Which team are you cheering for now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which team do you hope wins the championship?
Mavericks
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
Nuggets
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Jazz
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Suns
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
Clippers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bucks
38%
 38%  [ 24 ]
76ers
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Nets
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 63

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Rooting against the Clippers. When they are gone. I don't care.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Anybody but the Celtics.

So whatever. Anybody that wins is still way behind 17. I think Philly is the only team left with more than 1 championship.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

If I had to choose, hope the Bucks win it this season.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Bucks
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Mavs. Luka is amazing to watch. But really anybody but the Clippers, Suns, or Nets
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Nets

Nash and MDA, were with the Lakers a few years back.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

The Seattle SuperSonics

In other words....nobody
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

This is easy. Mavs. Luka magic!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

I don’t care who wins as long as it’s not the Clippers.

I also don’t want to see the Nets win, but if Nets vs. Clippers...go team Durant.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Nets

Nash and MDA, were with the Lakers a few years back.

Yeah, and they cost us two first round draft picks and ran us into the ground, respectively.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I also don’t want to see the Nets win, but if Nets vs. Clippers...go team Durant.

We might not have beat the Nets even if healthy. So there’s that, at least.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Yea if it comes down to that, will prefer the Nets. ONLY because their ring would mean absolutely nothing in many people's eyes since they have 3 super stars in their primes and a Blake who faked being bad on his previous team.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

As long as Nets or Clippers don’t win I’m good
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject:

1- Not the clips!
2- Nuggets
3- Utah

Think it will be a Nets / Jazz Finals. And better then most think. Jazz will have a chance.

Always amazes me when so many become uninterested once the Lakers are out. This is the playoffs. Love the competitive games. So much better then the regular season.

I will watch parts of multiple games of just about every series. Same with the NHL playoffs. I’m a junkie this time of year. Have multiple recordings going and flipping back and forth some nights.

Love the playoffs. Bummed the Lakers lost but they were frustrating to watch with emotion attached. They weren’t ready for playoff intensity. And the injury to Davis was the final straw.

Now let’s crown some Champions!
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

No one, I’m done until next season (or really until the draft and off season trades/signings).
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Not cheering for anyone, but the Bucks are the least offensive possibility.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:21 am    Post subject:

Ya'll picking the Mavs when Cuban was a part of those owners that complained to Stern about us getting CP3?

Nets look like the team that's gonna do it, if they remain healthy. They already got rid of the Celtics, so they're good in my book. And KD notching a 3rd Championship would cement his legacy that they've been trying to take away from him for the past 4 years.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:28 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ya'll picking the Mavs when Cuban was a part of those owners that complained to Stern about us getting CP3?

Nets look like the team that's gonna do it, if they remain healthy. They already got rid of the Celtics, so they're good in my book. And KD notching a 3rd Championship would cement his legacy that they've been trying to take away from him for the past 4 years.

The freaking Nets? The team with 3 starting future hall of famers, Joe "lights out" Harris, Blake Griffin and almost Lamarcus Aldridge? Wow, what a shocker if they win it all.

That will not help KD's legacy AT ALL. Just further push the argument that he needs hall of fame level super-teams in order to win. LeBron took bums to the finals. KD or Steph or Kyrie or Harden or whoever couldn't do that. PERIOD.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:40 am    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
MJST wrote:

The freaking Nets? The team with 3 starting future hall of famers, Joe "lights out" Harris, Blake Griffin and almost Lamarcus Aldridge? Wow, what a shocker if they win it all.

That will not help KD's legacy AT ALL. Just further push the argument that he needs hall of fame level super-teams in order to win. LeBron took bums to the finals. KD or Steph or Kyrie or Harden or whoever couldn't do that. PERIOD.

It will help KD's legacy just fine. Majority of the sports media dropped that whole narrative, that hey only picked up because they were mad KD was interrupting LeBron having the only 'super team' in the league. But they can't move the goalposts any further. KD went to the Nets when it was just Kyrie. Harden left to go play WITH HIM. And nobody sees them much different from an improved version of what the OKC Thunder WOULD HAVE HAD had they just paid James Harden.

So yeah, it does fine for KD's legacy, particularly given the playoffs performance he's had so far. trying to take credit away from him by this point is just saltiness.

People was acting like Kyrie was some scrub. Now if KD wins with him it's "Kyrie is a hall of famer!"

People said Harden can't win and always chokes in the playoffs. Now if KD wins with him it's "But Harden is so great they deserve no credit!"

Goalposts have stopped moving, and the Nets are KD's team despite them having Kyrie and Harden, which shows you what level KD is. If they win, it will be primarily because they have him.

Because despite that whole narrative... nobody would be picking the Nets to win the Championship if their 1-2 punch was Kyrie and Harden. And that's just the facts.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:42 am    Post subject:

Anyone but the Clippers and the Nets.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:45 am    Post subject:

I m gonna go with realistic ones, which are Jazz, Bucks, Nets and Sixers.

As for fan base Jazz has the worst, Philly fans sucks too and Nets fans are mostly bandwagoners. So fan base wise Bucks is the best choice.

For players i hate Kyrie and Harden so they are the worse, Jazz has baby Laker as Clarkson but i don't like Gobert, i really don't hate or like anyone from Sixers , from Bucks Jrue is my one of my fav player and hes also UCLA rep. I also like Middleton and don't have problem with Giannis.

For me its Bucks then.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:47 am    Post subject:

Bucks, Mavs, in that order.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:58 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
crackadon wrote:
MJST wrote:

It will help KD's legacy just fine. Majority of the sports media dropped that whole narrative, that hey only picked up because they were mad KD was interrupting LeBron having the only 'super team' in the league. But they can't move the goalposts any further. KD went to the Nets when it was just Kyrie. Harden left to go play WITH HIM. And nobody sees them much different from an improved version of what the OKC Thunder WOULD HAVE HAD had they just paid James Harden.

So yeah, it does fine for KD's legacy, particularly given the playoffs performance he's had so far. trying to take credit away from him by this point is just saltiness.

People was acting like Kyrie was some scrub. Now if KD wins with him it's "Kyrie is a hall of famer!"

People said Harden can't win and always chokes in the playoffs. Now if KD wins with him it's "But Harden is so great they deserve no credit!"

Goalposts have stopped moving, and the Nets are KD's team despite them having Kyrie and Harden, which shows you what level KD is. If they win, it will be primarily because they have him.

Because despite that whole narrative... nobody would be picking the Nets to win the Championship if their 1-2 punch was Kyrie and Harden. And that's just the facts.

Sorry, I don't agree with any of your takes. No one said Kyrie was a scrub. "Harden couldn't win in the playoffs" narrative is based on him being the main guy, but he isn't the number 1 option here, is he?

Again, could KD win a championship or let alone take a team of randoms to the finals? We'll probably never know because his championship pedigree is based around hall of fame super-teams.

There's no way in hell that KD gains some semblance of respect for winning a ring with this squad. Especially when they load managed and "rested" (aka had very convenient injuries) all season.

Lastly, you can't honestly believe Harden left all "on his own". You know these guys recruit/talk 24/7. Stop it.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:59 am    Post subject:

Maybe sixers since it has more pieces of the Lakers championship squad on it, that idiotic Rob decided to squander away.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:16 am    Post subject:

The winner of Nets vs Bucks will likely take the trophy this season.
But I am cheering for KD.
The Suns may have some chance if they go to the finals.
Along with the Jazz, they were one of the more consistently good team.
Besides, they are the one eliminating the defending champs.
Like it or not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: