*** Los Angeles Lakers vs. Phoenix Suns (05/25/21 @ 7 PM PDT), Lakers down 1-0, Playoff Gm #2***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

Depends on which LeBron and AD versions we get. If we get LeCoast and/or the AD that floats around, hides from the ball, and jacks up contested fadeaway 18-20 footers, we will lose tonight. Our leaders need to set the tone for the team. If they are disinterested or giving poor effort on defense (especially in transition), this series will be over soon.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see a starting lineup change, or at least some alterations to the rotation.

I think there has to be, we cant lose this game
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I’m nervous about this Lakers game tonight. LeBron teams don’t have a successful history when Zach Zarba or Tony Brothers are reffing. Zarba is the lead ref tonight man
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The heat is on. I'm usually not a must win fan but I'm jumping ship and calling this a must win game. If we go down 2 0 we will have Mount Everest to climb.

I hope LBJ's performance in game wasn't because he's injured. I expect him and AD to start fast. Slow starts mean too much energy has to be used to catch up.

Vogel has to make adjustments. If he uses the same starting lineup I think he has to make rotation changes, give THT, Gasol, Morris some burn.

I'd like to see the Lakers use their size. I think AD should go low, stop shooting so many 3s. He has a monster midrange game. I hope he uses it. That's where Vogel comes in, make a game plan to utilize AD's midrange game.

If Pheonix is giving us this much trouble how will we fare against Cleveland, Brooklyn, and even Boston and like?

LETS GO LAKERS!!!

Hey Jodeke.

That's the thing, yesterday at the practice session interview Vog indicated LBJ isnt 100%, and that some plays he could be limited (I'm paraphrasing, but that's my take on it). Also, I will look for the article again (I saw it last night, cant find it now) but someone broke down a few LBJ plays where it looked like if he just did his normal move(s) he could have attacked the basket, but he didnt.

If indeed we have an LBJ who isnt as explosive to the hoop as normal, we're going to need someone else to step up their game.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

Everyone needs to remember to box out tonight. It was driving me crazy to see 3 lakers to 1 Sun under the rim and nobody boxed him out.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject:

Let's see what coach and players learned from game 1.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
Wow. I have realized how much I absolutely cannot stand Lebron. You know it is bad when I actually root against the Lakers. I would have never thought that possible. That is what Lebron has done. I can't stand that POS. Makes me sick to think he is wearing the same colors Kobe wore. That idiot should never ever be in any conversation with Kobe. Kobe was all class. That is just another reason he was so legendary. Lebron wouldn't know class if it beat him upside his receding hairline.

Your opinion has been registered and noted. If you are, as you say, now rooting against the Lakers and against their star, you might want to look for a new board, since this is a Lakers board and repeats of this will start to smell like anger troll.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Everyone needs to remember to box out tonight. It was driving me crazy to see 3 lakers to 1 Sun under the rim and nobody boxed him out.

My biggest frustration with the 2020-21 Lakers is the defensive rebounding.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

they rotate so much on defense. this is something you have to give up when you play the aggressive defense. AD is always outside trapping. the good news is we have good rebounding forwards and guards.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
Wow. I have realized how much I absolutely cannot stand Lebron. You know it is bad when I actually root against the Lakers. I would have never thought that possible. That is what Lebron has done. I can't stand that POS. Makes me sick to think he is wearing the same colors Kobe wore. That idiot should never ever be in any conversation with Kobe. Kobe was all class. That is just another reason he was so legendary. Lebron wouldn't know class if it beat him upside his receding hairline.

Silly LEROY!!!!!!

Someone give LEROY a hug
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
[insert Peanuts Teacher talk, "wah, wah, wah...."]

Silly LEROY!!!!!!

Someone give LEROY a hug

Now...when I say...who's the master...YOU say...
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go down 0-2 and then come back to win it in 6 games.

The off-ball movement is just dead for us. We are not swinging the ball. Dennis is pounding the ball and not looking to do what he does best score.

Kuzma, KCP and Matthews have to get major minutes to help here. Marc would also help because when the ball is in his hands people know he will find them if they cut.

If we sit either drum or dennis we have a good chance.

Trez needs to play w ad and bron... he is good and can take the offensive load off their back but he needs to be controlled out there by higher iq players
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

The game started out fairly well and we were even with them at 17-17. Frank immediately wet the bed, by subbing lebron out and then going with Trez at the 5. To make the decision look even more flagrant the suns had their starters all in, so Trez was guarding Ayton. From 17-17 the game went to 29-20 or something and all of the momentum was completely lost. If the suns starters are in, you cannot have Trez going against those guys, it’s a recipe for disaster. The team did not recover from that really bad stretch.
mariocabello
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

My biggest frustration is watching devin “most punchable face in the nba” booker get every bucket and assist without any resistance
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

they rotate so much on defense. this is something you have to give up when you play the aggressive defense. AD is always outside trapping. the good news is we have good rebounding forwards and guards.

For sure, but it wasn’t this bad last season.

This season’s Lakers are losing a lot of battles and way too many have been the embarrassing ones where 1 opposing player beats 2 or 3 Lakers for the rebound.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

For sure, but it wasn’t this bad last season.

This season’s Lakers are losing a lot of battles and way too many have been the embarrassing ones where 1 opposing player beats 2 or 3 Lakers for the rebound.

Alot of the Suns 2nd chance points, deflections, missed steals were very fortunate breaks for the Suns. Usually the luck will even out in a series, so don't expect the Suns to get those breaks again.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

mariocabello wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

My biggest frustration is watching devin “most punchable face in the nba” booker get every bucket and assist without any resistance

Jamal Murry says "most punchable face... hold my beer"!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Again not worried about AD ... I’m worried about Lebron as he’s been a shell of himself lately. If he continues to play very guarded with no lift or explosion then this playoff run will be short.

You should be worried about both. Lebron at his peak won't do squat without AD. And Lebron has a much better track record than AD. How you not gonna worry about AD? What did he do in New Orleans and before Lebron that makes you not worry about him? Even when this Lebron, who is a shell of himself as you say, sits on the bench, the game gets outta control cuz AD ain't doing squat.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

CP3 apparently only had a stinger so should be good to go in this one

We will need to bring our A game
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Tighten the lineup please. Don't play THT. Make AD play center instead of Trezz.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Please no Trezz at the 5. Every game that has happened, the Lakers lost the lead on his first shift or the opponent got out to a big lead and then the Lakers are forced to play catch up the entire game.

No. Harrell. At. The. 5.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
CP3 apparently only had a stinger so should be good to go in this one

We will need to bring our A game

If they insist on doubling someone, I’d start with CP3 until he proves he’s healthy. He didn’t look good at all and they could be trying to hide it.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

If KCP, AD, or Kuz have a good bounce back game we should win this. Our defense was okay, we just couldn’t score enough to separate from them or close the gap when we fell behind.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
weekend NBA Playoffs:
Lakers/Suns: 4.434M ABC
Celtics/Nets: 3.821M ABC
Hawks/Knicks: 2.995M TNT
Grizz/Jazz: 2.735M TNT
Mavs/Clippers: 2.638M ESPN
Portland/Denver: 2.296M ESPN
Heat/Bucks: 2.064M ESPN

https://twitter.com/sportstvratings/status/1397227884499116042?s=21
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

im gonna need JKidd to suit up

🎥 https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1397346169873780740?s=21
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 2 of 70
Jump to: