What is more important, trying to get the 6th Seed or improving our First Round pick?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is more important, trying to get the 6th Seed or improving our First Round pick?
Moving up in the draft a little
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Finishing 6th
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject: What is more important, trying to get the 6th Seed or improving our First Round pick?

Right now, our pick is #21. We have 30 losses. We are just 'behind' ATL, MIA and NYN with 31 loses each.

If those 3 teams win out ( they do not play each other ) and we lose our last 2, our pick goes up to #18.

If we end up even with any of those teams, the order is randomly selected, I think.

I would lose our last 2, while getting some time for our starting lineup together, say in the first quarter of each game and then resting them the rest of the way. Going up a few spots in a pretty stacked draft could be nice. Also, I am fine playing one play-in and then matching up with PHX in Rd 1.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Some draft picks have Juzang going at 18 or 19... I would cry if we lost him for the opportunity to play the Clippers in the first round.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:58 am    Post subject:

Didn't we trade our pick anyway?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 3:58 am    Post subject:

Just rest till play-in. Health is the most important.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject:

Avoiding the play-in would be the most preferred. That is the here and now to be concerned about.

The pick is likely traded away so I’m not going to put much thought into the draft possibilities.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Avoiding the play-in would be the most preferred. That is the here and now to be concerned about.

The pick is likely traded away so I’m not going to put much thought into the draft possibilities.

The pick is reverse protected. NOR gets it if it is 1-8. We will have our 2021 pick.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:

The pick is reverse protected. NOR gets it if it is 1-8. We will have our 2021 pick.

I understand that. And the Lakers will likely trade it away. They are not in the business to develop a first rd pick with a James window closing. I would be shocked if they kept a mid round pick, even if it was a highly regarded and much needed PG.

I fully expect the pick to be combined with a Kuzma, KCP or Schroder and dealt away. Just the path they are on, can't change that now.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

<snip>

I understand that. And the Lakers will likely trade it away. They are not in the business to develop a first rd pick with a James window closing. I would be shocked if they kept a mid round pick, even if it was a highly regarded and much needed PG.

I fully expect the pick to be combined with a Kuzma, KCP or Schroder and dealt away. Just the path they are on, can't change that now.

And that will be totally fine as long as they get back someone worthwhile.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Given POR is winning big, might as well lose this one now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: