The Numbers, Lakers Individual Player Stats With No LBJ/AD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject: The Numbers, Lakers Individual Player Stats With No LBJ/AD

15 games since LBJ has been (and Utah’s stats were not included as they haven’t been uploaded on Basketball Reference) out. We are a very surprising 7-8 during that stretch (when a lot of Lakers fans though we would be way worse). Here is how our key rotation players have fared during that stretch.

Dennis: 16.4ppg/7.4apg/3.2rpg/42.9% from 3/3.2 turnovers
Kuz: 15.2ppg/2.7apg/5.9rpg/31.2 from 3/2.3 turnovers
Trezz: 13.8ppg/1.0apg/7.3rpg/0% from 3/1.3 turnovers
KCP: 10.1ppg/2.3apg/3.3rpg/41.5% from 3/1.3 turnovers
THT: 11.1ppg/3.5apg/3.1rpg/27.8 from 3/2.1 turnovers
Kieff: 12ppg/1.4apg/6.1rpg/37.1% from 3/1.5 turnovers
AC: 6.7ppg/3.1apg/3.2rpg/45.5% from 3/1.7 turnovers
Wes: 6.1ppg/0.9apg/2.1rpg/30.2% from 3/0.3 turnovers
Drummond: 9.2ppg/1.2apg/9.2rpg/0% from 3/3 turnovers
Marc: 7.6ppg/2.6apg/3.9rpg/46.2% from 3/2.3 turnovers

Pretty balanced all around, some observations:

-the turnovers are crazy. Dennis leads but it isn't too bad at a 2.3:1 assist/turnover rate, while others are faring worse.

-it's a team rebounding effort. Aside from Drummond who joined later, not a lot of individual rebounding.

-3 point shooting from our guards (except THT) has been phenomenal. Dennis/AC/KCP all above 40%.

-Kieff has really stepped up in AD's absence. Putting up very sold numbers and shooting from 3.

Overall, I'm very pleased at 7-8 over the 15 games without LBJ. Many feared much worse but we really did hang in there with AD about to join us shortly.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention, while our offense as a team has struggled, our team defense has been phenomenal.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Not to mention, while our offense as a team has struggled, our team defense has been phenomenal.

This. That's solid coaching.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

We just have too many players that hovering closer to the 1.5:1 or 1:1 assist/turnover ratio.

This is obviously b/c our chief playmaker LBJ is out, but the turnovers are just killing me and the team.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Not when Harrell is in, they got abused in the paint for many games now.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Here's what we need to do.

We need to find some way to move Harrell and keep Drummond :3
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject:

It's remarkable that so many of the better teams that we played were having their own problems. Utah was missing Mitchell, Gobert, and Conley. The Bobcats were missing half their team. Fair is fair, but man, did we manage to time it just right or what? We were 7-8 when we should have been no better than 4-11.

As for the players, the biggest disappointment was Kuzma. This was a golden opportunity to show everyone what he could do without Lebron. Well, I guess he did show us.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
leking006 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Here's what we need to do.

We need to find some way to move Harrell and keep Drummond :3

Totally unrelated.. moving trezz doesn’t give us any extra cap to sign Dre
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:20 am    Post subject:

Vogel is one of the best coaches in the NBA. Hands down we got a huge steal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
It's remarkable that so many of the better teams that we played were having their own problems. Utah was missing Mitchell, Gobert, and Conley. The Bobcats were missing half their team. Fair is fair, but man, did we manage to time it just right or what? We were 7-8 when we should have been no better than 4-11.

As for the players, the biggest disappointment was Kuzma. This was a golden opportunity to show everyone what he could do without Lebron. Well, I guess he did show us.

Yeah. I’m frankly shocked we are 7-8. Our season hung in the balance.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

We have a chance in games bc of his defensive mindset.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Lol about Kuz hot takes. There’s a reason his efficiency is much lower. He’s a finisher brah. He is relying on others to make plays for him. Your expectations does not correlate with his game. If he has the handle to get anywhere he wants to then your point is validated. I know someone here think he’s only worth 3 million. Now of all a sudden he’s supposedly this guy to take his game to another level.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

It's all about the DEFENSE!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Lol about Kuz hot takes. There’s a reason his efficiency is much lower. He’s a finisher brah. He is relying on others to make plays for him. Your expectations does not correlate with his game. If he has the handle to get anywhere he wants to then your point is validated. I know someone here think he’s only worth 3 million. Now of all a sudden he’s supposedly this guy to take his game to another level.

Actually, you just made my point.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to Dennis sharing the court with a healthy LeBron, Davis and Dre. Endless on-ball and off-ball opportunities. His speed, handle and midrange fit glamorously with that group.

Just need the rest of the rotation to space for you out to the line while keeping the team defense at a high level. Then the opposition is giving up points at all three levels and having a hard time giving it back to you on the other end.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

100%
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

We will have one of the deepest teams once we get healthy. Lots of capable NBA rotation players on the team that will have to sit out games.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We will have one of the deepest teams once we get healthy. Lots of capable NBA rotation players on the team that will have to sit out games.

As I've said before, I think people confuse width for depth. For the playoffs, most if not all coaches would rather have two or three reliable impact players off the bench instead of seven "capable NBA rotation players." Harrell is our only consistent impact guy off the bench. Kuzma is an impact guy sometimes, but you never know what you're going to get. Caruso is consistent, but he's a one-way player. The other guys can be good on a given night, but they're usually mediocre. So we have width, but depth is questionable.

I don't know whether our depth is better or worse than the other contenders. I haven't taken the time to analyze their rotations, and I don't feel moved to take the time to do that. But when I look at our bench, I'm not as excited as some of you.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Drummond/Trez/Marc
AD/Kief
Bron/Kuz
Kcp/Wes/Mclemore
DS/Caruso/Tht

We have 13 guys who legit deserve rotation minutes for playoff teams. Props to pelinka for putting together this team—arguably the DEEPEST in the nba right now.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LMAO. Kuz is finally making an impact and yet he is the biggest disappointment. There’s a certain disconnect from your expectations to reality.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

People here who still thinks that kuz is some 3rd-star wannabe needs to get some reality check. 3rd stars dont sign for $13M a year. Kuz is well aware of his role in this team.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LMAO. Kuz is finally making an impact and yet he is the biggest disappointment. There’s a certain disconnect from your expectations to reality.

No, because you are making excuses for why Kuzma hasn't been making an impact without Lebron.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

No, because you are making excuses for why Kuzma hasn't been making an impact without Lebron.

Lol. What kind of impact you’re looking for? He has been playing winning type of basketball throughout this season. He is a role player who need some one like Lebron to score. He’s not a 3rd star who can create better shot for himself.. If you expect him to put better and more efficient then you’re reaching.

Last edited by CRoost on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

Lol. What kind of impact you’re looking for? 3rd star without a handle. He is a role player who need some one like Lebron to score. If you expect him to put better and more efficient then you’re reaching.

Exactamente
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: The Numbers, Lakers Individual Player Stats With No LBJ/AD

Just curious. Why no BMac stat line? Played the same number of games as Drum?

yinoma2001 wrote:
15 games since LBJ has been (and Utah’s stats were not included as they haven’t been uploaded on Basketball Reference) out. We are a very surprising 7-8 during that stretch (when a lot of Lakers fans though we would be way worse). Here is how our key rotation players have fared during that stretch.

Dennis: 16.4ppg/7.4apg/3.2rpg/42.9% from 3/3.2 turnovers
Kuz: 15.2ppg/2.7apg/5.9rpg/31.2 from 3/2.3 turnovers
Trezz: 13.8ppg/1.0apg/7.3rpg/0% from 3/1.3 turnovers
KCP: 10.1ppg/2.3apg/3.3rpg/41.5% from 3/1.3 turnovers
THT: 11.1ppg/3.5apg/3.1rpg/27.8 from 3/2.1 turnovers
Kieff: 12ppg/1.4apg/6.1rpg/37.1% from 3/1.5 turnovers
AC: 6.7ppg/3.1apg/3.2rpg/45.5% from 3/1.7 turnovers
Wes: 6.1ppg/0.9apg/2.1rpg/30.2% from 3/0.3 turnovers
Drummond: 9.2ppg/1.2apg/9.2rpg/0% from 3/3 turnovers
Marc: 7.6ppg/2.6apg/3.9rpg/46.2% from 3/2.3 turnovers

Pretty balanced all around, some observations:

-the turnovers are crazy. Dennis leads but it isn't too bad at a 2.3:1 assist/turnover rate, while others are faring worse.

-it's a team rebounding effort. Aside from Drummond who joined later, not a lot of individual rebounding.

-3 point shooting from our guards (except THT) has been phenomenal. Dennis/AC/KCP all above 40%.

-Kieff has really stepped up in AD's absence. Putting up very sold numbers and shooting from 3.

Overall, I'm very pleased at 7-8 over the 15 games without LBJ. Many feared much worse but we really did hang in there with AD about to join us shortly.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: