Marc/Trezz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Vogel tells @billoram
that the Lakers have talked at length about playing Marc Gasol and Montrezl Harrell together, but that the team has refrained from trying the combination because it’s tough to play two bigs together in the modern game.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
that the Lakers have talked at length about playing Marc Gasol and Montrezl Harrell together, but that the team has refrained from trying the combination because it’s tough to play two bigs together in the modern game.

How dumb... do you have....to be..... or rather how dumb do they think we are?

They play Drummond and Davis together and they are "two bigs" so I don't want to hear those excuses. Gasol stretches the floor and attacks on the pick and pops, Harrell stays inside, gets rebounds and finishes.

It ain't rocket science.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

They play Drummond and Davis together and they are "two bigs" so I don't want to hear those excuses. Gasol stretches the floor and attacks on the pick and pops, Harrell stays inside, gets rebounds and finishes.

It ain't rocket science.

Exactly...didn't McGee and Dwight play with AD? Were they not bigs? It's a lame excuse...try it, what the hell do you have to lose? Kief has been beyond pathetic.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

It ain't rocket science.

Exactly...didn't McGee and Dwight play with AD? Were they not bigs? It's a lame excuse...try it, what the hell do you have to lose? Kief has been beyond pathetic.

Yeah, that quote was not a smart one when the alternative is literally one of if not the worst player in the entire NBA over the last few weeks in Kief. He's obviously not nearly that bad normally but this is becoming an extremely long stretch of awfulness when everything is magnified with the Playoff race being so tight. Then on the other hand Gasol has been extremely solid any chance he's gotten lately.

It almost feels reminiscent of how Luke finally had to tell Phil himself that Ariza should be playing. We had Kuz come out publicly and say Gasol should be playing. Even 15ish minutes for him could be the difference in losing and winning a lot of these games. Gasol isn't a savior or anything but he's a much better option then the trash bench front court he's put out there for quite awhile now and is clearly worth a look if it's replacing current Kief.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

It ain't rocket science.

Oh brother...just...wow.

Totally agree with you MJST
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

There has to be more to this, vogel cant be this obtuse...can he?
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

It ain't rocket science.

Oh brother...just...wow.

I'm not saying I agree with Vogel but I think what he means by "bigs" is slow-footed defenders that can't defend out to the perimeter. In that sense AD isn't a "big" and thus can play with AD2/Trezz/Gasol.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

It ain't rocket science.

Oh brother...just...wow.

I'm not saying I agree with Vogel but I think what he means by "bigs" is slow-footed defenders that can't defend out to the perimeter. In that sense AD isn't a "big" and thus can play with AD2/Trezz/Gasol.

Kieff doesnt exactly blow me away with his defensive quickness or speed
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

It ain't rocket science.

Oh brother...just...wow.

That's a fair point that a couple of others have also made in another thread. I'm just trying to make some sense of why Vogel is doing what he's doing - I can't think of any other explanation.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
DrDent wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

It ain't rocket science.

Oh brother...just...wow.

That's a fair point that a couple of others have also made in another thread. I'm just trying to make some sense of why Vogel is doing what he's doing - I can't think of any other explanation.

Got me. I've insulted his intelligence enough, mocked him, and done other childish things. None of it helps. I'll just go back to my corner
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

So they are going to stick on putting Harrell @ C even the game is on the line? Goodluck for them in the play-in. Let's just hope that opponents dont pull away. Just imagine if McGee can score 8pts on that for less than 4 minutes, how much more the other teams. And it looks like other coaches knows that Lakers will insert that lineup as at the start of 2nd and 4th Q, they are putting some of inserting some of their starters vs that lineup.
shoulder doc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Love the Shawshank Redemption reference!! Yes Vogel is definitely being "obtuse". Give him another month in the hole.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Harrell's Net Rating is -11 the last 15 games. Is Vogel even looking at advance stats? Even in eye test, Harrell failed.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Only reason I can conjure up is that he's saving it for the playoffs, and don't want any teams to have any film of it in action. Maybe he's just super confident this works having tried it in practice? I'm grasping at straws here but literally no other reason comes to mind lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject:

The one thing I will say is that Vogel was pretty quick to adapt in the playoffs (i.e. benching Jav/Dwight against certain matchups). It's frustrating that he's a mad scientist in the regular season though.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Only reason I can conjure up is that he's saving it for the playoffs, and don't want any teams to have any film of it in action. Maybe he's just super confident this works having tried it in practice? I'm grasping at straws here but literally no other reason comes to mind lol

But we wouldn't be playing two bigs together! We would be playing a big with Trez. Not sure how that quote is related.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

But we wouldn't be playing two bigs together! We would be playing a big with Trez. Not sure how that quote is related.

Vogel considered Trezz as big
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Damn!!!
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Kanter will score more than 10 pts in 4 minutes vs these clowns
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

They also got Nurkic back now... I'm already accepting that we will be in play in games. I'm just hoping now that we dont fall all the way to 9. Sad to say I don't see this team winning another game unless we are fully healthy.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

They also got Nurkic back now... I'm already accepting that we will be in play in games. I'm just hoping now that we dont fall all the way to 9. Sad to say I don't see this team winning another game unless we are fully healthy.

Thats why I said Kanter, because he's the one who will play vs these lineup (Harrell/Morris)
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Missed the first half of the game, heard they experimented the 2, how did they do?
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

How did the Gasol/Harrell combo do?

Kind of hard to tell because:

Gasol +10
    Harrell -9

But together on the floor for the first time, how’d they do?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Missed the first half of the game, heard they experimented the 2, how did they do?

they actually did good, except in the last 2 palys in the forth where they they dont lnow who will close out on Crowder. But the whole game they are both in, they did good.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
How did the Gasol/Harrell combo do?

Kind of hard to tell because:

Gasol +10
    Harrell -9

But together on the floor for the first time, how’d they do?

Harrell -9 because he played center with McKinnie as pf, and the suns immediately made a run.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: