Let’s be real here, all the conference finalist are probably getting bounced in the first round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Davis injury has nothing to do with shorten season. His injury(a) have everything to do with him being a injury prone player and that is why betting the future with him as the key piece is absolutely HORRIBLE IDEA. THat and the fact with Jrue and a much younger more talented Cousins and a lot of quality rotation pieces, the best NO ever came up with was a sneaking into the playoffs one season (granted Cousins got hurt after about 50 games)
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
Davis injury has nothing to do with shorten season. His injury(a) have everything to do with him being a injury prone player and that is why betting the future with him as the key piece is absolutely HORRIBLE IDEA. THat and the fact with Jrue and a much younger more talented Cousins and a lot of quality rotation pieces, the best NO ever came up with was a sneaking into the playoffs one season (granted Cousins got hurt after about 50 games)

The man was key to winning a title.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:

Lol we won a championship with him.

Any extra is cherry on the top.

Don’t take championship for granted, ever!

Even as Lakers fans.

And a lot of teams that played deep into the playoff last year have key players injured.

It is definitely related to the shorten season.

Davis is no iron man, he is a skilled long big man, but I think he is less prone to injury than Durant body build.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:

And What’s is NOP doing right now?
Would you trade BI/Ball/Hart/3 first round picks for a championship? I doubt anyone says no, so the rest is irrelevant.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:

Lol we won a championship with him.

Any extra is cherry on the top.

Don’t take championship for granted, ever!

Even as Lakers fans.

And a lot of teams that played deep into the playoff last year have key players injured.

It is definitely related to the shorten season.

Davis is no iron man, he is a skilled long big man, but I think he is less prone to injury than Durant body build.

It is very hard to win in the NBA, this just feels like a cursed year, but I am hoping for miracles, but would be ok if we don’t win it this season
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:

Would you trade BI/Ball/Hart/3 first round picks for a championship? I doubt anyone says no, so the rest is irrelevant.

We've averaged 2.5 championships every ten years for the last forty years.

If we don't win this year... you can easily argue that we are underperfoming for being the Lakers.

One championship is good... but we were set up to sign two elite agents... with a bunch of young talent and draft picks. All the talent is gone... Kuzma looks on his way out... and the Pelicans are licking their chops at the next three drafts.

17 was a given in my mind... I didn't know if it would be last year... or five years from now... but all I wanted was to keep more of our talent.
Instead we let Klutch and LBJ do their thing... and they stripmined the f*ck out of us and when they are done we will be left picking up the pieces.

What would you say if we didn't win last season? If the Clippers hadn't choked like b*tches and won? Would you admit that we gave up more than we should have then?

For God's sake we are so low on assets that we are on our knees begging Dennis Schroder to sign for over 21 million per year... isn't this a sign that we paid a little too much?

Some of you may not think it, but I'm on your side... I don't just blindly follow the cult of Klutch and I look at the overall composition of the team. Is it better than the kids? Sure... but we were supposed add two elites to the kids and get rid of the ones that didn't pan out. Instead we went after the Kawhi pipe dream and wasted almost every asset we had.

It's not good to lose all your cost controlled assets and draft picks.

One day I hope you will realize that even for one title in ten years... that's not enough by Lakers standards.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:

We've averaged 2.5 championships every ten years for the last forty years.

If we don't win this year... you can easily argue that we are underperfoming for being the Lakers.

One championship is good... but we were set up to sign two elite agents... with a bunch of young talent and draft picks. All the talent is gone... Kuzma looks on his way out... and the Pelicans are licking their chops at the next three drafts.

17 was a given in my mind... I didn't know if it would be last year... or five years from now... but all I wanted was to keep more of our talent.
Instead we let Klutch and LBJ do their thing... and they stripmined the f*ck out of us and when they are done we will be left picking up the pieces.

What would you say if we didn't win last season? If the Clippers hadn't choked like b*tches and won? Would you admit that we gave up more than we should have then?

For God's sake we are so low on assets that we are on our knees begging Dennis Schroder to sign for over 21 million per year... isn't this a sign that we paid a little too much?

Some of you may not think it, but I'm on your side... I don't just blindly follow the cult of Klutch and I look at the overall composition of the team. Is it better than the kids? Sure... but we were supposed add two elites to the kids and get rid of the ones that didn't pan out. Instead we went after the Kawhi pipe dream and wasted almost every asset we had.

It's not good to lose all your cost controlled assets and draft picks.

One day I hope you will realize that even for one title in ten years... that's not enough by Lakers standards.

We didn’t have a prime lebron, and I don’t know how many really thought we would win like 2-3 with an aging lebron. I didn’t even think he can keep his peak this long to be honest.
I don’t know about the “assets” part because the first round picks we gave up are late first rounders and a 4th pick in a 3 pick deep draft.
The kids we lost may have bright futures, but they will also be very expensive. BI got max extension, Ball is due up this year. Hart is really just a journeyman at this point.
Would you trade the so called assets for number 17? I’d say do it every time.
2.5 per 10 is not sustainable with today’s salary cap situation. Basically you have to draft stars (GS), or tank for cap space for 2-3 max players. Let’s say the nets win it this year, they will be facing very high luxury tax bill (200-300mil) if they want to keep the roster together, same for the Lakers.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakers signed Lebron and acquired Davis to win a ring. Mission accomplished. Anyone complaining about Davis now should have their fan cards checked. This organization will always be about banners. Not competing for the playoffs.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Lakers signed Lebron and acquired Davis to win a ring. Mission accomplished. Anyone complaining about Davis now should have their fan cards checked. This organization will always be about banners. Not competing for the playoffs.

I am not complaining about winning it and I understand 100% why they made the trade. What I was simply saying is anyone betting on a promising future with Davis (minus LeBron) if AD is the star of the team like he was in NO or Love in Minny etc, be ready for great stats but zero championships. Davis is more of a Bosh in my mind than he is a superstar. Meaning he can’t be the #1 as I think his injuries are just going to continue to increase instead of him all the sudden being a 80+ game a year kind of guy.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

I am not complaining about winning it and I understand 100% why they made the trade. What I was simply saying is anyone betting on a promising future with Davis (minus LeBron) if AD is the star of the team like he was in NO or Love in Minny etc, be ready for great stats but zero championships. Davis is more of a Bosh in my mind than he is a superstar. Meaning he can’t be the #1 as I think his injuries are just going to continue to increase instead of him all the sudden being a 80+ game a year kind of guy.

Let’s just say lebron retires in 2 years, and we are only competing for playoffs, couldn’t we trade AD to a contender and get some assets back?
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Let’s just say lebron retires in 2 years, and we are only competing for playoffs, couldn’t we trade AD to a contender and get some assets back?

Lebron is signed for 2 more years, AD isn't going anywhere for that time. After that, if Lebron leaves, retires, the Lakers will have AD at age 30 with 1 year left on his deal and a PO. They figure to have a lot of cap space as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: