Andre Drummond vs 07-08 Andrew Bynum
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better player?
Andre Drummond
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
07-08 Andrew Bynum
61%
 61%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 36

Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Drummond. Bynum couldn't stay on the court (injury). He was day-to-day for 7 months.

Now, in that mythical world where Bynum avoids the big injury, Drew becomes a HOF player and this question never arises.

In this world Jim Buss is lauded as a genius for drafting a Hof Bynum and pulling off the Chris Paul trade.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Drummond. Bynum couldn't stay on the court (injury). He was day-to-day for 7 months.

Now, in that mythical world where Bynum avoids the big injury, Drew becomes a HOF player and this question never arises.

In this world Jim Buss is lauded as a genius for drafting a Hof Bynum and pulling off the Chris Paul trade.

Chris Paul + Kobe + HoF Bynum would have destroyed the league.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Prime Bynum was beautiful. He played above the rim, ran the floor for easy buckets...soft touch around the glass...blocked shots, altered even more with that enormous wingspan. When he was healthy and locked in, he was a beast. Unfortunately, health was THE major issue. At other points in time, he would go long stretches on the court with nothing to show for it (seemingly disconnected).

I remember taking my nephew and niece to watch him at the Long Beach SPL before his rookie year...Bynum, Ronny Turiaf. I miss those days.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject:

Bynum is only 33 today to put things in perspective. I still think he'd be in the league if the era he played in emphasized load management. Technology is different today than it was 10 years ago, and I'm certain that they'd take outside the box approaches to fixing his knees (look at the Pels w/ Zion and landing mechanics). Sad that his body couldn't hold up because he was a top 5 center in the league in his prime. Nevertheless, he was a crucial piece to those two championships, and I'm super grateful for what he did here. Don't forget his wacky myspace page that surfaced after the 05 draft. The era before facebook and social media was so beautiful.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject:

So far he looked dominant against a center less Utah squad and Aldridge who retired. He's a dominant rebounder who has good hands, that's about it. He'll look good catching lobs with lebron though.
lakersbeach
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I consider myself an above average Googler and I cannot for the life of me figure out what Andrew Bynum is up to today. He was my favorite non-Kobe player on those championship teams and probably once a year I try to see if I can find a current trace of him, always come up empty.

Wonder if anyone else can dig something up...
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersbeach wrote:
I consider myself an above average Googler and I cannot for the life of me figure out what Andrew Bynum is up to today. He was my favorite non-Kobe player on those championship teams and probably once a year I try to see if I can find a current trace of him, always come up empty.

Wonder if anyone else can dig something up...

He was last seen in Australia. I imagine he's traveling the world and has a few startups. He was a computer geek, so I assume he's into tech, apps and all that.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

Has anyone noticed Drummond's tiny hands? I think he has good mitts, but his one handed dunks are always flimsy with the ball floating just outside of his palm.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

Close vote.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: