Playoff Discussion (potential Laker opponents)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Damn, just read CP3 is the first player to lose 4 playoff series being up 2-0

CP0
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
governator wrote:

CP0

CP0-4
šŸ’œšŸ’› šŸ† šŸ‘€ šŸ– #18!!!
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -ā‰„ā‰„ā‰„ā‰„ā‰„Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
governator wrote:

CP0

CP0-4

Chris Paul and Doc Rivers were a match made in heaven.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
governator wrote:

CP0

CP0-4

New nickname. Nice.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

As much as I'd like to dunk on team USA again, this was an expected outcome.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject:

This team USA is beyond embarrassing. Durant is a joke. All talks.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
This team USA is beyond embarrassing. Durant is a joke. All talks.

I was wondering if Iā€™m watching live or if this is a delay :/. Iā€™ll have to find where I can watch live.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

You can watch games on twitch.tv/usabasketball
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
You can watch games on twitch.tv/usabasketball

EXCELLENT. Thank you!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

If they are not going to play full court press like the previous teams, they might as well forfeit. The full court press by coach K neutralized a lot of flaws by team USA. You have a deep team, use it on defense
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

apparently its all Pops fault.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Can't blame Pop on this one, although I strongly feel the new generation of NBA talent respond more favorably to player-centric coaches (Monty, Lue, etc). This is where Coach K would have helped the team.

Ewing said it best -- the world has caught up, and the skill gap isn't as big as it used to be. One can even argue international players are more skilled than their NBA counterparts (see Luka).
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
apparently its all Pops fault.

It most certainly is
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Can't blame Pop on this one, although I strongly feel the new generation of NBA talent respond more favorably to player-centric coaches (Monty, Lue, etc). This is where Coach K would have helped the team.

Ewing said it best -- the world has caught up, and the skill gap isn't as big as it used to be. One can even argue international players are more skilled than their NBA counterparts (see Luka).

slow down there, Luka is an outlier. AD, Tatum, Mitchell, Ja, Fox, Jamal, Jaylen, Booker, The Holidays, Zion are all skilled better than any international counterpart
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Pop's love for Tony Parker lost them the game šŸ˜‚
šŸ’œšŸ’› šŸ† šŸ‘€ šŸ– #18!!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I think at this point, Pop pretty much has lost it as a coach. Ever since his wife passed away, he hasnā€™t had the same passion for the game as he did before. It shows nowadays when before, he never hesitated on yelling and getting at his best players or the 10th guy off the bench, for making a stupid mistake.

Heā€™s probably gonna retire soon and Becky Hammon will take over.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I think at this point, Pop pretty much has lost it as a coach. Ever since his wife passed away, he hasnā€™t had the same passion for the game as he did before. It shows nowadays when before, he never hesitated on yelling and getting at his best players or the 10th guy off the bench, for making a stupid mistake.

I'm not sure on the specifics. Maybe you are right or maybe not in terms of what has changed.

But one thing is undeniable. You are right, he isn't the same coach he used to be. Got a lot of respect for the guy. But at the same time, the proof is in the pudding.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I'm not sure on the specifics. Maybe you are right or maybe not in terms of what has changed.

But one thing is undeniable. You are right he isn't the same coach he used to be. Got a lot of respect for the guy. But at the same time, the proof is in the pudding.

how about age? hes an old dude that drinks barrels of wine. hes already top 5 all time. Just enjoy life.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Megaton wrote:

But one thing is undeniable. You are right he isn't the same coach he used to be. Got a lot of respect for the guy. But at the same time, the proof is in the pudding.

how about age? hes an old dude that drinks barrels of wine. hes already top 5 all time. Just enjoy life.

Yeah, I think he lost it around that same time. Sad but true, then you throw in age and him basically having a full on rebuild after a few decades of at very minimum solid Playoff teams and I just think he's done at this point and going on fumes as a coach.

They needed 10 years ago Pop or a Coach K imo. They still have the talent and potential but it doesn't feel like they want it remotely as much as the competition thus far. I 've only watched bits and pieces though and plan to keep doing the same as it's kind of pathetic tbh. It's not close to all Pop's fault but regardless of his past resume he deserves plenty of blame for this trash display as well.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

slow down there, Luka is an outlier. AD, Tatum, Mitchell, Ja, Fox, Jamal, Jaylen, Booker, The Holidays, Zion are all skilled better than any international counterpart

1) The last three MVPs have gone to international players (Giannis in 2019 & 2020, Jokic in 2021). As a longtime fan of the league, I will simply say that's insane and has never happened in the league before. Prior to the last three years, you'd have to go back to 2007 with Dirk, and then back to 1994 with Hakeem. What's happening right now in the international scene is unprecedented, which is why I'm not blaming Pop for these losses.

2) Regarding those players you listed- I would have believed you 10 years ago, but it doesn't hold up to the talent that's out there today. Those players are obviously more athletic and quicker than their European counterparts, but a guy like Jokic or even Sabonis will run circles around them in the skill department. A team that consists of Luka, Mills, Ingles, Giannis and Jokic, with guys like Gobert, Sabonis, Bogdanovic, Porzingis coming off the bench, will put up a good fight and may even win against the USA's best. It's not such a far-fetched thing to say anymore.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:23 pm    Post subject:

The only advantage team USA has is they have 12 stars (maybe 10 if you exclude Johnson and McGee), they should just press the hell out of the other team and make this a fast break contest. Most other national teams have better chemistry than team USA, so pop should start focus on suffocating defense instead of shared wealth. Team YSA won gold (world championship)rather easily with KD as the lone star in 2010, so they can do it again.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
governator wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

1) The last three MVPs have gone to international players (Giannis in 2019 & 2020, Jokic in 2021). As a longtime fan of the league, I will simply say that's insane and has never happened in the league before. Prior to the last three years, you'd have to go back to 2007 with Dirk, and then back to 1994 with Hakeem. What's happening right now in the international scene is unprecedented, which is why I'm not blaming Pop for these losses.

2) Regarding those players you listed- I would have believed you 10 years ago, but it doesn't hold up to the talent that's out there today. Those players are obviously more athletic and quicker than their European counterparts, but a guy like Jokic or even Sabonis will run circles around them in the skill department. A team that consists of Luka, Mills, Ingles, Giannis and Jokic, with guys like Gobert, Sabonis, Bogdanovic, Porzingis coming off the bench, will put up a good fight and may even win against the USA's best. It's not such a far-fetched thing to say anymore.

Yea, if this is a USA vs the rest of the world, maybe your argument hold water but for every Greekfreak, Luka, Jokic, Embiid, thereā€™s AD, Bron, harden, KD, Zion, Tatum, D.Book, Spyda, dame $, Ja, all have those ā€˜skillsā€™ ā€¦. If itā€™s US vs certain country, we shouldnā€™t lose, period
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

So am I the only goofball watching this team USA Olympic basketball game? These times for the games are challenging to say the least it reminds me of when I watch Euroleague games. I thought this was coming on at 9:40p eastern time so 6:40 our time as West Coast folks. Who in the East Coast is up at nearly 1am to watch this game? and then I think the next one is at 5 oā€™clock in the morning

I guess these are the preliminary games. Hopefully when we get crack-a-lackin for real the games will come on at more reasonable times.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Dude is 72 and the days where the Spurs are threats to be champs are long gone. All the great Spurs retired. Becky Hammon probably got frozed out over those head coaching jobs like the Blazers, but I believe the Spurs job is basically hers if she is patient.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -ā‰„ā‰„ā‰„ā‰„ā‰„Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Dude is 72 and the days where the Spurs are threats to be champs are long gone. All the great Spurs retired. Becky Hammon probably got frozed out over those head coaching jobs like the Blazers, but I believe the Spurs job is basically hers if she is patient.

You donā€™t think Duncan will get it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435  Next
Page 431 of 435
Jump to: