Let’s be real here, all the conference finalist are probably getting bounced in the first round
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 171

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Let’s be real here, all the conference finalist are probably getting bounced in the first round

The fact that this season started early was a big f u to all the teams that played deep into the playoff last year.

NBA season is mostly about being a grind.

Looking back at the last few championship winners, it was mostly about who is the most healthy in the end.

And with shortened off season, they should have scheduled 60 games max for the regular season.

But the league didn’t care about all that, just wanted more revenue.

Denver with Murray out, shot their chance of winning the championship. They had a really good team too.

Boston with Jaylen Brown out, did really bad in the regular season too.

Miami getting swept by Bucks.

And AD and Lebron are both limping through the season.

Seriously NBA needs to consider shortening its regular season, 81 games is way too much, and basketball is a contact sports that require you to jump up and down too, it is so easy to get injured especially if you are fatigued.

What’s the point having such long season when superstars in the future won’t even play in all the games saving themselves for the playoff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 32552
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

It’s crazy enough that both finals teams might lose in the first round. If all four conference finalists lose, it will be even crazier.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Miami and the Lakers both got extremely lucky last season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 171

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
It’s crazy enough that both finals teams might lose in the first round. If all four conference finalists lose, it will be even crazier.


Yah KCP injury ain’t no fluke or accident.

It is from fatigue, your muscle wouldn’t react well to sudden movement.

And AD this injury is really from having to carry too much, with Lebron still recovering.

F.....


Last edited by Nonamehero on Sun May 30, 2021 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 31850

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Miami and the Lakers both got extremely lucky last season

Nonsense
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 171

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Miami and the Lakers both got extremely lucky last season


We played everyone at full strength in the western conference playoff....


We caught in a break in the finals with Miami being injuried. But we were still gonna win

Miami Butler got some really favorable calls just to make up for their team being hobbled.


Last edited by Nonamehero on Sun May 30, 2021 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 3290

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Miami and the Lakers both got extremely lucky last season

Nonsense


How so? We got the easiest path to the finals in recent history (pretty sure there are statistics out there). Dodging the clippers was huge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 171

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Miami and the Lakers both got extremely lucky last season

Nonsense


How so? We got the easiest path to the finals in recent history (pretty sure there are statistics out there). Dodging the clippers was huge.


No one dodged the Clippers, the Clippers might even get bounced this year in first round. While being 100% healthy physically.
Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 32552
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

NBA season should be 58 games— play each team twice. Makes each game count for more in the standings and reduces injuries.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 35095

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Miami and the Lakers both got extremely lucky last season

Nonsense


How so? We got the easiest path to the finals in recent history (pretty sure there are statistics out there). Dodging the clippers was huge.



People should probably stop making assumptions about the Clippers and deep playoff runs....their results have never panned out for the prognosticators.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 113013

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Lakers in 6.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 67139

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Yep. The final 4 from last year had the least amount of rest in between seasons. Especially the Lakers and Heat with only 71 days off. It's crazy to think all 4 finalists from last year Lakers, Heat, Denver, and Boston could be bounced in the first round this year.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 31850

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Miami and the Lakers both got extremely lucky last season

Nonsense


How so? We got the easiest path to the finals in recent history (pretty sure there are statistics out there). Dodging the clippers was huge.

They had the best record in the NBA before the pandemic with a double digit point differential and then proceeded to smoke the competition 5-5-5-6 in the playoffs.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 171

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
NBA season should be 58 games— play each team twice. Makes each game count for more in the standings and reduces injuries.


Yes and more rest between each games

No frikin back to back, that is just calling for injuries.

This way we will see players career last longer.

And veteran player playing at a high level late in their careers.

Even as a diehard Lakers fan, I watch at most 70% of regular season games anyways


Last edited by Nonamehero on Sun May 30, 2021 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 442

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I think we all need to relax. Let's be real here: AD didn't give us much before he left today's game. Hopefully he'll be good to go for Tuesday, but even if not, we're still capable of taking care of business.

We had wide open looks in the 1st quarter...all quarter long...that we didn't make. It wasn't anything that Phoenix did defensively.

For whatever reason, the Lakers just don't come to the arena awake when we play these 12:30 games.

That won't be an issue for games 5 and 6.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 171

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers in 6.


What’s the point even winning this series if AD can’t come back 100%

Risk Lebron having a career ending injury too?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 25331

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers in 6.

_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 171

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
I think we all need to relax. Let's be real here: AD didn't give us much before he left today's game. Hopefully he'll be good to go for Tuesday, but even if not, we're still capable of taking care of business.

We had wide open looks in the 1st quarter...all quarter long...that we didn't make. It wasn't anything that Phoenix did defensively.

For whatever reason, the Lakers just don't come to the arena awake when we play these 12:30 games.

That won't be an issue for games 5 and 6.


Why do you even care about winning this series.

If we have no chance to win the championship.

Lebron is very very late in his career, I don’t see any point this year going further in the playoff risking Lebron might have a career ending injury.

Unless we can all magically get back to 100% in the next week and being fully healthy, there is no point to keep fighting.

Looking at Klay Thompson being injured for 2 years now.

We can’t afford that with Lebron and AD.

We have maybe one year of championship window now.

And if we rest Lebron and AD now, we still got a good chance next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 442

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers in 6.


What’s the point even winning this series if AD can’t come back 100%

Risk Lebron having a career ending injury too?


Maybe we should just give up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 442

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers in 6.


What’s the point even winning this series if AD can’t come back 100%

Risk Lebron having a career ending injury too?


Maybe we should just give up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 442

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers in 6.


What’s the point even winning this series if AD can’t come back 100%

Risk Lebron having a career ending injury too?


Maybe we should just give up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 442

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers in 6.


What’s the point even winning this series if AD can’t come back 100%

Risk Lebron having a career ending injury too?


Maybe we should just give up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 442

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
I think we all need to relax. Let's be real here: AD didn't give us much before he left today's game. Hopefully he'll be good to go for Tuesday, but even if not, we're still capable of taking care of business.

We had wide open looks in the 1st quarter...all quarter long...that we didn't make. It wasn't anything that Phoenix did defensively.

For whatever reason, the Lakers just don't come to the arena awake when we play these 12:30 games.

That won't be an issue for games 5 and 6.


Why do you even care about winning this series.

If we have no chance to win the championship.

Lebron is very very late in his career, I don’t see any point this year going further in the playoff risking Lebron might have a career ending injury.

Unless we can all magically get back to 100% in the next week and being fully healthy, there is no point to keep fighting.

Looking at Klay Thompson being injured for 2 years now.

We can’t afford that with Lebron and AD.

We have maybe one year of championship window now.

And if we rest Lebron and AD now, we still got a good chance next year.


Sorry, but I'm a Lakers fan. I would never cheer for them to lose. That would be ridiculous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 171

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers in 6.


What’s the point even winning this series if AD can’t come back 100%

Risk Lebron having a career ending injury too?


Maybe we should just give up


We should unless we want to risk more injured and not being able to compete next year.

Or if someone have magic potion that can heal everyone 100%.

Not looking good from here on out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 171

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
I think we all need to relax. Let's be real here: AD didn't give us much before he left today's game. Hopefully he'll be good to go for Tuesday, but even if not, we're still capable of taking care of business.

We had wide open looks in the 1st quarter...all quarter long...that we didn't make. It wasn't anything that Phoenix did defensively.

For whatever reason, the Lakers just don't come to the arena awake when we play these 12:30 games.

That won't be an issue for games 5 and 6.


Why do you even care about winning this series.

If we have no chance to win the championship.

Lebron is very very late in his career, I don’t see any point this year going further in the playoff risking Lebron might have a career ending injury.

Unless we can all magically get back to 100% in the next week and being fully healthy, there is no point to keep fighting.

Looking at Klay Thompson being injured for 2 years now.

We can’t afford that with Lebron and AD.

We have maybe one year of championship window now.

And if we rest Lebron and AD now, we still got a good chance next year.


Sorry, but I'm a Lakers fan. I would never cheer for them to lose. That would be ridiculous.


Neither would I cheer to lose.

But I am not gonna cheer the team to be short sighted and risk it all for almost no chance to win this year.

Especially early in the first round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB