Montrezl 6’7 + Markieff 6’8 front-court line up is Hot Garbage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Vogel's only reason, I would think, to use this short line up is to be able to switch coverages.... however Morris is relatively slow to switch, and Harrell doesn't know where to go so he rarely even switches or switches way too late. It's simply horrible on defense.

Offense isn't that good either, it might be even worse, especially Morris who has been having a horrid 8 game stretch right now. He's averaging 2.3 points, shooting 20.5% from the field, and 0% from 3s he's missed all 22 three point attempts! But instead of sitting him, Vogel is just limiting his mins. He started 23 mpg, down to 21, 19, 16, 13, and now just 9 mins. He should just be benched like Vogel did with Wes Matthews in favor of someone else i.e. Marc Gasol.

In short, I have no idea why Vogel plays both Harrell and Morris together.

Even a 9 minutes of Harrell/Morris combo is enough for the other team to make a run and have the momentum.

Can someone verify if we lost the 12 point lead last night as soon as both checked into the game?

That didnt happen. Ive posted this a couple times but They checked in at 3:19 in the first lakers up 27-19.

I can verify the dynamic changed when they did. Game sped up as raps went at them more. Defense started becomimg secondary.

When they left at 7:55 mark in the second it was 46-42 lakers.

They played for about 7 straight minutes and raps scored more (23) in that time than the first nine (19).

When starters got back in it just went downhill even more. Problem is the pace picked up to 30+ point quartera when they were in and thats not laker bball.

Starters get some blame as well with a lackluster second quarter effort, but i look at that initial line change as the start of it, even if it was “only” -4 in the score sheet, eg raps had even tied up the game during that run with them in there at one point, and game vibe went from “we got this” to “uh oh” while they were in.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Vogel's only reason, I would think, to use this short line up is to be able to switch coverages.... however Morris is relatively slow to switch, and Harrell doesn't know where to go so he rarely even switches or switches way too late. It's simply horrible on defense.

Offense isn't that good either, it might be even worse, especially Morris who has been having a horrid 8 game stretch right now. He's averaging 2.3 points, shooting 20.5% from the field, and 0% from 3s he's missed all 22 three point attempts! But instead of sitting him, Vogel is just limiting his mins. He started 23 mpg, down to 21, 19, 16, 13, and now just 9 mins. He should just be benched like Vogel did with Wes Matthews in favor of someone else i.e. Marc Gasol.

In short, I have no idea why Vogel plays both Harrell and Morris together.

Even a 9 minutes of Harrell/Morris combo is enough for the other team to make a run and have the momentum.

Can someone verify if we lost the 12 point lead last night as soon as both checked into the game?

That didnt happen. Ive posted this a couple times but They checked in at 3:19 in the first lakers up 27-19.

I can verify the dynamic changed when they did. Game sped up as raps went at them more. Defense started becomimg secondary.

When they left at 7:55 mark in the second it was 46-42 lakers.

They played for about 7 straight minutes and raps scored more (23) in that time than the first nine (19).

When starters got back in it just went downhill even more. Problem is the pace picked up to 30+ point quartera when they were in and thats not laker bball.

Starters get some blame as well with a lackluster second quarter effort, but i look at that initial line change as the start of it, even if it was “only” -4 in the score sheet, eg raps had even tied up the game during that run with them in there at one point, and game vibe went from “we got this” to “uh oh” while they were in.

The lead was just down to 4 because kuzma got hot. What if his shots missed? Its not as if kuzma will shot like that every game. 0 defense, but kuzma save them from getting blown out in that time span.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: