Can we still be laker fans, and support the clippers at the same time?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Finally, the great evil has been vanquished.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:47 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Where’s Rogie Federer ?

I think now at 4-2 the pressure is all on the Suns - Clips can play loose since they have nothing to lose. /s
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Where’s Rogie Federer ?

He is buying an emotional support dog with Ventura.
jmat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:06 am    Post subject:

As a life-long Laker fan, I remember the Showtime, the Kobe/Shaq years and the Kobe/Pau years. I never really thought much about the Clippers except mild sympathy because of how snake-bitten they were as a team.

*But when the Lakers had their awful years after Kobe retired, the Clippers would beat them regularly and they really seemed to rub their noses in it.

*Both Paul George and Kawhi Leonard stiffed the Lakers in free agency, talking out of both sides of their mouths.

*The media anointed the Clippers the team to beat in the West despite having done nothing to earn it

*There was the irritating billboard campaigns of "We versus me" and "Streetlights over Spotlights" all over the city implying that the Clippers were LA's team now and were some lunchbucket group of players despite making millions and having a billionaire ownership.

*Finally their toxic team culture (embodied by Patrick Beverly) of being all talk, puffing themselves up and talking trash especially about the Lakers. They seem to spend an inordinate amount of energy focused on the Lakers, but it's not reciprocated.

After all that, I've developed a deep hate for the Clippers and actively root for them to lose. The only team I hate more than them are the Celtics. I don't care enough about the other teams to dislike them, just those two teams.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject:

jmat wrote:
As a life-long Laker fan, I remember the Showtime, the Kobe/Shaq years and the Kobe/Pau years. I never really thought much about the Clippers except mild sympathy because of how snake-bitten they were as a team.

*But when the Lakers had their awful years after Kobe retired, the Clippers would beat them regularly and they really seemed to rub their noses in it.

*Both Paul George and Kawhi Leonard stiffed the Lakers in free agency, talking out of both sides of their mouths.

*The media anointed the Clippers the team to beat in the West despite having done nothing to earn it

*There was the irritating billboard campaigns of "We versus me" and "Streetlights over Spotlights" all over the city implying that the Clippers were LA's team now and were some lunchbucket group of players despite making millions and having a billionaire ownership.

*Finally their toxic team culture (embodied by Patrick Beverly) of being all talk, puffing themselves up and talking trash especially about the Lakers. They seem to spend an inordinate amount of energy focused on the Lakers, but it's not reciprocated.

After all that, I've developed a deep hate for the Clippers and actively root for them to lose. The only team I hate more than them are the Celtics. I don't care enough about the other teams to dislike them, just those two teams.

Streetlight over spotlight... with these primadonnas lol

Banners over Balmer$
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject:

Will you look at that? The Clippers won their championship for the year. Congrats to them.
jmat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jmat wrote:

Streetlight over spotlight... with these primadonnas lol

Banners over Balmer$

Champs over chumps.

Pros over punks.

Winners over whiners.
eznoh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

jmat wrote:

Wait ... did I write this?? Spot on!!

Mike
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

^^well put.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

eznoh wrote:
jmat wrote:

Wait ... did I write this?? Spot on!!

Mike

They've been a stain on the fabric of So Cal sports since they first moved to LA. Basketball's version of the Bengals. A national joke.. I've had disdain for them for eons. Just move out of the state already.

To this day I don't know how someone that grew up in the Southland became a Clippers' fan. I'll give someone that grew up elsewhere a pass. It defies logic for someone to wilfully root for the Clippers if they grew up here. It's like being offered a simmering Kobe beef steak (the Lakers) or a poopoo platter and opting to go face first into fecal matter. Who does this? Why?!
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject:

In rare instances such as cheering against the current Suns squad, you bet. Clippers ended up being as useless as ever.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Hell to the no.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I sports-hated Doc Rivers (stand up guy in real life) as Celtics/Clippers coach,
I sports-hated Mike Dunleavy as Blazers/Clippers coach,
I sports-hate Lawrence Frank as Clippers GM,
I sports-hate Steve Ballmer as Clippers owner,
I sports-hated Donald Sterling as Clippers owner,
I sports-hate Kawhi Leonard for jerking the Lakers around,
I sports-hate Paul George for jerking the Lakers around,
I sports-hated CP3 for accepting the trade to the Clippers.

(bleep) the Clippers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: