Clarence Williams III passed age 81

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: Clarence Williams III passed age 81

Clarence Williams III, Linc of Mod Squad passed. LINK Had a beautiful natural LINK He also hosted Tales from the Hood LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I met him and the rest of the Mod Squad trio at the height of the show's popularity when I was a kid and they were shooting right by my house. They were all so nice (and I had a huge crush on Peggy Lipton) and I remember feeling so jazzed that I was thus friends with the coolest people on TV.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

My first time seeing him was in I'm gonna git you sucka as this like black revolutionary character married to a white lady and he was so funny and his performance was so great. RIP

Would you like a bean soda?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

My favorite roles he played were the cop in Deep Cover, the junkie father in Sugar Hill and the Jem Hadar unit leader in an episode of Deep Space Nine.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

He played a solid role as Col. George Fowler in The Generals Daughter. His acting versatility is underestimated. He wasn't typecast. He's acted in comedies, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka to Shakespeare in King John.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

He was Prince's "demon'd" father in Purple Rain and Bumpy Johnson in American Gangster as well, but as Bumpy he was apparently uncredited. Wonder if that was for a reason because it was only a cameo role. Bumpy died in the first 10 mins of the movie.

I know I must've seen Deep Cover out of its connection to Snoop n Dre back in the Nine-Deuce, but I remember nothing from the movie itself. Must've been a long time. Think maybe I'll check it out again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: