazy enough to offer him that?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
Halflife wrote:
statyin wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:
If the trade is made, watch Kuz start to shine like others the Lakers have let go.
Don't see how he would "shine" in Brooklyn behind Durant, Harden and Irving.

He'd just be a face in the crowd (not that I think this trade will actually happen.)

For Kuzma to "shine" he'd need to go to a crappy team where he could be the #2 guy -- in that situation, I could see him being a 20 ppg. player for a 30-win team. So, if that's your idea of "shining," sure it could happen.
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened with BI, Zo and Julius Randolph.

Those guys were all projected to be where they are. Kuz may have already hit his ceiling
I don’t know if Kuz hit his ceiling, I do know if you look at the way BI, Zo and Julius Randolph plays now, you know they all underachieved during their days with the Lakers.

BI was compared to KD when he first came into the league, Zo was supposed to be the future face of the franchise. As good as they look right now, I am not sure I can say they were all projected to be where they are.
Lakers' young players were good enough to get AD - nuff said

BI, Zo, Hart, Randle, Clarkson and Zubac are all good players playing a reserve role (Hart, Clarkson and Zubac) to being part of a young upcoming team (Randle) that haven't tasted the playoffs - hence not on the same timeline as of LBM.

Agree that Kuz needs to go to a team where he is the 2nd or 3rd most talented player to expand his game to hopefully greater heights.

Lakers are in Wiin Now Mode and the above-listed players are still not ready to win a ring

Wish them best of the luck in their careers
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Aye. Alex Saratsis and Jeff Austin. They also represent Wes and the Antetokounmpo brothers heh.

I don't think the Nets will go over $20M for him. Sheesh, is anyone crazy enough to offer him that?

Nets already got their three superstars locked in.

They are going all in on the short window that their main 3 are signed for. So if they think Dimwiddie is going to be a 6th man of the year candidate again, there's no reason why they wouldn't bring him back. Not like they can do anything else with the money they'd use to pay him.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
One question Bobby Marks asks: “would Brooklyn consider Kuzma and the No. 22 pick in this month's draft to help facilitate a Dinwiddie sign-and-trade? The $13 million Kuzma contract would add to the Nets' substantial luxury tax bill.” But also notes an S&T would hard-cap Lakers.

Linky
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Quote:
One question Bobby Marks asks: “would Brooklyn consider Kuzma and the No. 22 pick in this month's draft to help facilitate a Dinwiddie sign-and-trade? The $13 million Kuzma contract would add to the Nets' substantial luxury tax bill.” But also notes an S&T would hard-cap Lakers.

Linky

Geez, so:

1. get hard capped (which is not good in terms of re-signing our guys like AC/THT, etc.).

2. lose our best trade assets in Kuz/22nd

3. get a player who is a marginal upgrade from Dennis in return. Dinwiddie also wants $125m from the Nets.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Stay away from the American version of the German skateboarder.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: